Author Topic: Can we get more activity with this  (Read 6280 times)

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Can we get more activity with this
« on: Jul 19, 2006, 07:11PM »
for some reason it seems to me people are lacking to modify their u12s. Yes this has been covered before, but why not ?

Everything on here seems the same, even my car ! we all have the same mods, same looks, etc.. i dunno what it is, but it feels the club is lacking riicceeeee....antrx use to be different, i remember it a few  years ago, people were into rice.. not so much, but  yes it was around, it just seems, no-one cares about aesthetics anymore..but the drawback with our cars is, everything has to be custom :(

Rice sux, but up to an extent, other rice is hot.

Like JDM style rice.

can we get cracking ?!  :-\ :'(

I mean, i've got a jdm yard sticker on my way, ok my car isn't so jdm as it should be, but who cares. i dont know why im even posting this, it'll probably be deleted or someshit. It just seems no-one cares about it :(, next problem is money, yeah ? im 16 and look at the list of mods ive done already, it's not too hard to save up abit, and there is alot of people that talk the talk on here.. and i was the one accused before i even got my car that i was talking shit, yes i remember it. alf of you might even think the car isn't worth it. but meh. be different because in reality, no car is worth it. :(

This is more of a flame than a wake up call. but i hope it helps you all realise :(
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Can we get more activity with this
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2006, 08:27PM »
haha my car's been getting a pretty decent sound system in it over the last couple of months... Soundstream subs and Alpine V12 amps...

But I really don't spend that much money on my car, I've been squirrelling it away and in a week I'll hopefully have something that is even harder to find parts for than a U12  :-X
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2006, 08:30PM »
yeah jono, everyone has good sound systems and installs and shit..

i dunno :(.. it just seems so similiar
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2006, 08:49PM »
next problem is money, yeah ? im 16 and look at the list of mods ive done already, it's not too hard to save up abit

Depends on your priorities, I guess. I could just blow a whole load of cash on my car, which would be great (don't get me wrong!). Thing is though,  I'm saving up to go to the gold coast with a few friends from high school (including 2 REALLY hot girls  :P), so I'm trying to keep expenses to a minimum. Unfortunately, my car is one of the first things I stop spending money on when I'm saving. The way I see it, it's worth it.
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2006, 09:06PM »
saiun, im paying off a cruise for schoolies too mate.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2006, 09:13PM »
I'm saving my money for investment property, to give me a decent return down the track so i can enjoy this hobby to an even larger extent. :)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2006, 09:42PM »
Well this is the style department, so I'll stick to the styling mods of my car :P

vynil hood lining
LED boot light
LED parkers
15" Enkei rims
U13 ATTESA rear seat (comfy ;D)
25mm MDF rear parcel shelf
U13 leather steering wheel
mud flaps so I don't have to wash it so often ;D
fully sik black drifter stylez bonnet yo shizzle fissle beearch!

I have a screen mounted on a bracket above my glove box but that's more a sound system component

I'm saving up to go to the gold coast with a few friends from high school (including 2 REALLY hot girls  :P)...

I reckon the only things the GC has better than Perth is its beaches and scantily-clad chicks... but meh... you never never know if you never never go!
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2006, 09:45PM »
Chris does putting a TRX kit on my superhatch count? After seeing some pics on a jap bluebird site of what it looks like i've been saving up so i can do the kit, lowering and tinting all at the same time and in about 2 weeks i'll be ready to go wrecker shopping for my trx kit ;D

...i enjoy spending money on my car and i KNOW it's not really worth it, but i'm 17 so why not?
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2006, 09:52PM »
Yeah that counts.

BTW the rear kit won't fit on your rear bumper unless you notch a bit out for the number plate like Sheldon did on his Corsair. But yeah... TRX kitted hatches look hot  :)
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline JelloBello

• Attesa Driver
  • west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • Got Pastie?
« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2006, 09:59PM »
Yeh, i knew about the rear bumber... i was just planning on getting it and seeing if i could modify it myself and ifnot send it off to a shop, i've got the problem of a towbar which could complicate things, but i'll see how it goes.
1994 u13 SSS Attesa ftw. Project thread here
13.876 @ 98.83mph

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:30PM »
i just thought of something.....

the guards on the pintara rolled or extruded out, with a nice bonnet with all those like, vents and shit in it.. not the random shit lets cut a hole in the bonnet and put a wrx scoop on it, the proper ones that look like ground effect style.

This was brought up AGES ago, i remember asking people if fibreglass bonnets are illegal, and someone told me as long as the main metal frame is there it's all good.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:43PM »
I've heard they're illegal because they shatter in an accident. ???

