Author Topic: new member  (Read 2490 times)

Offline mc

• antrx.com junior member
« on: Jan 3, 2016, 12:30AM »
hello to ALL...Happy New Year!...i picked up a very clean 1991 XE/auto/gray with 160k miles for my daughter[first car].....i had a a brand new one back in 1991[GXE/5 speed/black] which lasted till 2009 when it was totaled  while parked on the street......i'll post some pixs soon and need some advice on minor repairs, i'll try and ask in the correct sections...Mike

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: Jan 5, 2016, 04:31PM »
hey welcome aboard mike.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline mc

« Reply #2 on: Jan 6, 2016, 03:18AM »
thanks for the welcome NOSS.....i have been reading a lot of your posts...amazing stuff.....i have two other cars i converted to turbo [1988 Nisan 200sxSE 3.0/5 speed and a 1991 Toyota Camry 2.0/auto]....i'm leaning toward turboing this Stanza if  i can find a exh manifold.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #3 on: Jan 6, 2016, 10:13AM »
turbo for your daughter? haha. nice one. also i realise now that you've been a member for a while, i'd just not seen you around before.

hopefully i don't come across as too much of a wanker in my old posts :P i was a kid, i've grown up a little since then. the turbo pintara was awesome when i did it, but i blew two (2nd hand) turbos in a matter of months and the car was off the road more than it was on the road.

also.. turbo manifold for you $160 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRAIRIE-STANZA-CORSAIR-TERRANO-240SX-KA24E-SOHC-12V-2-4L-T3-T3-T4-TURBO-MANIFOLD-/300652813295

edit: full kit option - http://www.ebay.com/itm/T04E-T3-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit-Turbo-Manifold-Single-Cam-KA24-fits-240SX-S13-KA24E-2-4L-/200713816541

i would like a build thread! :D the price of that manifold, i'm tempted to buy a pintara again just for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: Jan 6, 2016, 10:15AM by noss »

Offline mc

« Reply #4 on: Jan 6, 2016, 01:19PM »
NOSS.....i joined here back in 2008 after hearing about this site from TEAM NSE...i wasnt around to much because the 1991 GXE was totaled shortly after joining....always wanted to turbo it back than but didnt have the time/money....anyway, many years later i was trying to find another clean  Camry for my daughter and came across a Stanza XE.....they are pretty rare to come across these days around NY, you never see them any more...not as clean as this one.
...my initial plans are to replace the timing chain set up, as it has little rattle on start up....drop and reseal the leaky oil pan[i think it has pin holes from rust where the exhaust curves through] ....poly bushings for the front/rear bars.
...that EBAY turbo manifold wasnt around in 2008,LOL,  does that mount the turbo on the driver or passenger side??   anyone here use it?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #5 on: Jan 8, 2016, 02:27PM »
haven't used it, i only just found it the other day when i posted. the manifolds seem to be pretty common now which is surprising, if someone would have had a decent manifold available 10yrs ago they would have killed it and be rolling in cash right now. honestly for $150 i couldn't even make a manifold that cheaply.

i'm not sure if the head flange is symmetrical or not, i have a manifold and a head at home i could probably check. if it were symmetrical you could mount the turbo either left or right.

u12's aren't that common in australia anymore either. i had a look recently and there were less than 20 available for sale across australia.

your daughter will have a good car on her hands with the u12 though. you'll have to keep us updated.

Offline mc

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:26AM »

Offline mc

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:34AM »

Offline mc

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:35AM »

Offline mc

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2016, 05:16AM »
i was studying this pix to see if that Ebay turbo manifold would fit with the turbo toward the passenger/top side...i guess rerouting the upper radiator hose is a definite...Noss,  do you think the alternator would be in the way??   Mike

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2016, 05:18AM by mc »

Offline pedro666

• post whore
  • VET NEO VVL is how I roll...
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2016, 07:06AM »
welcome back, I second doing a build thread on this when you get it started , it will be great. have you got a turbo in mind?
the words "race car" spelled backward still spell "race car"? 

skype_shannan801

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2016, 08:45AM »
just looking, if the turbo mounts to your passenger side i'd say it's probably too close to the alternator with that manifold.. but the ebay listing specifically says it's for the stanza.. so maybe need to ask the seller what side it mounts.

also that stanza is exceptionally clean. such a nice car!

Offline mc

« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2016, 12:41AM »
welcome back, I second doing a build thread on this when you get it started , it will be great. have you got a turbo in mind?
Thanks pedro666....I have a spare T3 from a 84-87 300zx