Author Topic: ford corsair  (Read 9960 times)

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
ford corsair
« on: Mar 18, 2006, 10:07AM »
can the pintara trx front bumper and side skirts be easily fitted to a 1990 ford corsair also does the trx bootlid spoiler fit on the ford corsair.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
Re: ford corsair
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2006, 12:58PM »
I'm pretty sure they can.. and the spoiler yeah it should.. you just need to drill holes in your boot..(unless you use the strong adhesive tape ?)
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline bondy

• antrx.com senior member
  • the bond
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2006, 01:01PM »
sheldon had a tr.x kit fitted onto his corsair

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2006, 02:17PM »
is there pictures of sheldons car

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2006, 02:45PM »
FRONT:

REAR:
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2006, 08:20AM »
how did sheldon get the rear bar to fit with the number plate.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2006, 04:33PM »
He just used the skirt off the TRX bumper and cut a section out for the numberplate, then bolted it on to his Corsair bumper.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline meganL

• antrx.com junior member
  • Canadian Club owner 12yr only!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2006, 10:44PM »

I want to do the same thing too but its so hard trying to find the trx kit... ???

i'll find a way... ;D

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:17PM »
finding a trx bar wasnt too hard. finding one that didnt have broken studs was the prob for me. i had to screw mine in from the outside. sheldon got his put on at a panel beaters and they fibreglassed the studs back on i think. your bumper should have little embosed circles where the holes for the screws are meant to go so its a pretty easy diy. i cut the gap for the number plate with a stanley knife, its pretty soft plastic.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:34PM »
nice black patched bumper..are you going for the cow skin effect? (is pulling the piss).  other than that the car looks pretty mint.
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2006, 08:36PM by rathies »
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Sheldon

• antrx.com junkie
  • The Beasty Beast
« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2006, 01:22AM »
yeah the studs on my kit were all snapped off. i wish my beast still looked like that. ohhh makes me want to cry.
If only the KA24E was KA24ET!!

Offline Xedus101

• antrx.com junkie
  • It's ATTESA time baby!!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2006, 09:23PM »
How much would it cost to get the kit put on and painted?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #12 on: Mar 26, 2006, 11:56PM »
If you wana make your car look even better, I would firstly - Debadge, then remove hub caps (or get mags), change your headlights to Nissan ones and keep your Corsair side flashers - that would be something differant. Then change the front grill two suit the Nissan headlights. That would make your car look even better. Just an idea, cos thats one thing I havnt seen yet.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2006, 11:59PM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline bondy

• the bond
« Reply #13 on: Mar 28, 2006, 01:53PM »
change your headlights to Nissan ones and keep your Corsair side flashers - that would be something differant. Then change the front grill two suit the Nissan headlights. That would make your car look even better. Just an idea, cos thats one thing I havnt seen yet.

i reckon you havent seen it because to do it a panel would have to be fabricated to go underneath the headlights. the corsair front quarter panels extend further to the front than the pintara ones, so you couldn't use the filler panel from the pintara.
also, most corsair park lights are now rusted or broken, and are hard to find/expensive to buy new so it makes sense to go for the full pintara front end.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:51PM »
Yeh I suppose. I have never properly looked at that, so I wouldnt have thought that would be a problem, I would of thought all you needed to do is change the headlights and grill. But it seems not.  Unless you modify the Nissan filler panel (cut it/weld it or just make a new one from fiberglass), it should be possable, but most people wouldnt bother with that kind of thing (I would though). Thanx for pointing that out anyway. But just thinking about it, it would look good. For those of you that don't know my car, I have actualy modified my Pintara Ti with a Corsair rear end, custom body kit and customized rear garnish (removed the amber lense and replaced it with a clear one). So I suppose that makes it a Pinsair, so what would a Corsair front with a Nissan rear end be? probably a Corsara? 
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2006, 10:19PM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #15 on: Mar 28, 2006, 10:36PM »
i reckon you havent seen it because to do it a panel would have to be fabricated to go underneath the headlights. the corsair front quarter panels extend further to the front than the pintara ones, so you couldn't use the filler panel from the pintara.
also, most corsair park lights are now rusted or broken, and are hard to find/expensive to buy new so it makes sense to go for the full pintara front end.

yeh bondy's on the money. i explored every avenue of this and ended up swapping a whole pintara front end over. while corsair parkers would be different hiro, imo i reckon they wouldnt look that good. i reckon the pintara lights, that extend further back in to the panel, make the car look more aggressive.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #16 on: Mar 28, 2006, 11:05PM »
Yeah, agreed. The Corsair lights look too bulbous.

