Author Topic: Front lip Spoiler for U13 Import  (Read 23734 times)

Offline roger.kappu

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
  • new kid on the block
Front lip Spoiler for U13 Import
« on: Aug 10, 2005, 10:46PM »
Hi All,
I'm new to this Computer Technology so hope I'm doing this right.
I have a 95 Model U13 Bluebird and am looking for a Front Lip Spoiler, have tried various Spoiler Shops but no luck. Most Import U13 comes with but unfortunately mine didn't.
Can anybody help??

Offline chaserone

• antrx.com junior member
  • heh
Re: Front lip Spoiler for U13 Import
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2005, 11:57PM »
Hmm my big question is where are you at?
(no need for your address but which state?)
I reject your reality and subsitute it with my own.....

Offline Leopard-Man

• antrx.com junkie
  • vg20det ftw
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2005, 06:03PM »
It will be hard to find one in Australia i'd say.  Also i cant say i have seen a u13 import with one either. The JDM u13 just has a different front bar, no spoiler. Good luck anyways!
I am a man More sinn'd against than sinning.

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2005, 10:35PM »
Yeah they are hard as to find and I got one!   ;)

I just need the side skirts and rear bits to make the car "balanced".  I have seen the side skirts on some cars before as well.  However, I have yet to see any with the rear bits.
The reason why I need to know location cos I know someone (in Victoria) who may be able to source some out.  (not a guarantee though)

Am looking at the entire body kits from USA as finding bits here arent easy.  Thing is I got to have at least 1k sitting happy in the bank before I can import one.  Not adding costs of getting them painted.  (not too sure if they are hard to fit, if they are there will be fitting costs as well)....

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2005, 10:42PM »
Yeah good luck in finding the front lip. I've been looking for one ever since i got my U13 SSS, 9 months ago. I found an attessa front bar at one of the wreckers down the gold coast, but there was no lip. Dammit!!!

Offline Counterpunch

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2005, 10:07AM »
Just to let you guys know that up in Brisbane I can get a full GTR bodykit, front bar, sideskirts and rear bar for $1000.  Unpainted of course.  This is from JetSpeed.

I personally managed to find a front lip from the wreckers and it does make the biggest difference.  I bought it as soon as I saw it as everybody knows how hard they are to source.  I was going to look into getting replicas made up out of fibreglass.  How many of you guys would be interested?

As for Chaserone, I have a spare set of sideskirts off a U13 Attesa for sale if you are after a set.  They are made out of plastic and are black.
RNU12 Bluebird SSS Attesa
HNU13 Bluebird SSS Attesa Ltd

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2005, 10:40AM »
Check PM

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2005, 12:23PM »
Just to let you guys know that up in Brisbane I can get a full GTR bodykit, front bar, sideskirts and rear bar for $1000.  Unpainted of course.  This is from JetSpeed.

I personally managed to find a front lip from the wreckers and it does make the biggest difference.  I bought it as soon as I saw it as everybody knows how hard they are to source.  I was going to look into getting replicas made up out of fibreglass.  How many of you guys would be interested?

As for Chaserone, I have a spare set of sideskirts off a U13 Attesa for sale if you are after a set.  They are made out of plastic and are black.

Definately keen on the lip if you get some replicas made up.

Offline NIZ013

• post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2005, 05:04PM »
I was going to look into getting replicas made up out of fibreglass.  How many of you guys would be interested?

Hell yeah, that would be great!!! I'll get one for sure!!

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2005, 06:41PM »
If anybody else is interested I am currently looking into getting some front lips made up right now.  Pricing should be around $200 at this time as a ball park figure.  These probably won't be made for a couple of months yet.  I'm still yet to get a definite price based on delivery of original skirting to supplier.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2005, 01:26PM by Counterpunch »

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2005, 10:03PM »
I think maybe we could ask around who wants the full kit as well. 

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2005, 11:36AM »
To Counterpunch

Any news on the rear skirt?

Cheers.

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2005, 01:29PM »
When you say the full bodykit, do you mean the stock one or aftermarket one?  As for the sideskirts I will get pricing on them when I get a definite on the front spoiler.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2005, 09:13PM »
Im going to NZ in a month, i know a few Nissan wreckers around and will see if anyone has the standard SSS rear side skirts and front lip. If so will bring over and can also get quotes on getting them cloned up.

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #14 on: Aug 16, 2005, 05:47PM »
Counterpunch
I was referring to the stock body kit
The front lip, skirts and back.  I mean I'm pretty sure most would like the whole kit rather than one piece (front lip alone)?  I could be wrong though.  That's why I thought maybe we could ask around.

