Author Topic: those crazy 1968'ers  (Read 2428 times)

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
those crazy 1968'ers
« on: Mar 28, 2008, 10:08PM »
funny how some things are sort of on the money and other things are so far out.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/03/24/what-will-life-be-like-in-the-year-2008/

No need to worry about failing memory or intelligence either. The intelligence pill is another 21st century commodity. Slow learners or people struck with forgetful-ness are given pills which increase the production of enzymes controlling production of the chemicals known to control learning and memory. Everyone is able to use his full mental potential.

i fucking wish  ::)
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
Re: those crazy 1968'ers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2008, 11:33PM »
Interesting read. I've always found that people are too optimistic with predictions for implementation of future technology. As the saying goes "It's 2008... still no flying cars". Most of the things in that article I don't think will be widespread until at least another 200 years. But of course you then have the self-acclaimed techno-experts on TV shows saying we'll have that sorta stuff in 20 years. Go figure.  ::)
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline NANDOZ

• antrx.com full member