HIRO, where'd you get your clear garnish lens from? Japanese Bluebird?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline bondy

• the bond
« Reply #17 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:50PM »
I have actualy modified my Pintara Ti with a Corsair rear end, custom body kit and customized rear garnish (removed the amber lense and replaced it with a clear one).

yeh, if you don't mind divulging one of your modding secrets, (i realise you like your privacy) where did you get the clear garnish lens?
and have you done the bluebird clear indicator mod for the rear indicators to go with it?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #18 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:24PM »
My tail lights are from a Bluebird, the rear garnish is from the Corsair. What I did with the rear garnish is to remove the amber lense, take my garnish to a plastic factory to get them to cut out a new lense from a choice of some clear lense designs. They wouldnt glue it in for me, I had to do that myself. All they did was cut out a clear peice of plastic that fits in the garnish. You then spray some crome pint inside to give it that crystal look.

Yeah, agreed. The Corsair lights look too bulbous.

HIRO, where'd you get your clear garnish lens from? Japanese Bluebird?

You can't get clear garnish lenses from a Bluebird for a Corsair garnish, cos they are Australian made only. As for the tailights, just by them complete frrom Japan or a wrecking yard. The only thing is though, inside the lenses they have amber flashers, which I would like to change, but it would cost a fortune to get them made up by a plastic factory because of the shape of the lenses which they have to mold. The place is "City Plastics" in SA. Menzal Plastics use to do it, but not any more or at least not at the moment from what they told me. It cost thousands just to make new lights, and they didnt realy want to do them. I had to offer more cash just to get the lense made, it cost $100 just for them to cut the plastic to shape and supply it to me as is.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:48PM »
You realise you can take the face of the lights by heating them up to release the glue, then changing the inner lense of the clear tail lights (amber) with the inner clear lense of the standard lights (clear) and then use orange bulbs.

Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2006, 06:33PM »
You realise you can take the face of the lights by heating them up to release the glue, then changing the inner lense of the clear tail lights (amber) with the inner clear lense of the standard lights (clear) and then use orange bulbs.

Had no idea, but thanx. I will do that.

Offline meganL

« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2006, 11:13PM »
hey hiro do you have any pics of the back car?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2006, 12:50AM »
I do, but once I work out how to put post them up with image shack, I will do that. The ones I have are about a year old, so I will take some more asap and post them up.  I can send the older photo's to your e-mail if you like - which would be faster.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 12:55AM by HIRO »

Offline TRXXX

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2006, 03:49PM »
yeh im keen to see some allround pics of ur car HIRO try get the photos up or even make a thread and post em in that.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #24 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:20AM »
hey hiro do you have any pics of the back car?

Here is a smaller photo, cos I already posted a bigger one in the custom body kits section, so you can get a better look there. This is an old photo, a lot has changed now, but you can get an idea about the rear of the car. Try and imagin twin exhaust pipes on each side (squarish) and the clear lense.

« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 12:25AM by HIRO »

Offline meganL

« Reply #25 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:24AM »
had a look, hey thats a pretty nice back... :)
did you get it custom made or off a different type of car?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #26 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:26AM »
Its from a 180sx. There was some slight modifications with the length.

Offline meganL

« Reply #27 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:35AM »
true..   :)
that'd be nice just trying to decide if i want to get a different rear bar from another car or to just go for the trx.. i'm about to use nite shade on my rear tail lights and thinking which will look better plus i debadged mine and looks heaps better.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #28 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:58AM »
If you tint your tail lights you will have to do the rear garnish aswell, or it would look out of place. If you do the garnish too then it would look ok, but its more likely to be defected. I have seen it where people tint just the amber part realy dark and leave the red part as it is and it looks tuff if done properly. Its one of those things were you need to think long and hard about, perhaps you could do some designs on your computer for an example. It also depends on colour coordination, usualy tinted lights look good, but with some colours it doesnt. Oh, and thanks for the apreciation.  ;)  Good luck with your descision. Always happy to help out.
« Last Edit: Apr 1, 2006, 02:07AM by HIRO »

Offline meganL

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 11:39AM »
finally got around to taking some photos of the back done and this is how it turned out not bad...

now all i need is maybe a wing and the rear bumber of a trx.