Author Topic: boy racers at red lights(grow the fuck up)  (Read 12217 times)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
Re: boy racers at red lights(grow the fuck up)
« Reply #30 on: Jul 10, 2008, 09:07AM »
flame me all you want... but spend a night working with the people who pull you kids out of the car and you wont drive for weeks....

I don't mean to pick but you generalised by saying about hanging out the windows etc and suddenly you assume he does that? I know by no means I'm no a 100% law abiding citizen but I do generally avoid labelling people I don't know.

Maybe you should start writing sections for A Current Affair because you seem to be doing an incredibly good job of labelling individuals without substantiated evidence.

Offline Byas

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #31 on: Jul 10, 2008, 01:29PM »
..woah not labeling vithy on the whole drunken bogan thing... thats just the locals... i actually hurts me to see the kids going on the the laws are so unfair and police are so harsh... i've heard kids here saying that its unfair that should have to loose there licence for doing 80km/h over the speed limit etc...

vithy, i'm not having a go at you mate... but yes, there are alot of hoons in NSW, and no you really wont get booked till about 5-6km/h over anyway... they just can't legally book you till then... and even then they really hardly bother till its a decent speed over.

i dunno... stuff it... do what you want, but don't go complaining about harsh laws and police officers cause you don't have a license anymore for street racing through the middle of town...
Nissan Pintara Gli
Ford Laser WRC

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #32 on: Jul 10, 2008, 04:29PM »
Thats cool mate it just seemed like it was directed his way. I don't like the idea of speeding around suburbs etc, best save it for industrial parks or the hills. Then the only person you can hurt is yourself...

Offline dafurn

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #33 on: Jul 11, 2008, 12:01PM »
I dunno bout the hills still got to be incredibly careful up there so you dont hit the poor bastard coming the other way. Once i was following a friend in the hills it was wet as so he was taking it easy in his notchback ae86 when this old school rwd bluebird came flying up behind me and then proceeded to attempt drift every corner right up until he went sideways into a prelude. turns out it had an sr20 in it so when cops came they had a field day about dangerous modifications and what not. some people are plain idiots, I believe there is a time and a place for everything and if i go for a burn in the hills i never push so hard that if something un exspected happens i cant avoid or lessen the damage i always have an out. id prefer to hit the wall or trees  rather than plow into someone else and harm them just cos i wanted to go fast in my car.

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #34 on: Jul 11, 2008, 01:48PM »
I dunno bout the hills still got to be incredibly careful up there so you dont hit the poor bastard coming the other way. Once i was following a friend in the hills it was wet as so he was taking it easy in his notchback ae86 when this old school rwd bluebird came flying up behind me and then proceeded to attempt drift every corner right up until he went sideways into a prelude. turns out it had an sr20 in it so when cops came they had a field day about dangerous modifications and what not. some people are plain idiots, I believe there is a time and a place for everything and if i go for a burn in the hills i never push so hard that if something un exspected happens i cant avoid or lessen the damage i always have an out. id prefer to hit the wall or trees  rather than plow into someone else and harm them just cos i wanted to go fast in my car.

Hit the nail on the head there buddy. Thats why I get really narky when people try to overtake in the hills, makes me very angry.

So the summary is.... TIME AND A PLACE!!!!

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #35 on: Jul 11, 2008, 02:55PM »
and vithy.... i dont know anyone... ANYONE who has been pulled over by the cops for an accidental 5-7km/h over the limit...

It happened to me.

any cop can get any driver for doing any speed over the limit. Though at a speed that is less than 10% over the cop can legally put it as "Driving in a manner dangerous", it still has the same penalties but you can't claim that your speedo is out.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Lurch

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #36 on: Jul 11, 2008, 04:06PM »
my missus gets them.......she mouths a big ......WOW you're sooo fast..... at them....like real impressed......then makes the small d**k signal with her thumb and forefinger....generally works a treat.....

Offline dafurn

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #37 on: Jul 11, 2008, 06:02PM »
my missus gets them.......she mouths a big ......WOW you're sooo fast..... at them....like real impressed......then makes the small d**k signal with her thumb and forefinger....generally works a treat.....

HAHAHA thats hell good. talk about getting owned

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #38 on: Jul 12, 2008, 09:46AM »
some what on the general topic.
People that speed along a major road and when they approach the Police station do the speed limit, pass the station and then continue speeding.
Seriously do you think that the cops are watchin and measuring every car's speed ??
Occasionally there is a cop that joins the traffic but majority there isnt a cop car on the road or camera setup.
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #39 on: Jul 16, 2008, 10:41AM »
some what on the general topic.
People that speed along a major road and when they approach the Police station do the speed limit, pass the station and then continue speeding.
Seriously do you think that the cops are watchin and measuring every car's speed ??
Occasionally there is a cop that joins the traffic but majority there isnt a cop car on the road or camera setup.

well then that gets into people doing the speed limit then slowing to 20km/hr below when they see a speed camera!

i think the general population are just idiots.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #40 on: Jul 16, 2008, 07:25PM »
^ Ha, I hate that slow down 20km/h bullshit people do, I got one mate in particular who always says "speed camera" even though my needle is bam on the limit and I know I could probably sit on 5k over on my speedo and still not get flashed.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline spanner

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #41 on: Jul 16, 2008, 07:39PM »
u guys are telling me u dont have runs against cars? i hate it when u drive past a "performance" car and they dont reciprocate. fair enough if its a holden or some shitter, i dont waste my time but if its an interesting race, im all down for being a racer!

