Author Topic: Lost power and exsuast sounds different ??/  (Read 17330 times)

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
Re:Lost power and exsuast sounds different ??/
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2003, 01:10AM »
Yep 2500 @ 100km/h in 5th sounds exactly like mine.
Sammy those rims definitely look like Bluebird LX wheels. Why put them on a U12 TRX I don't know.
You said you got your TRX resprayed... how much did it cost you?
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

SaMmYJ

heheheh
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2003, 01:11AM »
cost me a deck and a amp :) so like 1g for deck and 700 for amp so 1700 but i got the dek n amp for free hehehe

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2003, 08:50AM »
same here 2500rpm 100km/hr in 5th.

If youre getting that to smmyJ, how can you manage 120km in 2nd? What rpm is that?

I would assume, if you could get 120 in second, your gear ratio would be taller, so in 5th, doing 100km.hr you would be like at 1500rpm?

Make sense?

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
Re:rims
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2003, 10:38AM »
i duno wat rims they are all i knoe they are sh*t and make the car scrape everever i got 65 profile tyers so i can get in my drive way its got perders suspention done to it :)

Hey, are those rims 15"?? coz if they are you've got the wrong profile tire on them, maybe that's why things don't seem to add up...  ::)
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline Nizzan

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com junkie
  • I am NOT a llama!!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:21PM »
Yeah mine scrape too. I was at the FTG drags last week and had a full car, every corner i took scraped on the tires, mite need to get the sides bashed out. i forget what they're called? I'd hate to see what happens when i get it lowered.

Might remove the rear seat and make it a coupe methinks  8)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:27PM »
a pintara coupe would be the shiznit  :o

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2003, 02:25PM »
If they are rims from a Bluebird LX they'd be 14x6.0j I think but maybe it's 5.0j or 5.5j doesn't make any diff anyway but they might not be from a Bluey....

If he does have the tyre series wrong it'd have to be *pretty damn wrong* to get 20k's out on the speedo... but yeah if anything'd do it that would...

But then how come @100km/h in 5th his tacho reads the same as ours???

Too many questions... so few answers...
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

SaMmYJ

grr
« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2003, 04:18PM »
fucken car the engin is gone :( thats y i cant do 120 anymore i only reach 80 max on redline grrr looks liike gtir engin gona have to go in ahhh y u dogs dog my 14` for ther like interceptors on a cl bro .

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2003, 04:45PM »
sometimes, if something goes wrong, you might find yourself making up other problems, kinda like hypochondria over your car... so maybe you think the car did 120 in 2nd but it didnt, maybe you only really payed attention to your speeds after the car started running like shit. we've probably all done it before.

i'm sure the engine isnt buggered if you can do the same as what everyone elses pintara can.

also, if the gearbox has been modified internally, from what i've seen, the 5th gear is rarely changed, which would be reason for the revs to be the same in 5th. but its all very sketchy & i'm not going to make any more assumptions..

but as for this comment

but i got the dek n amp for free hehehe

i'd be really careful who you say stuff like that in front of.

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2003, 05:22PM »
Engine is fukcked? No wonder..............if you can reach 120km/in second it would be fucked.

Define fucked for me? Because 80 in second doesnt mean the engine is fucked you know?????

SaMmYJ

mate
« Reply #40 on: Feb 17, 2003, 05:25PM »
mate u think i am f*ken dumb or something u think i duno the differnece between 90 and 120 i am telling u it used to do 120 now it dont it used to do 120 in 2nd all the time since i got it 5 months ago just now scince i changed exuast it fucked up !

SaMmYJ

Ri tell u wat
« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2003, 05:50PM »
i tell u wat guys i never coming on this shit again its fked up , i ask if anyone knoes wat the prob could be y my exuast is shit and that and i tell u wat i used to do and u guys calling me a siht talker u can all get fucked i aint coming on this again laterz !

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:27PM »
being the fair guy i am, u can go get fucked sammyj, seeya adios, im sick of ur immature antics.

u have got issues

if u get agro over sumthin that is posted on the net, its reallly unneccesary to go tell everyone to get fucked. all we are doing is voicing our opinions and if u may or may not have realised we are trying to sort out why what is happening with ur car.

its plain and simple, and u claim to go to the dyno like every fucken day. so like is it any drama to get a print out claiming speed vs rpm? it all seems strange to me. surely it cant be hard to scan a dyno sheet, as alot of us would be very interested in what it has to say.

but because u have a short fuse and think we are a mob of [i seem to suffer from tourettes]s, i guess u wont forgive us then for being interested in ur car.

but good luck with ur car, hope to see the gtir engine in it.

-Cam
"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #43 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:30PM »
on second thoughts, everyone deserves a second chance, so ill keep u on here for the time being, hopefully u change ur ways and become a bit more helpful.

think im reasonable fellas?  ;D

and ps sammyj, dont post things like yeh bro sick i got some stolen deck and amp which i swapped for a respray. wrong thing to say man. ur digging ur own grave if u show ur own stupidity like that in public.

-Cam

"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"

SaMmYJ

hmm
« Reply #44 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:31PM »
fair enough i just cut u dun belive i do 120 in 2nd hers i gona go scan the dyno now !