I don't really go for phat cars for the sake of being fat... or bonnet scoops for the sake of bonnet scoops, but don't let me stop you doing it.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:45PM »
in about 2 weeks i'll be ready to go wrecker shopping for my trx kit ;D

sorry to burst your bubble, but its kinda hard in WA. you can pick up whole mildly damaged trx's for $400-$800 sometimes.

someone photoshopped a trx kit onto a superhatch before, it was teh sex. If you find a trx reasonably cheap and want to go halves let me know.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #13 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:53PM »
i'm uh... looking at putting fluro's in the interior as my interior light has fucked anyway... and Luxion led's for the interior light too... is that ricey enough?
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2006, 11:59PM by Smiley Of Terror »
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #14 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:54PM »
not really. I have  green led bulb for my roof light and 2 pulse green led tubes in my boot.

I'll list my 'style' mods since I have more of that than performance.
-Clear front indicators
-white door trim
-meshed front grille, looks clean not rice
-power windows installed, just installed a power window closer today. now that is pimpin!
-green underbody neons
-blue led wiper jets that flash with the alarm
-painted the panel behind the rear number plate white (series 1 is black)
-painted my side mirrors and wipers white
-aftermarket steering wheel
-modest racing pedals
-painted the bezel of the dash white, painted the square around the auto shifter white.
-screwed a pair of cup holders into the dash right next to the shifter.
-amp, crossovers and distibution block installed nicely on the back seat with all the wires hidden under the carpet.

coming soon..
twin fibreglass door pods
ti climate control when I can be bothered
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006, 12:03AM by rathies »
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2006, 11:57PM »
for some reason it seems to me people are lacking to modify their u12s. Yes this has been covered before, but why not ?

Everything on here seems the same, even my car ! we all have the same mods, same looks, etc.. i dunno what it is, but it feels the club is lacking riicceeeee.

I agree with Chris and what he has said entirely. Sure rice serves no purpose performance wise (most of the time, depending on the car), but the pride you recieve from hopping in your car knowing that your happy with how it looks, handles, sounds and goes is/would be great!

I really noticed though, that all the pintaras that are out there look the same, and the only ones that stood out was sir-trx's and because he had the balls (and the money) to do what he wanted to his car, he's stood out extremely in the community and has recieved lots of recognition for what he has done.

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #16 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:40AM »
saiun, im paying off a cruise for schoolies too mate.

Alrighty, then. My riposte is: I don't have a job (and thus saving takes me that wee bit longer). Refer to the "no one will give me a job" thread for more info.  ;)
Current mods:

... that's about all.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #17 on: Jul 20, 2006, 08:39AM »
haha ok saiun, u win :P.

but meh !

im going to red-do my doors in the same material as my roof, and do a pod job. but that's next holidays. no time coz of school !

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #18 on: Jul 20, 2006, 10:11AM »
I think most people are scared of rice because they see ugly sheepish rice like this

The whole term rice is over used, ud never call a hotrod rice even tho the modifications that are done to those cars falls under the rice category. I think rice is nice providing its properly executed and not tacky.

The term Rice should only apply to tacky modification!
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline Colzie

• Type X BITCH!
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #19 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:00PM »
okay im 18, i got my first car when i was just 16. it was a pintara ti superhatch. I fitted a trx kit to it (wasnt easy), had 17's and got resprayed 2pac black. i didnt have a good job but i worked damn hard and poured most of my money into the car, i then sold it and bought my next car which was a manual for me to practise driving, i then sold this about 6mths after i got my lisence to buy another car, which i kept for a month and then bought the 180, which now i dont have cause of the no lisence thing but thats another story lol. but i added it up the other day and ive spent $27,000 on just the cars alone, that doesnt include the modifications, repairs etc. the mods would proberbly take it up to about $35,000 and thats over 2.5yrs... this price doesnt include my new acquisition but we wont go there ;)

thats a fucken lot of money to spend on cars with a shit job. But you know what i did? i love my cars and so i went out and got the best job i could to support my "addiction". its good because as some people know im continuing my passion of cars by buying another 180sx and pushing the biggest number out of it possible.

And for those who say "oh i cant save, this kids just a spoilt little shit" your wrong. I have done it all myself. not only the cars but im soon to be buying a house and an internet cafe. it just takes work, time and a fuck load of effort.

well thats my 2 cents, if you feel passionate about something then make something of it!
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2006, 12:02PM by Colzie »
get in my pants!

Offline CS2rex

• antrx.com full member
  • formerly mark_sss
« Reply #20 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:15PM »
by saying they all look the same, so do the majority of WRXs, lancers, civics etc, the advantage they have is there newer looks and rice capabilities, for example, u cant put a veilside kit/wing on a pintara caus the cars not overly curvy to begin with, and/or altessa lights would look pretty lame on a u12(much like they do on silvias). i think trx's lowered, with 17's/18's and a nice exhaust note is betta/tougher/cooler than most riced up newer cars anyway.

it would b great to see another SIR_TRX emerge from this site tho!

