Author Topic: gym  (Read 18657 times)

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
Re: gym
« Reply #30 on: Jun 21, 2007, 11:56PM »
clearly u havent seen matty hayden the tank? haha. no i just want to work out regularly, trim down to a good weight etc. ive been running in the mornings like i said, ive been doing that since i was about 13 or 14, motivation begins to lack. trying the gym for something new. trying for broader shoulders, a bit of arm muscle, back strength n endurance, abs etc. legs are strong enough as they are, just need to get rid of the off season fat hahaha.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline I'm what Willis was talkin' 'bout

• Irish Correspondent
  • i will wear a bikini for food
  • post whore
« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2007, 12:35AM »
Chris, here's a challenge, work out something for me!

I'm six three, about 100 kgs......I've done weight work since I was about 14 (now 25, almost 26), played very elite level AFL and basketball.......but here's the killer, my injury list......

Left kneecap dislocated 3 times
Left knee re-alignent operation
Left knee reconstruction
Right knee cap dislocated 1 time
Right shoulder double dislocated (fu*k that hurt, took six people to put it back into place)
Right shoulder reconstruction
Right foot broken 2 times
Right foot fractured 3 times
All ten fingers (including thumbs) broken at least once
All ten fingers (including thumbs) dislocated at least twice

Irrelevant, but also broken a jaw in two places, broken my nose 3 times and fractured an eye socket.

So what can you suggest for a 25 year old whose body is an absolute mess?  Did all that before age 22 too!
TeamManSnag

Homer!  What have you done to the car?  I don't think it had broken axles before.

Before!  Before!  You're living in the past, Marge.  Quit living in the past.

What, I never said I didn't like it asshat! :P

At least I don't think I did... but if I did, then I'm the asshat.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 2007, 08:38AM »
LOL jesus ! you've had more serious hits than michael jackson  :D

well look, im not really in the position to say, yeh go hit up the weights, you'll be fine.

but if i were you, i'd write up a routine of what you done for afl training and up the weight lower the repetitions (my mate played afl at a good level too and he got pretty cut up fairly quick, but it was all lean not much mass heh)

just go in there, do a 5minute walk to get blood going, then do some stretches, go do the weights and don't go too heavy, even if you like a tool doing 5kg per arm on chest press, who cares lol, just make sure your technique is spot on before you even go near heavy weight. even though fractures and breaks arn't really an issue in weight training, if you have ligament issues that's abit more serious, although it's good to see your wrists havn't had issues, which is a good thing !!  :D
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline harlot

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #33 on: Jul 10, 2007, 07:51PM »
ok heres a question... you all seem to say you use weights. I, as a girl, dont feel the need to have bulging muscles from my arm and legs (we have a thing called thighs as it is) but could i use weights and not get all manly like... i guess the words are just 'loose weight and tone up'?

Coz i dont see how running/walking could get your arm muscles up to a point that they exist. Id love to throw a punch at my man while we are play fighting and him actually feel it for once. So can weights be used in my situation??

:)
Who's a hot chicken!!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #34 on: Jul 10, 2007, 08:06PM »
yes, lightweight high repetition.

don't go cranking the heavy ones coz u'll get massive rofl
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #35 on: Jul 16, 2007, 11:38PM »
....Id love to throw a punch at my man while we are play fighting and him actually feel it for once. So can weights be used in my situation??....

does ur gym hav boxing classes? if so, do em! the gym i used to go to had em and they were bloody awesome!
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
« Reply #36 on: Jul 18, 2007, 02:05PM »
well i've just recently joined a gym. recent contentment has allowed kilos to pile on. stupid contentment :P

now i'm actually going in for my official measurements and crap on monday nite, chat to the PT and everything. but in the meantime i'm just going to hit the treadmill and the bikes, just to sort of get used to acutally moving. i've become quite lazy as of late.

a few stats, dont laugh at me! grr :P

height: 186cm
weight: 94kg... eek! but i dont look huge cos im so tall, thank goodness :P
goal weight: 75kg

i really just want to be a little toned so i guess i could report back here every couple of days to let you guys know whats crackin, and that might help out some of the girls too, to decide what you want to do.
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline harlot

« Reply #37 on: Jul 18, 2007, 04:00PM »
Your my idol thumbtack  ::)

ive tried to join a gym a couple times... one was a free trial week, that dream ended quick, and the other time was i did a 1 hour aerobic class every friday after school for about 2 months. But yes both turned out to be failed attempts.

Ive also tried the whole taking the dog for a walk, walking around the block with a friend, those stupid blow up aerobic balls and ofcourse that exercise bike machine that now sits in the corner collecting dust. Oh and there was that one time i watched Carmen Electra's fit to strip DVD's but umm yes was a bit hard to actually move when shes on the screen  ;D

I wouldnt say im overweight but i definatly think i have weight to get rid of.

Basically i am the most unmotivated person you will ever meet.

