Author Topic: jeremy clarkson  (Read 11949 times)

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • rum country correspondant
  • post whore
  • fallaces sunt rerum species
jeremy clarkson
« on: Jan 6, 2008, 02:39PM »
well i dunno how many people will be interested in this but theres a show on tonight on sbs at 7.30 called who do you think you are, and the person tonight is jeremy clarkson. im interested in seeing it as i reckon jeremy is pretty bonza so i thought there might be some other top gear nuts on here that would be into it. so yeah. remember that. tonight. check your local guides. wicked.
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Arguments raged for years as to what to call the timezone
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
In the end they all agreed.
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
Re: jeremy clarkson
« Reply #1 on: Jan 6, 2008, 03:35PM »
Allright, now I have something to watch. I think I have seen just about every episode so far, my favourite would have been the one where they built amphibious car's or maybe it was the one where the turned a mini van into a convertible and took it through a car wash and set fire to it.
     Can't wait to see what the new season brings, top gear comes back to sbs on the 7th january at 7.30pm sydney time. SBS are also producing an australian version of top gear.

On a side note, there is a petition over in pomsgolia that is trying to get Gordon Brown to step down as PM and hand the reigns over to Jeremy Clarkson, so far it has over 30 000 signings, I have signed it aswell even though I live in Australia, Parliment would never be the same with Clarkson as PM.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #2 on: Jan 6, 2008, 09:19PM »
+ Karma for saying "Bonza" ;D

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #3 on: Jan 6, 2008, 09:57PM »
I think i missed it  :'(

Was it any good?
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline minimikee

• aka TRX13
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 6, 2008, 10:13PM »
I thought it was alright ... i can imagine how weird it would be finding out just how different you like could have been, pretty interesting show
lol Phantom and I at the wreckers
Me - 'Oi do you have a hammer'
Phantom - 'No, here have an auto-controller' lol

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #5 on: Jan 6, 2008, 10:17PM »
And on that bombshell, he had two dads?  ::)
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: Jan 6, 2008, 11:16PM »
Jeremy Clarkson i a champ..he is what makes topgear soo funny.

Season 10 of topgear was fucking excellent, by far their best work.

also, the aus version of topgear will be gay....  "wow, look how well that falcon handles!, its a bogans delight"

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #7 on: Jan 7, 2008, 08:17AM »
cant go past the episode of top gear where they made the reliant robin rocket, or the one where they drove across the usa in $1000 cars  ;D

and yeh season 10 was awesome.. but its over now.. june/july is so far away for the new season! :(

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Jan 7, 2008, 08:21AM »
yeah, the robin rocket episode is one of my favs.

oh and do british navaras have the KA? cos that amphobious vehicle in S10 is one...

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so f**king temperamental.

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #9 on: Jan 7, 2008, 09:29AM »
yeah it was good. funny as per usual :P but really interesting too.

i thought the episode where they took over that radio station was pretty funny. no idea what series it was but it was a corker haha
The old USSR had a single time zone. They had a hammer and sickle in the ground near the Kremlin much like a sundial.
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

the thumbtack corporation tm is not responsible for any injuries incurred as a result of thumbtack. any resemblance to any stationery, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #10 on: Jan 7, 2008, 11:33PM »
i think that was season 7 or 8, that was the one on tv last week yeah?

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #11 on: Jan 8, 2008, 10:38AM »
yeah thats the one. with gordon ramsay on the track. ah my 2 favourite british men gordon ramsay and jeremy clarkson. best episode. whee! hahaha
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 8, 2008, 11:24AM »
Anyone watch last nights polar special. I thought it was pretty good, imagine being paid to drive a beefed up hilux and at the same time see a place like that. My favourite bit was where he showed the 'bumper dumper' so you don't have to squat in the snow/ice.

Also SBS is doing a cating call for the australian version, I read in the courier mail that Michael Klim might be a host and that a well known australian comedian is another possible host.

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #13 on: Jan 8, 2008, 11:28AM »
wtf michael klim?
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #14 on: Jan 8, 2008, 11:34AM »
i read the form on the casting call cos i was interested but dont have enough car smarts to match my dry wit and non caring of what comes out of my mouth, and it said something about not being associated with tv or some rubbish. i dunno. but still i agree with chris, wtf???

yeah i saw last nights show. clarkson did a great job smashing into the ice and busting the auxillary fuel tank and shockies haha. and how about that mixture of diesel and av gas so it wouldnt freeze. far out! but yes the bumper dumper was good old fashioned toilet humour haha

here is the linky for those interested. and if anyone wants to donate to the 'tack needs a video camera to enter or something like that fund' then feel free hahaha

http://topgear.sbs.com.au/index.php
« Last Edit: Jan 8, 2008, 11:57AM by thumbtack »
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #15 on: Jan 8, 2008, 12:12PM »
yeh the well known australian comedian is rumoured to be rove because he's apparently australia's version of hammond.

if australian celebrities are going to be cast for the australian top gear, its going to be a great big pile of horse shit.

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #16 on: Jan 8, 2008, 12:27PM »
my god.

so who wants to lead the angry mob to sbs studios hm? heh
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #17 on: Jan 8, 2008, 01:46PM »
i doubt sbs would get rove.. he'd want too much money.. and thats a good thing.. hearing co-workers go on about 'oh did you see rove last nite he was so funny' is more than enough rove for me.

