Author Topic: My VIP plans  (Read 8266 times)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
My VIP plans
« on: Feb 9, 2006, 05:03PM »
Vlad suggested I started a thread on the plans to modify my car with a VIP theme. So I thought I'd express my plans. If mods think its a load of BS...jus delete it.

Well after looking on this site I noticed no-one had pimped their ride VIP style. Maybe for good reason, but I think if done properly, it would be great. The u12 has bucketloads of potential i believe. This will be a project that is planned long term. Due to limited funds I decided I'd have to be realistic and allow 4-5 years until it is at the stage that I wish it to get to. As a few people may know i've just spent a sh*tlod on my engine cos my timing gear went so plans are to get started maybe mid-late this year. So I'll cut the crap and get onto my plans.

First up, here is my car in current trim:

First in the line up will be some bling wheels...in 17"

When getting wheels fitted I will also get the guards rolled rather flared and also drop it a few inches so it sits nice and low (kings superlows). Hoping to have this done by august? maybe.
Next will be a trx kit maybe. Depends on funds but custom kit may happen.
Next will be a twin exit exhaust. Will create a fair amount of custom work but it will be worth it  ;D
After the exhaust I may put in a stage 2 antrx.com chip.
A full respray in 2pac black will be next. Also between these major mods will be window tint, custom billet grille maybe, clear indicators,custom eyelids, Ti chrome handles, high flow panel filter, and I'm sure stu and I will think of some more!  :P After all that who knows.....turbo maybe...then autosalon final battle with stu  ::)

Any feedback will be appreciated. Positive or negative but please appreciate that I am doing something different that may change antrx'ers views on the potential of the u12 in different ways of modifying.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: My VIP plans
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9, 2006, 05:15PM »
hehe, this is going to be interesting :)..

After the exhaust I may put in a stage 2 antrx.com chip.

stage 3 cuz :), and also, work out what turbo path your taking, im currently tossing between, SR20DET or turboing the KA after an engine rebuild.. something pushes me for KA but i don't know, my engine is fuckshit old and the sr20 is new n stuff...

So just a thought before you get engine mods going to sort out if your turboing, like don't get extractors then u want to turbo :).

but - GL eheh
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
« Reply #2 on: Feb 9, 2006, 09:43PM »
mmm , i see no NEONS??

what happened to that idea?

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Feb 9, 2006, 09:48PM »
Um neons yes. They will wait until I have got all the big bits first maybe. Not sure yet!

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #4 on: Feb 9, 2006, 10:35PM »
haha, i love a good challenge, bring it on!  :)  even tho we're helping each others, in the end, we're still goin to be in competition.

i love the VIP scene, and as was sed in another thread, u12 is a good base for VIPotential.  i mean, its 4 door and its a sedan, it won't be as big as a lot of other VIP (ie celsior's, cima, cedric, 929, legend etc etc) but i think thats cool.  its like a medium sized vip.

we gotta work out wat else we can do!  :)  fyi, i've got a good idea for the billet grille as well
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #5 on: Feb 9, 2006, 11:02PM »
Next will be a twin exit exhaust.

Do you mean twin pipe on the back? Like one on either side? Sort of like i see on the Xcels, Corollas and Protons (...Neutrons, Electrons..hehe Cat Empire song).

I personally wouldnt go for that, might kinda look corny, and all you'll get is NOISE!!! Maybe a twin tip would look nice, chrome one.

Other then that the ideas sound good, good luck with it all.. Get the weels in 18 tho, look much better, and wont need to go as low for the low look

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:01AM »
 ;D Awesome stuff! Theres one thing I really love about this idea, the originality! Sure you could buy a Cima or a Cedric or gosh knows what that may be easier to source all the different bodykits and engine bits and pieces and so forth, but this takes a bit more guts on your part and its great! :)

btw awesome choice of rims there! dont happen to have a better quality image of it and your car so pud or someone else on the forums can chop and change it ?

