Author Topic: Air Con Condenser $$$  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
Air Con Condenser $$$
« on: Jan 7, 2008, 03:40PM »
Watup all, hope ya'll are enjoying the Sunny Qld... RAIN!!! lol.

My condenser has holes in it and was gonna get one from a wreck and chuck it on myself but haven't for two reasons.

Hard to find the time to go to wreckers and the hours to pull off and put back on my car.

So I have been ringing around to see the rough cost to get a shop to do it, I have been quoted from rough quotes of around $400 to chuck on a new aftermarket one and regass and probably have the O rings changed while I'm at it to up to $720...  :o

Just want to know what people think roughly it should cost and does anyone have any recommended places? Repco said around $290 I think if I remember for an aftermarket condenser.

Cheers peoples just need the aircon because havent had the time to fix my electric window which refuses to go down but will fix soon hopefully and when it rains and the car is full of peoples the heat tends to rise.  8) 8)
« Last Edit: Jan 7, 2008, 04:18PM by Habib86 »
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Air Con Condenser $$$
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7, 2008, 06:50PM »
I may have a second hand one that I'll sell you really cheap if you want.

I've got no idea how much a new one would cost though.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 7, 2008, 09:01PM »
Cheers dude for the offer. A new aftermarket one according to Repco is around the $300 mark.

The reason I may go for new though is that it'll last longer than a used one. But if I do need a 2nd hand one I will let you know, thanks heaps for the offer dude, much appreciated. ;)
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2008, 06:45AM »
Did you source a condensor yet? If not, let me know and i may be able to source a new condensor for you, hopefully cheaper than repco's quote.

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008, 11:51AM »
Nah bro not yet ay. :(

Still looking around. How much do you think you could get me one for plus postage?