Author Topic: Tail Light Tint  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Cle

• antrx cruise monkey
  • antrx.com senior member
  • Pinny Panthers
Tail Light Tint
« on: Mar 31, 2004, 10:16PM »
Yes well i did the tail light conversion a while ago & while i love it the fact that one light is slightly diffrent to the other really irks me at times & i would not mind em being a bit darker to not only hide the fact a bit more but take a bite out of there age.. make em look a bit newer. So im looking for tail light spray (black obviously) i know it's not legial but most cops could care less about such minor things besides it's not all that noticable if you don't apply it heavy lol. Any way im woundering where i should try for it. Auto barn etc ? and how much should i expect to pay ?

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
Re: Tail Light Tint
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1, 2004, 01:54PM »
just use normal paint. came up on my mates silvia great. cops couldnt care less.especially cuz ya car looks stocko
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Apr 1, 2004, 03:45PM »
i think the proper stuff is called night shades?
i reckon it'll look good, but itd be a bitch to get off if you didnt like it or got booked for it

Offline fartoomanydaves

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2004, 02:10PM »
called vht night shades as someone already said. 15 dollars from autobarn. then when u get booked its $20.50 to clear a defect, plus more for new tailight lenses. I suggest you dont bother. They are slightly tinted anyway. U can however use that stuff to tint the side indicator lenses and the front indicator lenses. looks absolutely awesome but again, illegal. Ur choice tho.

Browny_r31

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2004, 05:15PM »
i know it's not legial but most cops could care less about such minor things besides it's not all that noticable if you don't apply it heavy lol.

u still will get defect for it i gaurentee. if u get pulled over your gone. They check everything now days. Persoanlly id say dont bother because the hassle and cost u get for defection doesnt measure up to how good it looks.

Offline budda

• antrx.com junior member
  • new kid on the block
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2006, 11:57PM »
i heard that stuff eats ur tail lights looks good but

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2006, 10:51PM »
I've tinted my lights on my Pintara T. I used Nightshade, went halves with a mate and worked out to $10 each I think. It is easily removed with turps or eucalyptus oil. I tinted my front indicators and rear lights.