Offline evenflow_trx

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty
    • Antrx
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:45AM »
Are you willling to spend alot on a custom kit? Because it will be rather expensive.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2006, 07:16AM »
the closest anyone came to a VIP pintara was budgies old 'sair, so it might be worth asking him a few questions...
from memory, he had chromes, lowered, Ti door handles, tint and I THINK an exhaust...

...wish you the best of luck, and i dare say this will be very interesting
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2006, 07:46AM »
I believe budge's only had the stocky exhaust (at least most of its life) but the bling was everywhere else you didnt notice the tiny pipe out the back.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:07AM »
forget 17's...get 18's.

you'll be wanting the guards flared for the vip look.

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:17AM »
agreed flare your guards so you can put some fat rubber on those rims.  or widebody :)

also... we need get as much dish as possible so i reckon you could convert the studs from a silvia or 180, so you can have a different offset which will allow dish rims.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:21PM »
Fuck 'eh... i've been waiting for someone to do this properly!

- Go for 18's... which as adam said will mean flared guards.  VIP means LOW pretty much always, so dump it on super-lows.  Try to get rims that aren't stupidly heavy and have some sort of warrenty on the chrome.
- Get the windows done at LEAST 20%... 12-15% is better (12% visible light tranmission is kickass).
- Get some chrome handles off a Ti superhatch or sedan.  I might be able to hook you up with some from NZ also (from the ZX-E models over there...)
- Side indicators black
- Edges around bumpers black, rubbing strip black
- NO stickers on any windows (bar an antrx.com on the back)
- Chrome tipped exhaust, but NOT a cannon
- Clear front indicators, or tint your stock ones with 'night-shades'

Thats about it... then you'd jump onto things like bodykits and more.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2006, 12:39PM »
yeh vip is awesome, the problem is it can look great or it can look like ass.. make sure yours doesnt end up looking like ass :P

you will get away without a kit on a u12 if you dump it low enough (i.e. look at mine) and still achieve the vip style.

if i were you, i'd get your car riding really low first up, then worry about the wheels.. try finding a set of wheels that fit with minimal mods.

with the billet grille.. just simple horizontal or vertical slats would be ideal.. check out the 91-92 ford fairlanes and ltd's they have perfect VIP style grilles (vertical chrome slats)

as budge said get 12% tint.. its the shit.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #14 on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:30PM »
How can you tell (well, besides the obvious "I CANT SEE SHIT AT NIGHT")  how much tint you have?

My pinny has damn dark tint, which i cant see out at night!

But VIP mods, you gotta remember chrome tha engine too! Its all about the shiny bits!

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #15 on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:50PM »
I didn't say this at first... but a VIP car should have power everything :P

So you'll have to swap power windows/mirrors in cruiser :P hehe

Also, noss mentioned above to lower the car first then get rims.  Listen to that as it will save you alot of hassles later.

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #16 on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:51PM »
Also, noss mentioned above to lower the car first then get rims.  Listen to that as it will save you alot of hassles later.

just out of curiosity, why is that?? i thought it would be better to do it the other way around...
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #17 on: Feb 10, 2006, 01:56PM »
Any good wheel/tyre shop worth its salt, will test fit rims/tyres to your car to make sure its all sweet.

Nothing worse than buying it all, then finding it scrapes like a bastard all the time! :P

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #18 on: Feb 10, 2006, 02:55PM »
I didn't say this at first... but a VIP car should have power everything :P

So you'll have to swap power windows/mirrors in cruiser :P hehe

hell yeah, power up!  speaking of accessorising... wat have you got in mind for the interior?  go crown vip style, get those seat warmers installed!  if its unecessary, its worth it

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #19 on: Feb 10, 2006, 03:59PM »
fuck me this is a big job by the words of it..

i dunno if it'll look good with black everything..punkRX...
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
« Reply #20 on: Feb 10, 2006, 09:10PM »
fuck me this is a big job by the words of it..

