Author Topic: Lost power and exsuast sounds different ??/  (Read 17293 times)

SaMmYJ

Lost power and exsuast sounds different ??/
« on: Feb 12, 2003, 12:57AM »
hay people i got dyno done aother day and all good next day i start car sounds ok, i take off and got 1/2 the power exuast soudns differnt and all . i go to mechinice he says cats gone so change it and still shit noise and can only do 70 in2nd wen i could do 120 b4 i duno wat the fuk is wrong wif it
how or wat does anyone knoe that can cause me to loose soo much power and make exuast sound diffferent ??????

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
Re:Lost power and exsuast sounds different ??/
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2003, 02:15AM »
not too sure but i`d be doing a compression teston the motor first to rule out something major
What is the point of a signature, who REALLY reads it??

Offline RichTRX

• sth. oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • May the 4's be with you.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2003, 11:37AM »
Maybe it's time to stop doing 120 in second  ;) that sounds like a redline job. Car won't last too long doing that.

If ur exhaust is making a strange note it could be that ur engine isn't buring all of the fuel that ur sending to it. Run the car and check the exhaust for any black or blue smoke. This happened to me and it was simple as pulling the plug off the air-flow sensor and putting it back on again.  :)
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2003, 12:30PM »
how the fuk did u ever reach 120 in second?

maybe the new cat is restricting your exhaust flow...
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2003, 12:32PM by aussie-gli »
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

SaMmYJ

eyy
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2003, 11:42PM »
mmmm i allways reach betweek 110 and 120 in second, my car has got a bit or work to it :P mmmm i taking to tajab to put on dyno to see wat the fuk happend cus i been driving like this for 4 months no worries i think its the injectors not sending enough fuel to spark the pistons so maybe fuel pump gone or mayb air flow meter gone or some shit i will find it today ! i keep u up to date :) also evan cars fucked and do 100 in 2nd i riped agalant no turb and a celica today hehehe fuk its fun :)  

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2003, 11:54PM »
Normally if it was blocked injectors it would slowly become worse and worse, not just abrubtly stop functioning. I'd be looking at something different it I were u but hey prove me wrong!!!  ;D
His: 2001 Audi S4 biturbo quattro 6sp, Nogaro Blue/black leather recaros, microsilver trim, bose 10sp, SSAC 2.5" twin turboback, RS4 rear sway, 25% tint

Hers: MY99.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro GP Edition AVANT 5-sp, phantom black, black leather buckets/walnut/sunroof, 2.5" D&T Turboback, K04-015, N75J, 710N DV

Bro driving: 1990 Nissan Pintara TRX 5sp Red, 16" Rozzis, Lukey 4-2-1 ext, 2.5" full exhaust, hi-flow cat, cone cai, stg 3 chip,  low Kings, GT Gas shocks, Urethane bushings, slotted front rotors, 398000k and still going strong; 0-100 in around 7.2-7.4 seconds

SaMmYJ

ahh
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2003, 12:41PM »
just got if of the dyno had only 50 kwats so thats like 30 down so allan from rajab performance checked everything n found out that the o2 sensor is fucked so orderd one 90 bux new gona put it in 2morow n see how we goo :) might also take the resinator out of the exuast

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2003, 02:01PM »
Exactly what I was saying before!!! How about that. I did have the same probs although mine just wasn't connected properly!  ;)

SaMmYJ

« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2003, 11:10PM »
thanx g i owe u i gona put it on today we see how it goes !

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2003, 11:22PM »
What mods have you done?
120 in second?

Impossible.
Sorry

80kw at the wheels? must be looking round 120 at the fly...what mods have you done to your car?

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2003, 11:39PM »
120 in second?

Impossible.
Sorry
That's what I thought!! I've never tried but I think 90 would be redlining in 2nd.
You'd have to have ur engine fully balanced to allow it to rev hard enough to do 120 in 2nd. Even then  :-\
Either that or a fully customised gearbox with taller ratios would do it!

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2003, 02:44AM »
I`m interested to here what`s done to the motor also

some info please sammy?

SaMmYJ

ahhh what
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2003, 12:20AM »
wat u cant do 120 in 2nd i do it all the time 115 - 120 i bought the car of my cusson in syd i duno wat the fuk they done to it all i can tell from it is it got extrators pod exuast tats all i can see but thers more cus ther was like 5 tachos taken out and wholes all over dash and t - peices everywere in engin bay so mmm i cant say wat it is i changed o2 sensor today but car still runing shit can only do 80 in 2nd and fuken that like at 5g it wont wana redline i think the exust has a leek cus it sounds gay 2morow performance exuast will have a look at it n see then i got dyno tune at rajab again at around 2:30 so well see how much it pulls this time oooh the o2 sensor cost 90  bux from nissan essondon :)  8)

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2003, 07:34AM »
mind you mitza, not that ive done 120 in 2nd gear, but in my oldies old car.. a volvo! i done 115 in second gear :)

thats before everything weent downhill and the engine started to show a bit of age  ;D cant really complain it had like 310,000ks on it and the odometer didnt work for 4 yrs!

maybe the guy that sammy got it off blocked out the fuel cut in the ecu.. if thats possible?

