Author Topic: Ticking Noise too!  (Read 1463 times)

Offline mitza

• antrx.com junkie
Ticking Noise too!
« on: Jan 31, 2003, 04:25PM »
I also have a ticking noise, but it differ's to noss' a bit. (I didnt want to steal your thread)

Im thinking its the lifters? You know where you start your car, and you hear them go tap tap tap tap for like 5 or so seconds? Well, that happens to me, only louder etc. After taking my baby for a nice hit around some winding roads.

Im no car expert, but its like the oil isnt getting a chance to reach the top of the motor when I drive it hard and ONLY when I drive it hard around bends etc. It wil still go tap tap tap until I drive it on a straight for a while and allow the oil im guessing to reach the top?

Should I be using thinner oil? Is there something wrong with my sump? Am I on the right track? Any help would be appreciated guys
Thanx
Mitza

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
Re:Ticking Noise too!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3, 2003, 10:50AM »
Try an engine flush and oil change...
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re:Ticking Noise too!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 3, 2003, 10:38PM »
Like i said with noss's problem, 95% of the time it'll be a low oil level, especially in the KA.