i dunno if it'll look good with black everything..punkRX...

lol sure is, and cruizers still at school so money might be a bit of a problem that I think everyone here has faced :(

in terms of ideas, imo, do what you think looks good and what you think would make your car VIP'ish, that way your happy with the finished product :)

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2006, 10:45PM »
hehe, man there r some crazy ideas here! i love it. my input: i rekon u'd hav to go either a full leather or full velour interior! i bet when u initially thought bout this VIP-stlye mod that it'd be this extensive! i definately didn't think so when we were talkin bout it AGES ago.

anywho, good luck man! hope u win tattslotto this saturday!  :P  ;)
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2006, 11:33PM »
Wow, huge response guys! Thanks. Okay let me start:

Not sure where to reply.  ;D First of all cash flow is very limited due to doing yr12 and working 10-15 hrs a week. I aim to get my rims and lowered by schoolies (pick up tha bitches in my pimping pintara  ::)). Next year I will defer for uni and work full time with most of my cash going into the car. I also have to change insurance (my current insurance allows me to get 15" max- ahahaha).
I also plan to keep this car rather clean defect wise. Not fully legal but not getting the pigs snorting after me all the time.
So don't expect anything major soon, I have to pay my debts off and get some money incase of breakdown, then money goes into rims!
just out of curiosity, why is that?? i thought it would be better to do it the other way around...

Agreed...

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2006, 01:02AM »
Interesting ideas, hope you budget for frequent trips to regency to clear defects :)

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:22AM »
hmm sorry ryan but i dont agree, i think for a vip it needs a body kit.... the trx kit isnt really VIP, its sporty...

in terms of lowering your car i'd put coil overs in, get a 2nd hand set from japan if you cant afford new ones and rebuild them...only because you WILL cop defects if your car is on its balls (which is needed for VIP effect) and you dont wanna be changing struts every time u cop a defect.

chroms handles are a must, why does everybody like black so much? yes its a mad colour, when it doesnt have swirls through it which i havent seen yet on a jet black car... if  i was to respray it i'd respray it a dark metallic green, blue or red/maroon colour...

and put 2 angled antennas...

all the rest of the stuff in the thread and these items will cost you in the vacinity of about $20g i reckon.... but it'll look FKN PIMPED out if you do it right!!!

good luck chief.... anybody up for a photo chop challenge?
What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #25 on: Feb 11, 2006, 01:03PM »
hmm sorry ryan but i dont agree, i think for a vip it needs a body kit.... the trx kit isnt really VIP, its sporty...

only reason i said that is because i know the young fella has limited funds, if his car is low enough he will achieve a vip look without a kit while he is saving up for some custom kit work.. i also agree that the trx kit will in no way pass for vip style.

Offline chucky

• CRUISE MONKEY
  • post whore
  • WHERES MY STICKER?
« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2006, 03:19PM »
*nods* indeed... thats another reason you should get coil overs... you can dump it on its guts, then raise it a bit as needed when you put your rims/kit on....

What do ralliart do??? make stickers???

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #27 on: Feb 11, 2006, 07:25PM »

Not sure where to reply.  ;D First of all cash flow is very limited due to doing yr12 and working 10-15 hrs a week. I aim to get my rims and lowered by schoolies (pick up tha bitches in my pimping pintara  ::)).

mm, cruiser, maybe get some contact lens' before schoolies, LOL. Joking mate ;)

anyway, respray ideas. Well, i saw this insane Black WRX today and she had BLACK METALLIC paint with a gold sparkle goign through it. OMG when to sun shone on certain angles it was yes, yes fooly sik!!!

