Author Topic: Amp Power Wiring  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Kingy

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Amp Power Wiring
« on: May 1, 2008, 01:14PM »
Hi guys, first post ;D

Just a quick question re; splitting 4 gauge to 2 x 8 gauge power wires...

Does it matter how far from the battery the power dis block is? I want to make it look as neat as possible, so would like to run 4 gauge to passenger side kick panel, screw the block in there, then run 2 x 8 gauge power wires to both amps in boot.
Just asking, as I read in a previous post that people had the 4 gauge all the way to the boot then 2 x short 8 gauges coming off.

Cheers!

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Amp Power Wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2008, 01:37PM »
The distribution block itself doesn't matter too much in terms of where its placed. The fuse for it must be within 30cm's from the battery.

The reason why most people run 4 gauge to the boot is because its just easier to run one cable to the boot and split it there. Rather than running two cables to the boot.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Kingy

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2008, 02:46PM »
Thanks.

(I've only got 2m of 4 gauge and heaps of 8 gague and would prefer to use what I already have)

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2008, 03:13PM »
(I've only got 2m of 4 gauge and heaps of 8 gague and would prefer to use what I already have)

Thats the way to go then.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"