Author Topic: wheels and tyres new & used  (Read 3783 times)

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
wheels and tyres new & used
« on: Dec 18, 2009, 07:27AM »
As some of you know, i am now in the Wheel and Tyre game i have my own business in Dandenong, Mika8 has bought a Wheel and Tyre package off me, we also do alloy wheel repairs, repainting, re rolling, machining all that sort of thing, we have been going now for 8 months, and things are moving along well, but we need more to grow ourselves, so my offer is this for antrx members, wheel and tyre packages= cost plus trade, tyres cost + trade, rims only cost+trade, any 4 tyre or wheel and tyre kit gets a FREE alingment, i also have second hand tyres which are in good nick for those of you on a budget, alloy wheel repairs from $50. Thanks Laurence www.wheeltechwheels.com.au
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2009, 07:36AM by lgee »

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: wheels and tyres new & used
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2009, 08:31AM »
mate, might drop down or give you a buzz, but how much would I be looking to do those 5 spoke 17's on my black car in satin black?

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2009, 09:39AM »
come over so i can explain what you are getting for you money.

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2009, 07:25AM »
Adam depending on the condition of the wheels an average repaint would be $100 per rim, but let me explain that process, the wheels will be cleaned, sanded, undercoated, painted, clear coated, baked in a kiln @75 deg for 25 mins to harden paint, then left in the heat room for a day, we have a tyre machine and balancer so we can strip and refit tyres.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2009, 07:38AM »
Laurence, I'm also interested in getting my 17" Advanti R-Sixes re painted in a darker shade, almost black... so $100 per rim?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2009, 07:59AM »
Laurence, I'm also interested in getting my 17" Advanti R-Sixes re painted in a darker shade, almost black... so $100 per rim?

We have this colour called Carbon black its great looking black it really pops, the shine is awsome.

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:09PM »
does this free wheel allignment cover vehicles with a 4 wheel steering system?? If it does i will make the trek to dandenong when i need new tyres.

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:22PM »
does this free wheel allignment cover vehicles with a 4 wheel steering system?? If it does i will make the trek to dandenong when i need new tyres.
we almost always do a 4 wheel alingment anyway, so we can see what the rear is doing and if it will be an issue with tyre wear, that way we can prevent premature tyre wear.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2009, 11:04PM »
Not a four wheel allignment, he means a car which uses the four wheel steering system, meaning the rears also turn as the fronts do.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2009, 11:48PM »
Kranzy got it, im no longer a bluebird driver, hence the 4WS system.

Offline lgee

• post whore
  • Attesa Racer
    • WheelTech Racing
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:42AM »
And we work on more than just bluebirds at work as well., you need to do a 4 wheel alignment on 4ws steer cars so that the thrust angle of the rear is inline with the front, you also need to make sure that when the front is centralised, the rear is the same otherwise the car will crab , you need to make sure the rear to does not turn further one way than the other, and to do that you need to do a 4 wheel alingment so my origional answer is still correct. YES

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2009, 02:14PM »
Adam depending on the condition of the wheels an average repaint would be $100 per rim, but let me explain that process, the wheels will be cleaned, sanded, undercoated, painted, clear coated, baked in a kiln @75 deg for 25 mins to harden paint, then left in the heat room for a day, we have a tyre machine and balancer so we can strip and refit tyres.

Thanks mate. Will have to pass though, don't have $400 to drop on painting wheels.