Offline Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing

• antrx.com junkie
  • Ma-Jik
    • Ma-Jik
« Reply #21 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:22PM »
Good on you Colzie! I just bought an Attesa about 3 months ago and I have been broke ever since because of spending money on it, I love it to death, Its just impossible for me to not spend money on cars. In the end you could look at it as a waste of money but nothings a waste of money if you enjoy it.

I also agree with you mark_SSS. Trx's look nice just lowered and on rims, although IMO a vertex bodykit from say a s13 Silvia would be nice on it, its got the right shape SOMEBODY DO IT!
Written off HNU13 Atttesa, PM me for part requests.

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #22 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:29PM »
And for those who say "oh i cant save, this kids just a spoilt little shit" your wrong.

I think I already made myself clear in the last post, I'd just like to reiterate that I DON'T HAVE/CAN'T GET A JOB. You at least have a job which you worked hard in to get all the money you spent.

Plus, it just seems slightly odd that you got a car before you had your license, and then sold it STILL before you had your license. Other than working on it, what's the point of having it? Cars are for driving.  :P
Current mods:

... that's about all.

Offline Colzie

• Type X BITCH!
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #23 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:37PM »
its called a hobby...  ::) ive been into cars ever since i can remember... its a passion and a hobby so why not do the things that you enjoy?
get in my pants!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #24 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:47PM »
i think i fall in the same boat as colzie here...

id like to get a new kit for my car, but since it has to be custom and everyone wants to charge friggin 1k just to get a front bar done, i havnt got that cash free atm. but then agian, im still young and i have alot of time ahead of me.

Offline Colzie

• Type X BITCH!
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #25 on: Jul 20, 2006, 12:54PM »
im sure a lot of people fall into the same boat as us chris, and sorry saiun, i think that the whole i CANT get a job and NOBODY will give me a job statement is just pure crap. im sorry if thats a bit harsh but we all have to start somewhere, i mean i worked in a fruit shop everyday after school for a pissy $6.50/hr. i made the most of the job, stuck with it until i finished school then went and found a better job, and i havent looked back/changed anything, except for the spending on cars lol, thats increased a fuck load ahahahaha. Put youself out there, im sure somebody would be more than willing to take you on if you just put youself out there, sell yourself to the employer and you will have enough money for your sexcapade to the gold coast ( :P ) and to do up your car! time and money management is the key ahahahaha
get in my pants!

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #26 on: Jul 20, 2006, 03:32PM »
its called a hobby...  ::) ive been into cars ever since i can remember... its a passion and a hobby so why not do the things that you enjoy?

same, and whilst i could probably finish the U12 easily at this point in time (motor, suspension, fuel system, actually EVERYTHING), investments are calling and is FAR more important, at least it ensures to some degree that i can still keep this hobby and be a little more extravagant 10-15yrs down the road.

Offline CS2rex

• antrx.com full member
  • formerly mark_sss
« Reply #27 on: Jul 20, 2006, 03:49PM »

Plus, it just seems slightly odd that you got a car before you had your license, and then sold it STILL before you had your license. Other than working on it, what's the point of having it? Cars are for driving.  :P

y is that wierd? i had my first car when i was in grade 9 ! learnt to drive out the back(acerage) and then bush bashed it, bush bashed the next 2 cars, then i got a VH commo for $400, about a year b4 i got my license, spent lots of money and hrs building that up and sold it for 5.5g a week after i got my license, im now on my 13th car, and its for sale  8)

Offline imaspy

• Captain Chaos
  • vic local moderator
  • post whore
  • DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUHHHN!!!!
    • A collection of some of my photography
« Reply #28 on: Jul 20, 2006, 03:58PM »
chris i dont understand your original post. its like you're ABOUT to make a point but then you contradict yourself. you pretty much made the whole thing a moot point ::)

jellobello good upon you young son...... what color is your hatch?! if its silver, try to get the gun metal greay skirts, or vice versa.... that looks hot, ive seen it done ;D
You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your floor and blow you to fucking sky!

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #29 on: Jul 20, 2006, 04:13PM »
Depends on your priorities, I guess. I could just blow a whole load of cash on my car, which would be great (don't get me wrong!). Thing is though,  I'm saving up to go to the gold coast with a few friends from high school (including 2 REALLY hot girls  :P), so I'm trying to keep expenses to a minimum. Unfortunately, my car is one of the first things I stop spending money on when I'm saving. The way I see it, it's worth it.

might see you when u come up for schoolies.

In the last 2 months i have spent over $1850 just getting my car running again. Its now got a reco'd gear box and a new execdy clutch so its running fine now. Mods will come after i pay it all off. Also im not a fan of upgrading looks. I love the trx how it is and if they did make a cheap aftermarket front bar i might concider it but i cant justify 500-1500$ on a piece of plastic that only just looks better than what was orginaly there. Im hopeing to wack on a turbo next if the motor lets me.