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #28 on: Feb 11, 2006, 09:31PM »
Ah thanx pud  ::)

Won't coilovers cost a fortune??? I didnt think that coilovers for a pintara would be that easy to find. I also don't see the point personally of spending the same amount on coilovers that i did for the car   :-\
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2006, 11:38PM by cruizer »

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2006, 08:21AM »
there are coilovers that will fit the front, not sure on the rear. you can also modifiy your standard suspension to get height adjustablility if need be.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2006, 08:42AM »
I also don't see the point personally of spending the same amount on coilovers that i did for the car

I think you might as well forget that call as your going to spend more than double your car's original value making it pimp !  :-*

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:41AM »
i love velour.  just like zaph bran[i seem to suffer from tourettes]n from futurama.  its so sensual against my skin

:)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2006, 10:18AM »
siltara's on crack again... ;D

I got velour on my roof in the car i think

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2006, 08:32PM »
???  how did "brann-i-g-a-n" get censoried?

oh wait..

i see it now

sorry

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2006, 08:38PM »
ahhaa... damn n.i.g.a's

Offline mOo-tai_hOtdOg...

• antrx.com junior member
  • high hopes for my trx
« Reply #35 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:11PM »
Retracted.
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2006, 11:17PM by mOo-tai_hOtdOg... »

• high hopes for my trx
« Reply #36 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:14PM »
ill try to find a piccy..

• high hopes for my trx
« Reply #37 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:27PM »
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/mOo-tai_hOdOg/trx/gallery22_large.jpg
     these are sort of the same as mine but mine are crome and on a sexier car(tr.x)

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #38 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:33PM »
fuck those rims are ugly... they look like tin foil...

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:57PM »
I don't like them either but I'm not going to insult what someone else does like.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2006, 10:05PM »
Mate feel free to start a thread on your own car. Also a useful thread to read is this one: http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=7737.0 .

Good to see someone interested in vip style too. You will notice that if you type in legible sentences you will gan a fair amount more respect, and will also contribute to the thread positively. Just a friendly push in the right direction  ;)

I don't like them either but I'm not going to insult what someone else does like.

Good attitude Jono ;D.  Jecks you bad boy *pulls out whip*
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2006, 10:08PM by cruizer »

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2006, 10:31PM »
Jecks you bad boy *pulls out whip*

Whip it good  ;)
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

• high hopes for my trx
« Reply #42 on: Feb 12, 2006, 11:09PM »
Thanks for the hint man, and as i said jecks mine are in the chrome and do not look like tin foil.
i will also stop talking about my own car on someone elses thred sorry cruizer but good luck to you :)
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2006, 11:18PM by mOo-tai_hOtdOg... »

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #43 on: Feb 12, 2006, 11:17PM »
thanks for the hint man, and as i said jecks mine are in the chrome and do not look like tin foil.
i will also stop talking about my own car on someone elses thred sorry cruizer but good luck to you :)

Nah man its all good. Get on msn so I can chat to ya!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #44 on: Feb 13, 2006, 06:30AM »
I think you have all of antrx on your msn jaye  :P

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2006, 03:31PM »
Ahaha pretty close to it....nah not really! Maybe 5-6 members?

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2006, 07:24PM »
I think you have all of antrx on your msn jaye  :P

i think ya right there mate ;)

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2006, 08:27PM »
sounds like a plan cruiser! i've always tried to mod my car towards the vip/gangster look but all the cosmetics have come to screeching halt lately as i havent got off my arse and fixed my engine. if you go for a trx/custom kit i reckon leave the boot lid spoilerless (ruins the vip look imo). and yeh as eveyone else said as low as you can go and some dark arse tint.

if your interested my "VIP/gangster look" progress so far (its a corsair ghia):
-all electrics, full velour interior, nice cushy seats (all stock)
-tinted tail lights
-lowered a fair bit (cant go any lower, it scrapes as is)
-rolled guards
-white 17's
-trx rear bar
-pintara front end (the corsair front looks very unVIP)

once i'm back on the road i need to paint and fit my skirts, sort out a front bar of some kind and get some dark tint. then i reckon i'll be looking semi-VIP. i know i got no chrome, but that isnt really my thing.

good luck with your VIPing  :P