-Cam
"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2003, 12:01PM »
Yeh, u can do that with older cars cos they don't have EFI... no reve limiter in those things...

The only way u're gonna be able to do 120 in second in a pintara is to either have an aftermarket ECU and rev ur poor engine out to 7 or 8 grand, have a custom gearbox, or could it be the speedo is farked?!?!?  :P
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2003, 02:53PM »
I can only just do 100 in 2nd, and that's on the limiter. Oh, mitza, i've got roughly 80kws at the wheels from the extractors, zorst and slightly modded intake.
I will cry if i'm not pulling 100kw at the wheels after this head/cam goes on  :'(

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2003, 04:11PM »
I agree with aussie gli - and im also just below 100km bouncing off the rev limiter in second.

Sorry, youre speedo must be out by around 20km/hr!

ahahaha, id get that checked. Or you have had some crazy work done on it. Got a dybo sheet for it?

You do know second is down thr bottom left in the gear cycle? Not in the middle top....that would be third :P

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2003, 04:25PM »
Yeah I agree with everything mentioned. I revved the poor TRX up to 6000 and it was screaming like my next door neighbour in a domestic but it just got 100km/h. If you can do 120 there's something going on with ur car like different gear ratios or something. What does ur tacho say when you're doing 120 in second??

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2003, 05:47PM »
Im not mechanic, but if you changed your gear ratios to reach 80 in first and 120 in second.............wouldnt it make your car really slow off the mark as it revs outs?

A shorter gear ratio is better for acceleration isnt it?

SaMmYJ

ahhh
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2003, 12:25AM »
y u guys dogs for and dont belive me ayyy i gona prove it 2 u one day and let u all gimi head :) anyway i put cold air intake today and i got some pics of my car after ful respray now how the fuk u post em cus i show u wat i got :!

[attachment deleted by admin]

SaMmYJ

« Reply #20 on: Feb 16, 2003, 12:27AM »
more pics

SaMmYJ

more !
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2003, 12:28AM »
here u go girls

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2003, 01:24AM »
You havent told us your mods yet :P

I see a CAI, Extractors......

zorst? chip? Gearbox? Turbo we dont see :P

Offline RichTRX

• post whore
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2003, 01:50PM »
Sammyj are those wheels from a Series I Bluebird LX by any chance?? And btw mate we're asking *how* you can do 120km/h in second, not saying that you can't, coz none of us can!!!

Mitza having taller ratios definitely makes you're car accellerate slower, and in a car like ours where it's not really built to go over 200km/h I can't see why you'd opt for taller ratios.  :-\

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #24 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:06AM »
Mitza - Have look on page 1 near bottom, he sortof gives us a rundown but by sound of it i`m assuming previous owner did the work on the car.

Easiest way to tell if gears have been changed is to ask him what revs he is doing at say 70 km/h in 4th and also what rpm at 40 km/h in 1st.  Put these figures up against a standard model and you`ll find out if gears have been changed.

So Sammy if you could give us these figures and they are different to ours we will all know how you get these speeds and we`ll also know that somewhere out there in the modifying fraternity that we can actually get aftermarket gears etc for our cars.

This is the end result we all would like to come up with but if revs are same then obviously your motor must rev more and that would mean you have internal work.  Whichever way it goes you`ll have comfort in knowing which area of your car has been modified to produce these speeds.

After all that`s what we would ALL like to know about our cars - What the previous owners have done so we know not to spend money in that area  8)

Offline ZEXTCY

• antrx.com junkie
  • I dare ya
« Reply #25 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:07AM »
Ohh by the way - car looks good man, i like it

That`s something i`m after - standard outside so i can put my own personal touches on it  :D

SaMmYJ

ahhhhh
« Reply #26 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:51AM »
ahhhh ok i look 2morow and see on way to uni mmmm i duno wats done to car all i knoe is its fuken fast i do 2500 exact revs at 100ks i knoe that mmm i duno wat my cus in syd did to it cus he goes he bought like that too ! heres a few more pics :) and for the rims i getins 17` or 18 watever fits and looks best its got a full respray no stickers badges nothing sooo nice n clean :)

SaMmYJ

Rmore pics
« Reply #27 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:54AM »
:P my cold air intake i installed over weekend look out i disabled the car to do it i ran a 2` pipe under the light from were the spot lights should go, any one knwo were i can find some origital spoties cus i bought it without some .

SaMmYJ

« Reply #28 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:56AM »
cai

SaMmYJ

rims
« Reply #29 on: Feb 17, 2003, 12:58AM »
i duno wat rims they are all i knoe they are shit and make the car scrape everever i got 65 profile tyers so i can get in my drive way its got perders suspention done to it :)