Author Topic: New alternator - where to buy?  (Read 2582 times)

Offline h4inf

• antrx.com junior member
New alternator - where to buy?
« on: Jul 5, 2008, 12:58AM »
Hi Guys,

I am having alternator troubles again (I got a replacement from a wrecker) and then had an auto elec check it and it was ok but he said it wouldn't last all that long... well it lasted 3 months..

I like the Pintara and figure maybe it's worth replacing the alternator with a new one - just wondering if there are other cars that use the same model and where the cheapest place may be to get one??

Mine is an 87 Pintara GXE with CA20E engine.

Many thanks :)

Paul.

Offline wombat

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sleep... What's that?
Re: New alternator - where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5, 2008, 01:39AM »
rather than have the auto elec 'check' it have him rebuild it. It'll cost you $150 odd, but it will last.
I'm so far behind at work, I'm almost retro!

Offline h4inf

• antrx.com junior member
Re: New alternator - where to buy?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 5, 2008, 01:44AM »
hm ok.. ill consider  that!!

i have run into a few problems recently so trying to decide if its worth spending more, or should i look at another car heh..

another thing, i think ive overloaded the car (got about 600kg in the back) .. possibly have caused damage beyond repair. not sure yet at this stage.. its still loaded up. i guess i will need to offload all the contents and jack it up and see what i may have busted!! grr

i love the pintara because of the shape - it is real easy to judge the corners and manouver around things :) so other cars that are a similar shape include volvos from about the same time lol.. any suggestions?

if i do keep the pintara.. i will end up doing the suspension i reckon. hmmmm $$$$