Author Topic: Beloved '91 TRX now at wreckers. VIC  (Read 1837 times)

Offline dpshi1

• antrx.com junior member
Beloved '91 TRX now at wreckers. VIC
« on: May 31, 2013, 02:14PM »
Hey all,

So after many years of awesomeness and love my beloved Red, Auto FWD U12 TRX is in the hands of Imlach's in Clayton, VIC. Someone pulled out in front of me and I t-boned them and crumpled in the front section... Bastard. Anyway, just thought I would notify people if they were looking to get their hands on a freshie.

Just a rundown on anything worth noting about the vehicle for those interested in going down there and checking it out;

The engine was a 2nd hand import installed about a year ago with probably 110k km's on it by now. Recently changed the injectors with some second hand one's that were showing no leaks. Engine mounts were also fairly fresh. Although I guess in regards to bigger bits of the engine I would take it with a grain of salt given the collision could have done anything to it. That being said, even though it was a right off, the car still drove (classic beast). Everything stock and running well at the time of collision except a minor oil leak from the dizzy (which seems fairly stock standard for the U12)

Body kit is obviously cooked in the front section, but sides from memory were fine. Back is fine except for a minor dint that is pretty much not noticeable. Spoiler and such still decent and all the paint is still in good condition.

Interior in good nick. Audio system still in except for the amp and sub which I took. All other wiring still there. Cadence 4" and tweeter Splits in the front, 6" pioneers in the back (I think). All integrated within the old brackets. Oldish but decent Head unit with AUX in still there. I had a central locking system installed in the car that was working perfectly, with the drivers door being the master and the other doors being slaves. Just key operated. Dash is all in good nick. Full blue LED backlit including the gauges. The odo didn't work (most likely that shitty plastic cog that has haunted my odo's before) but everything else was working a charm. I believe the foggy switch light wasnt working but all switches were working. All seats were in great condition other than a minor tear in the drivers seat. Door trims good.

All stock TRX rims are still with the car, including the caps that went over the bolts. One of them had a flat and is in the boot, but all are there.

Anyway, can't think of anything else, just thought some people might be interested. If you had any specific questions I will attempt to answer them. Sad times.

Offline dpshi1

Re: Beloved '91 TRX now at wreckers. VIC
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:27PM »
Haha and for those interested on the worth of your 91 TRX, RACV paid me out 3k for it (as it was the other person's fault). Although the assessor was pretty nice, so maybe he was just feeling sorry for me in giving me that sort of price. The car was in pretty mint condition for it's age though.

Offline sticks1977

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Jun 5, 2013, 11:47AM »
I went down to the wreckers yesterday to look for this elusive Pintara - unfortunately it has been scrapped/crushed and any salvageable metal was sold and/or recycled.

Regards, Shaun

Offline dpshi1

« Reply #3 on: Jun 7, 2013, 04:21PM »
Hot damn, that sucks. I thought Imlach's parted... Sorry mate!