Author Topic: long time reader, first time poster  (Read 2726 times)

Offline US_STANZA

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
long time reader, first time poster
« on: May 27, 2010, 05:15AM »
Hello everyone, Ive been on antrx for a little while now doing research because i am waiting to get my stanza. currently, my grandmother is driving a 1991 Nissan stanza Xe (US) with only 40,000 miles (approx. 64,000 km), and it  is all mine as soon as i get her to buy a new car. today i am taking it out for my first test drive, so i figured i would come on here and post some stuff (possibly pictures later). once the car is mine im shooting for something around 250-300 horsepower. is that feasible? or am i a nutcase? feedback would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks!

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: long time reader, first time poster
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:44PM »
250hp is possible (around 180kw).  Since you are in the US I'd say get a  KA24DE from an altima rebuild it with some decent pistons, gaskets etc. and get a turbo manifold.  You'll be up there in no time.  SleepaTi's done this and I'm sure its up there.

But it would probably be a waste not using such a low milage engine that you have with the car, so maybe look to turbo that instead.

Keep reading the stuff here, and check out KA-t.org forums for all your local US stuff.

It is totally possible if you are keen, so let us know how you go with it.

Offline US_STANZA

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 8, 2012, 01:03AM »
It finally happened! The stanza is all mine now! After many crazy issues and arguments my grandma got a 2011 altima, the great grandchild of the u12 lol. That being said, I have a lot to catch up on here. I have a friend who is going to fab me a turbo manifold and what ever else I will need custom for the motor. My main problem now is to source suspension. I know king springs have been the go to guys on this forum but the links are all dead. Are they still in buisness?? And if not what are my options? This is going to be my daily/beater because I'm currently driving a 2007 civic Si. I just want the Nissan to be a fun, quick, nimble sleeper to beat up on my street racer buddys since the civic is more of a track car. Any help is greatly appreciated, and I will get pics up when I can get to a computer as I am posting from my phone for now. Thanks for reading!

Offline Cheezel

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 8, 2012, 10:47AM »
With a bit of fudging you can get u13 coil overs in there. Or custom made coil overs. Aside from that, yes you can get king springs still. Go for the lows if you want the best possible grip - nothing more.