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #45 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:41PM »
ok sammy, its hard to interpret whats goes on in this forum, either good or bad. im sorry if u got hurt from what members have to say. its not that we dont believe, its that we are all amazed how u get to that speed in second.

if u can back up ur figures with some kinda proof, then this will stop confrontations with other members.

anyway man, ur off the hook  ;D just remember that anything u say in here thats out of the ordinary will be questioned pretty much immediately as the majority of us have the same car!!

hope to see the dyno sheet  8)

-Cam

SaMmYJ

while i scaning dyno
« Reply #46 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:45PM »
while i scaning dyno here a few pics i took 3 min ago i put nissan sticker on yesterday cost me 45 bux from pipeworks it changes coulours n shit looks crazzy

[attachment deleted by admin]

SaMmYJ

mm
« Reply #47 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:46PM »
here

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #48 on: Feb 17, 2003, 06:57PM »
nice very nice actually, ive seen that sticker before, from memory it changes colour??

looks like the trx runs in the family hey? is that a bluebird one parked up in front?!

clean looking car u have there, and as ive read uve goit the same suspension as i have, pedders super low? sure makes the car sit nice with goofd handling to boot!

keep up the good work

-Cam

SaMmYJ

« Reply #49 on: Feb 17, 2003, 07:13PM »
aghh i cant post it its 150kb u only aloud 100 here !

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #50 on: Feb 17, 2003, 07:24PM »
dang!~ :'( could ya crop down the image a little bit, or maybe split the image into 2 files and post each seperately?

SaMmYJ

aghh
« Reply #51 on: Feb 17, 2003, 07:41PM »
ahh i got it scaned but in black in white i see if i can fix a color onw for yaz this was day the car was runing magic now ahhh its shithouse !

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 17, 2003, 10:56PM »
not bad....74 at the wheels.

Didnt mean to offend you sammyJ about the speed throughout gears. Maybe the joke went  alittle too far? Got to have a sense of humour too thoough.

As for help with your problem, mate I am, like most of us are stumped.

As WE all have mentioned, 120km per hour in 2nd is a hell of  a title.

We have never ever reached anywhere near that, so if youre confident thats what you were once able to reach, maybe its best if you ask your cousin who you bought the car from, what mods he has done to it, in order to get it back to the way it was.

I know personally, and Im sure I speak for all of the boys in here (and girls), that we would all like to know the mods done on the car, which enabled it to reach such speeds in the gears.

So, do yourself and us all a favour, talk to your cousin who sold you the car, find out the mods and let us all in on it, so we too, can make our Babies perform that little bit, or in this case, a lot better.

Mitza

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #53 on: Feb 18, 2003, 12:39AM »
Sammy - How many revs were you pulling to get to 120 in 2nd - Thinking it might have a cam or something in it
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #54 on: Feb 18, 2003, 12:45AM »
just out of curiosity, (and cause all these arguments in this thread, joking or not are shitting me off) i took my car for a spin down the street, and i got to 103km/hr in 2nd gear at 5800rpm... so by the time i hit 6500rpm when the rev limiter kicks in, i'd easily be around 110km/hr in 2nd.

i'm not trying to stick up for anyone in this thread, far from it. but yeah, i dunno. that is how it is.

as for my power figures, i dyno'd the same as nismo on the dyno day last year, yeah, it was a shit dyno with wanky uninterested operators after some quick cash, but at previous dyno runs that nismo took his trx on that were more professionally operated, he dyno'd 80kw at the wheels. so i'd assume that my figure at the wheels would be quite similar. and i have since had a chip installed.

and sammyj, it probably doesnt help your cause calling people dogs.. its quite clear that no one has attempted to offend you in any way with their postings, so as joczy has said, it might be in your best interest to calm down a little if you want to get any help with things.

if your engien is lacking power, which is basically what your saying, try checking your your throttle cable, it may be incorectly adjusted, check the air cleaner, although, by the looks, you'd have no problems jsut recently fitting a pod. it could be a fault in the fuel supply system. check for a clocked fuel filter, check for water in your fuel, or an incorrect fuel pressure. you may also have faulty, fouled, or incorrectly gapped spark plugs, or maybe excessive high tension lead resistance. your alternator could be pumping out an incorrect voltage, or it could be as simple as a loose earth connection somewhere. and lastly, ensure your exhaust hasnt been blocked... if you react much the same way to people in real life as to what you were to people here in the last few days, someone may have shoved a wet towel up you exhaust pipe, which would also explain your exhaust sounding different.. just a few thoughts.

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #55 on: Feb 18, 2003, 12:49AM »
Just thought of something after reading noss`s post
Check and make sure that catalytic converter hasn`t failed
This would block exhaust gasses, affect power and have different exhaust sound

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #56 on: Feb 18, 2003, 01:02AM »
Didn't you mention you already had a new cat sammy???

Man if I said something that was offending I'm real sorry. I revved my car much up to 6000 and got 200km/h. I was too scared to rev it harder than that so who knows. The only reason we "disputed" your claim of 120 in 2nd is that none of us can do it! More interested than anything.

Your car looks heaps awesome man anyway!!

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #57 on: Feb 18, 2003, 01:08AM »
New cat doesn`t mean it wouldn`t fail though - I had cat on my GTR that lasted a week  >:(
i was kinda pissed about that i tell ya

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #58 on: Feb 18, 2003, 01:15AM »
Didn't you mention you already had a new cat sammy???

Man if I said something that was offending I'm real sorry. I revved my car much up to 6000 and got 200km/h. I was too scared to rev it harder than that so who knows. The only reason we "disputed" your claim of 120 in 2nd is that none of us can do it! More interested than anything.

Your car looks heaps awesome man anyway!!

in what gear richtrx?

in 5th, i was revving at around 3500-4000rpm and i was sitting well above the 200km/hr limit of the speedo, i'd be guessing 215km/hr

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 18, 2003, 08:15AM »
You telling us noss that you too are getting round the 110/120 in 2nd mark?
Having advanced my timing a few days back, i noticed my speed in the gears fall quite a bit (eg.round 90-95 in 2nd) but power down low, pick up quite a lot.
For me, id take acceleration over top end, but thats how I like it. Maybe with extractirs, I might get some of the topend back