Author Topic: KA24 trottle body onto RB30e  (Read 10415 times)

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
KA24 trottle body onto RB30e
« on: Apr 14, 2007, 09:17PM »
Just had a suggestion that i slap a Ka24 throttle body on my R31 skyline from a U12 pintara and hone the top plenum to match. Anyone care to shed some light on the advantages/disadvantages of such a practice?

Sounds interesting, seeing as the XF throttle body that fits pretty well supposedly does jack schit

http://ozvr4.com - check it out :)

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
Re: KA24 trottle body onto RB30e
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2007, 11:43PM »
Just had a suggestion that i slap a Ka24 throttle body on my R31 skyline from a U12 pintara and hone the top plenum to match. Anyone care to shed some light on the advantages/disadvantages of such a practice?

Sounds interesting, seeing as the XF throttle body that fits pretty well supposedly does jack schit

ANYONE???????????????????

BB

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2007, 11:58PM »
Is a KA24 TB larger than a standard RB30 throttle body?

The main reason to change the throttle body on a car is to get more air into the engine, so to be of an advantage the throttle would have to have a larger internal diameter.

Disadvantages: you may lose some precision if the throttle body is considerably larger.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2007, 12:01AM »
Yeap

Ka throttle body is bigger than the ca20 tb. Bolt holes are exactly the same tho. So, you could just enlarge the hole in ur intake plenum and slap on the tb, and increase your max airflow capacity instantly!

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2007, 12:21AM »
Just had a suggestion that i slap a Ka24 throttle body on my R31 skyline from a U12 pintara

he wants to put it on an rb30 not a ca20 eurisko.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline eurisko

• Frankenmotor Builder
  • post whore
  • Oldschool and Newstyle
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2007, 12:35AM »
Woops, my mistake!

Well, i doubt that a 3L engine will have a smaller tb than a 2.4L, but u never know. It takes 5mins to figure out. Take off ur tb and measure it. I believe the tb on a ka is 55mm.

The Nissubishda will live....

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: May 3, 2007, 10:11PM »
Will do. a couple of other blokes have done it to their r31s and swear by it but the whole smaller engine t/b onto larger engine sounds dubious to me, thought id go after second opinions. Will measure rb30 width on the weekend

thanks

BB

Offline xxxx

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #7 on: May 3, 2007, 11:02PM »
yeah i heard somewhere 300zx drivers upgrade thier TB's with ka tb's...i think the ka will be bigger then the rb
Noss you look like a cereal killer ;D

well not our fault that saantrx is gay as

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2007, 10:38AM »
KA throttle body is definately bigger than the RB30... i was shocked also.  Went to get an RB throttle thinking it would upgrade my KA, but its considerably smaller  :o
I didnt even bother checking the bolt spacing afterwards so not sure if it will be strait bolt up/how close it is.
It would be a decent upgrade however.  As mentioned you will loose responsiveness, but will up the power, especially higher in the rev range.

Offline Bigvinnie

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 06:49AM »
Woops, my mistake!

It takes 5mins to figure out. Take off ur tb and measure it. I believe the tb on a ka is 55mm.

A USDM VG30E TB is 56MM interior diameter port matched to manifold. Exterior taper I believe is 60MM
A USDM KA24E/DE TB is 60mm interior diameter port matched to manifold. Exterior taper I believe is 66MM. Maximum porting to the KA24 TB is 65MM maximum porting diameter (this means use of a 65MM butterfly).
PIC of an OBD2 USDM KA24de TB 66mm taper to 60mm butterfly

We never received the RB30e in the states but  I am quick to assume that it uses the same TB as the VG30e engine same bolt configurations for swapping. I would like to note that VG30e engines when using the KA24 TB show gains of HP and torque across the board. I'm researching to see if I can also use the KA TB on my VG33e engine which comes in my 2003 nissan pickup truck. If you want the bolt configuration measurement and layout let me know. I have more pics.
All USDM and JDM (Manufactured in Mexico and Japan) KA TB's are 60MM/butterfly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:54AM by Bigvinnie »

Offline bogan_bob

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 08:14PM »
Nice one buddy!! still havent got to the throttle body on the rb30, will check and report back tomorrow....