Aftermarket I think everyone else may be better off going DIY cos tastes in aftermarket bodykits are gonna be different. 

Just my 2 cents

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #15 on: Aug 16, 2005, 06:22PM »
just for those of u who want to get the lip. u might want to change the way u park. because the lip will add probably another inch when you park you need to be careful.  ive been training myself for about 3 months and still havent gotten it right.

these lips will be made of carbon fibre so once u hit something there isnt much give
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline NIZ013

• post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2005, 06:42PM »
just for those of u who want to get the lip. u might want to change the way u park. because the lip will add probably another inch when you park you need to be careful.  ive been training myself for about 3 months and still havent gotten it right.

these lips will be made of carbon fibre so once u hit something there isnt much give

I always reverse into carparks where there is a cement stop or gutter or whatever, so it's all good. The worst part will be trying to angle out of the driveway, but i've got that all sorted too - drive over the parent's grass, much to their dismay. Hehehe.  ;D

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #17 on: Aug 16, 2005, 10:37PM »
That's nothing man, the Bluebird is not that low as a car to start with.  Try a lowered 300zx.  Every gutter or bump is a nightmare.   :P

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2005, 02:11AM »
exactly why u should now b careful. u've been accustomed to the height of the bluebird. the extra inch makes a lot of difference.
Project LUP15 <-- Click Here      ||      If you're an enthusiast in QLD or anywhere else, support it --> Lakeside Raceway

Offline chaserone

• heh
« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2005, 12:44PM »
Welp gonna be a fun one eh?  CRACK!  uh oh.....  :P

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #20 on: Aug 18, 2005, 01:42PM »
I have gone to the fibreglass manufacture and I now have a better idea on costs and ETA.  The front lip spoiler will cost $200.  They will be unpainted made out of fibreglass with a whitish colour.  I can get the fibreglass pigmented to a particular colour without too much extra cost, ie. have it grey so when they get scratched it won't look obvious to the rest of the car if your car is grey of course. :) This price is for local buyers only as it does not include freight.

The mould is going to take a week to make and will be based on my current spoiler lip.  Each replica spoiler lip thereafter will take 3 days to make and set properly taking into account of weather conditions.  I will need to get atleast 6 people in on this venture in order to keep the price at where it is.  Before I start this exercise I would prefer to get a deposit of $50 from interested parties to get things started.  Once I have confirmations, I can have the fabricator start production immediately.  Please let me know who is still interested.  Thanks.

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #21 on: Aug 18, 2005, 03:09PM »
have you asked if the prices will be cheaper if we get more people? im guessing we can get lips at a later date separtely or have another batch made up?

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #22 on: Aug 18, 2005, 05:25PM »
They will only be cheaper in that the next batch may not have to factor in the cost of the mould.  I'm initially paying for the mould and slowly reducing the expense as more get made.  I will have to get atleast 10 people before I break even with the cost of the mould.

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #23 on: Aug 22, 2005, 04:03PM »
I take it that people have lost interest in this area after actual costs have been confirmed?

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #24 on: Aug 22, 2005, 04:46PM »
I am still interested but i want to have a 100% guarantee that this lip will fit the KA24 stock front bumper without minor modifications.

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #25 on: Aug 23, 2005, 02:49AM »
jimmy unscrew urs and fit it against an aus spec.. unless u glued it on?

Offline Counterpunch

« Reply #26 on: Aug 23, 2005, 10:41AM »
My front spoiler is already unbolted from the car.  Drop on by one evening and we can try it on your car Ka-bluey.  I doubt there will be any problems with fitting.  The only thing that needs to be sorted out is how everyone wants their spoiler attached onto their bumper.  Glue, rivets, bolts, etc.  Mine is held on by 5 metal brackets riveted onto the inside of the front spolier and then bolted on the bottom of the bumper.  People will have to get these made aswell.  I may be able to get one of the engineering places at work to fabricate a batch for a small price if we all agree on the same method.

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #27 on: Aug 23, 2005, 01:17PM »
Text send Jimmy

Offline LUP15

• formerly DIGITOBI
« Reply #28 on: Aug 23, 2005, 03:03PM »
should b easy to for the ppl with jap spec bars. just bolt into place. might be easy to do with aus spec bar too.. just make a few holes on the bottom

dont like the idea of riveting or glueing in the case if u have to take the lip off (if it breaks or something)

Offline Ka-Bluey

• antrx.com's
  • post whore
  • The MtData Guy
« Reply #29 on: Aug 23, 2005, 03:09PM »
I dont mind drilling holes on the bottom of the bumper (under the car) as no one will see it. I would if i had to hack at the lip or bumper to get it to fit (the bit that you can see).. Make sence?