You saying that after being lazy your actually going to push youself to gym it, well i admire that a lot. Doing it for the girlies  ;D

Deffinately post up your progress, id love to see how your going. Hey never know it might make me get off my fat arse and try again  :D

Goodluck Thumbtack  :P
Who's a hot chicken!!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #38 on: Jul 18, 2007, 09:58PM »
should i post pics to motivate u women?

;D  ;D

got my eyebrow pierced today, was doing hyperextensions and all the blood rushed to it, it fkn cained !!!!

im on a new diet now, im on a bulk weight gainer program for lean mass as the goal, but i doubt it.

bdw bec, im 194 and 92kg LOL.. hmm..

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #39 on: Jul 18, 2007, 10:00PM »
im looking at bulking up a bit, although not too much.

Im 188cm and 68kg, so a bit underweight for my height. i want to get to about 75 -80 kgs, no more, i just want to gain a bit more weight for soccer and footy, without afecting speed and agility (my 2 best abilties - 100m 12.10).

I eat relatively well, but recently ive been trying to eat better, salads, steak, and eating more often, also taking a protein supplement.

i have oztag tues, soccer training Wed, Soccer friday and oztag training sunday, i just want to know if anyone has any idea how many times a week i should hit the gym a week? and what type of exercises etc i should do. also can doing basic weights at home help too?

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #40 on: Jul 18, 2007, 11:53PM »

yeah but you dont have boobs and booty to carry around do you? :P
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Milford

• resident clown
  • post whore
« Reply #41 on: Jul 21, 2007, 05:46PM »

big carnt.
im 190 and about 84kg's

the 90 schooners a weekend that i have is starting to make it steadily increase though

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #42 on: Jul 21, 2007, 06:47PM »
the 90 schooners a weekend that i have is starting to make it steadily increase though

lol ben :)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline bondy

• the bond
« Reply #43 on: Jul 25, 2007, 12:01AM »
yeah but you dont have boobs and booty to carry around do you? :P

LMAO +karma

i used to think i was reasonably tall for a girl at 170cm... i've changed my mind lol

Offline harlot

« Reply #44 on: Jul 25, 2007, 12:47AM »

i used to think i was reasonably tall for a girl at 170cm... i've changed my mind lol

I thought the same thing when i read her height... im 170cm too.

:D
Who's a hot chicken!!

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #45 on: Jul 25, 2007, 09:35AM »
I wish i knew my height  :( I really cant be bothered cranking out the 30cm school ruler  ;D
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #46 on: Jul 25, 2007, 01:09PM »
haha yeah bondy.

well i went in for my measurements on monday night, wont tell the details except i have super firm thighs. sweet! could not the calipers to grip hehe. the rest of my skin fold tests though...

so im on a 2 way spilt program, lower body one day, upper the next. i did lower last night, 90 deg leg press (30kg), SB squats (the devil), leg curls (15kg) and then some ab work and a minimum of 30 mins cardio. today i cant walk up and down stairs with out looking like a retard :P hehe. i'll let you guys know how i go with the upper body tongiht.

cheers

bec
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #47 on: Jul 25, 2007, 01:35PM »
Good work Bec!!! Just keep up with the motovation!

I remember the first time i did a body step class at gym. I couldnt walk properly for 3 days! And i had to sit an exam the next day for 3 hours. The workout was a good break from the study though i must say. Cleared my mind a bit, so then i could get back into the study after the class.

I started off going to the gym a year ago, just for a bit of fitness, as i hadn't played any sport since uni when i did dancing, but then gave up the gym after about 5 months, as i didn't have enough time after work or on weekends. I only went for the classes, and didn't bother with weights.

I now play oztag with the boys (Stick and Tommy) in a men's team, and up until recently i was also playing mixed indoor netball.

I'm 174cm!! But standing next to Tack makes me feel like a midget! lol.

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #48 on: Jul 25, 2007, 01:52PM »
hahaha yeah teena i seem to have that effect all the time :P even the lady at the gym went 'holy shit!' when i stood up next to her. hehe.

with netball, i find it hurtd my knees with all the stopping and starting. do you find that?
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #49 on: Jul 25, 2007, 02:09PM »
hahaha yeah teena i seem to have that effect all the time :P even the lady at the gym went 'holy shit!' when i stood up next to her. hehe.

with netball, i find it hurtd my knees with all the stopping and starting. do you find that?

Hahah that's funny!!! I worked wth a chick a few years ago who would've been about 190cm, perhaps even a bit taller. She was told that she couldn't do modelling because she was way too tall and the agency would struggle to find other models as tall as her for the runway.

The worst thing about being tall i find, is trying to find pants that are long enough. Short people whinge that they always have to have their pants taken up, but it's not like we can add extra length to pants! Even if you let the hem down you get a really bad crease mark that will never go away.

Yeah i'm finding the netball really hard on my knees, now that i'm getting old and all, which is why i decided not to play this season.. lol. I was told as a kid not to play it, due to having weak ankles, but i still did anyways, and never really had a problem other than the odd sprain. I'd much rather take up basket ball again, but at this stage oztag's keeping me fit enough and i'm really enjoying it.