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #18 on: Jan 8, 2008, 02:40PM »
I'm expecting the Aussie Top Gear to have the token attractive female presenter who knows nothing about whatever it is the show is about, just like almost every other topical Australian show.
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #19 on: Jan 8, 2008, 02:51PM »
there you go bec, dye your hair

Offline thumbtack

• thats not gone well
  • post whore
« Reply #20 on: Jan 8, 2008, 03:04PM »
oh wicked! it'll be cheap too, i dont need implants haha
Moscow Time?
Comrade Time?
Hammer Time.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #21 on: Jan 8, 2008, 04:53PM »
What about that thin, too tanned skank from home and away... and then Shaun Micallef as the main host :P
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 8, 2008, 08:39PM »
lol Budgie.

I was gunna apply for it, I read the entry form a couple of weeks ago. It said something about showing your on camera flair, which I don't have, so I kinda bailed. It also said something about having a perfect driving record, which I also don't have. Still, it would be fun to make an entry, I have a pretty good cam too so I might just do it yet, I think I'd review my Dad's mini.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #23 on: Jan 8, 2008, 11:32PM »

To be part of this fantastic opportunity, you are:

* 18 years or older on 1 January, 2008 - though if you’re a Lewis Hamilton whose skills could impress our insurance company, then we might consider you.

* The holder of a current, unblemished drivers licence.

* Available for filming in Australia at dates to be confirmed in 2008.

* Not affiliated (beHolden ... hmm) to any car company or motoring company through sponsorship, commercial arrangements or employment.

* Demonstrably knowledgeable, opinionated and passionate about cars - and able to deliver that knowledge and passion (along with humour, of course) on screen.

* NOT a clone of the magnificent and simply unique Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond or James May. We’re looking for Australia’s own Top Gear faces. Of course you could be a clone of The Stig.

* You may be an amateur motor enthusiast and expert who’s not a television presenter. You may be a motoring journalist with little or no television experience. You may have some television experience BUT we’re NOT looking for classic television presenters without knowledge, experience or expertise.

I wonder who the Aussie Stig will be?

maybe Brockie has been playing tricks on us? DUN DUN DUNNN!!!! (in cahoots with Possum Bourne of course)
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
« Reply #24 on: Jan 9, 2008, 04:21AM »
I wonder who the Aussie Stig will be?

maybe Brockie has been playing tricks on us? DUN DUN DUNNN!!!! (in cahoots with Possum Bourne of course)

My money's on one of the retired V8 drivers. i.e. Dick Johnson, John Bowe, Jim Richards.

Hopefully it won't be like that DriveTV show and use Oran Park as the test track.  >:(
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline Sticky

• Bad Luck Magnet
  • qld local moderator
  • post whore
« Reply #25 on: Jan 9, 2008, 09:25AM »
My money's on one of the retired V8 drivers. i.e. Dick Johnson, John Bowe, Jim Richards.

Hopefully it won't be like that DriveTV show and use Oran Park as the test track.  >:(

i was thinking alan jones...haha...cos he has "fists the size of prawns"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #26 on: Jan 9, 2008, 11:47AM »
Aussie version might be alright, but its really all in the hosts.  Provided they dont go too serious like that other car show on saturdays which is an absolute total rip off of Fifth Gear.

I thought Hamish and/or Andy or their mate Ryan... but I doubt they know anything about cars.

As for top gear episodes... my fave has to be when Jeremy gets that little blue single person car thing and drives it around the office... that thing is so awsome I want one!

On a side note, I read that there was some bank scam in England where people were stealing money from bank accounts... Jeremy being the man he is thought it was all fake hype, so published his bank details in the local newspaper to prove it was all bollocks and had $1000 stolen from his account promptly afterwards  :P
« Last Edit: Jan 9, 2008, 11:52AM by Colby »

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
« Reply #27 on: Jan 9, 2008, 12:11PM »
the one where they drove across the usa in $1000 cars  ;D

i think so far that episode would definately have to be my favourite one!! i've got up to season 9, but haven't had a chance to watch of all them yet.

i have to agree with the majority that aussie top gear will be shit... lol, i can just see russell coight behind the wheel of an EF falcadore full of rust, ripping skids (or at least trying to rip single spinner skids), in the outback.

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 9, 2008, 02:55PM »

Won't be able to use Oran Park as the developers (bastards) are going to rip it up and put houses on the land. My bet is they will use a short track like Wakefield Park or Barbagello in WA.

Also I dont think it would be a retired V8 driver because:

Not affiliated (beHolden ... hmm) to any car company or motoring company through sponsorship, commercial arrangements or employment.

I'm pretty sure that the old driver's will still be affiliated with ford/holden (john bowe promotes Sinclair Ford in Penrith,NSW) or sponsered by armorall,shell etc, etc. But then again where do you get a competant driver who isn't sponsered by a car company or motoring company.
   There is always Glenn Ridge from 'The Car Show'.

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #29 on: Jan 9, 2008, 07:43PM »
Wakefield would be good... I could go watch them film.. But if it's anything like the UK version, they'll probably just have their own test track.

the Stig COULD be a current driver because you aren't supposed to know their identity... therefore meaning it could be Mark Webber and nobody would know.. highly unlikely but within the rules.
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2