Offline slim

• post whore
  • Nissan Bluebird SSS 1996 ®
    • Pictures
« Reply #42 on: Jul 16, 2008, 08:11PM »
u guys are telling me u dont have runs against cars? i hate it when u drive past a "performance" car and they dont reciprocate. fair enough if its a holden or some shitter, i dont waste my time but if its an interesting race, im all down for being a racer!

Performance cars, worked cars, the owner will appreciate all the effort (money) thats been put into the car and less likely to risk it in illegal raod races against people they dont even know. Unless the other person is in a worked car aswell.
Or are on a track, private road, motor event etc...
  • Bosch HID Kit, Clear Side & Front Indicators + Bulbs
  • B&M Shortshifter
  • JVC DVD Touchscreen 5.1 Surround Sound
  • Full Whiteline Kit
  • Tokico Shocks
¤ slim's 1996 SSS Bluebird Project Thread

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #43 on: Jul 16, 2008, 09:42PM »

you my friend, sound like the kind of driver I hate.

nearly every red light I stop at I get some tool in a shitbox revving his engine thinking he's king shit, its the people who actually drive sports cars that don't egg me on

for one reason it costs $1000+ for a set of tyres, If I drive around like i'm on a race track i'm just wasting my money and impressing nobody.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #44 on: Jul 17, 2008, 12:13AM »
I too dont run many cars on the road. There are the few occasions where I will to put someone in their place if they're really bothering me. Other than that I try and keep a low profile. I have spent a lot of time and money on my car and I enjoy driving it too much for it to be either taken off me for "hooning", or loosing my license and not being able to drive it.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline spanner

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #45 on: Jul 17, 2008, 01:32AM »
i like to think im not an arsehole on the road. revving at a traffic like is just plain dumb. i enjoy a nice quiet drive as well, but sometimes i get a rush of blood and enjoy having a thrash. perhaps im just really immature and should grow up :( anyway just the way i feel about it.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #46 on: Jul 17, 2008, 02:24AM »
^ I beleive your human.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline minimikee

• aka TRX13
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #47 on: Jul 18, 2008, 07:53PM »
lol my dad took my car for a spin the other day and couldn't believe how many cars just wanna have a run because its lowered and loud
lol Phantom and I at the wreckers
Me - 'Oi do you have a hammer'
Phantom - 'No, here have an auto-controller' lol

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #48 on: Jul 20, 2008, 10:01PM »
lol my dad took my car for a spin the other day and couldn't believe how many cars just wanna have a run because its lowered and loud

LOL!

..woah not labeling vithy on the whole drunken bogan thing... thats just the locals... i actually hurts me to see the kids going on the the laws are so unfair and police are so harsh... i've heard kids here saying that its unfair that should have to loose there licence for doing 80km/h over the speed limit etc...

vithy, i'm not having a go at you mate... but yes, there are alot of hoons in NSW, and no you really wont get booked till about 5-6km/h over anyway... they just can't legally book you till then... and even then they really hardly bother till its a decent speed over.

i dunno... stuff it... do what you want, but don't go complaining about harsh laws and police officers cause you don't have a license anymore for street racing through the middle of town...

dont worry man i didnt take it as u were having a shot at me....i must have missed something i didnt see anything like that in there.......

ROFL at me being a drunk boggan! lol thats funny coz i drink but i never been drunk in my life nor plan 2 be....just my life plan...i makin the most of this no licence business atm and having a few since when i get it back i plan to be a designated driver since i like driving so much more than drinking.....besides its hard to social drink wid my mates since
a) i drink scotch i dont like beer
b) i dont get drunk like everyone else lol

just incase ppl miss interpreted wat i wrote before
wat i was ssaying was that i think its way harsh if a p plater in NSW gets pinged 4 sum unlucky reason for doin 5 or 3 or 7 over the speed limit and looses their licence.....

i noe/think that u cant get pinged till ur over a certain speed think its 6. I noe they brought down the tollerance recently.

i agree that the race is all over when ya get to about 110km no point after that other than too seee either who will back of first or who has the highest top speed.

I ususally get to about 80ish till id back off coz i usually smoked who ever it is im dragin at about that speed coz i had my first to second change down tight that i usually picked up the other person after that change then never bothered after it....the guys on the first crusie witnes dat not the last one tho i got chopped coz i short shifted lol

i use the wrd had since i havent done any of that since i got no licences lol
"Noss is God"

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #49 on: Jul 21, 2008, 11:33AM »
I like to make broom-broom noises when i sit at traffic lights

I find it quite embarrassing when i put my foot down from a set of lights, mainly because it is all noise and no go. Therefore i do not put my foot down at sets of lights anymore (getting old has a big part to do with it).