Author Topic: Exhaust system quote  (Read 1432 times)

Offline 91CA20

• look at my e-penis
  • antrx.com senior member
Exhaust system quote
« on: Mar 17, 2005, 01:17PM »
Well i was just down at "Mr Muffler" having a minor brake issue sorted out when the thought of an 'extractors back' exhaust came to mind. They will make up a 'forged?' or maybe the correct terminology is 'strengthened' aluminium exhaust from the extractors back with a 304 grade stainless steel 6" stip with cannon for $500-00.
I will now have a bit of a search around this site looking for answers to my own question but do you guys think this is a good choice for an exhaust replacement which is already getting small holes in it?

Do you think something like a fat 6" tip with cannon is a bit too much and would be more suited to a turbocharged vehicle and just go with something like a dual tip system, or do you think it's completely a matter of your own personal opinion?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: Exhaust system quote
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2005, 01:35PM »
you missed one important thing, what size is the actual exhaust? the size of the tip means nothing.

$600 for an exhaust from the extraxtors back in stainless steel, which would include flex pipe, cat converter and cat back piping is a pretty good price.

look at it this way.. i have paid the following:

2.5" piping - $130
2.5" cannon with 4" tip - $220
2.5" cat converter - $200 supply & install
2 x 2.5" resonators (1x12" 1 x15") - $80 supply, $50 install

2.5" flex pipe - quoted $300 so its still on my to do list.

so far the exhaust has set me back $680, not including extractors which were $540 installed (rip off i know) and i'm looking at another $200-300 to finish it off.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2005, 01:38PM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline 91CA20

• look at my e-penis
  • antrx.com senior member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2005, 01:41PM »
It's a 2.25" exhaust. I dont know if i'm aiming for major performance mods yet so if and when that happens i will change it.

noss it's not all 304 stainless mate, just the cannon and the tips which were 6" are all 304 stainless. About a foot worth as well as the big round muffler.

The rest is made from hardened aluminium i am told. Yeah he lifted the car up on the hoist and showed me the small holes in my current stock exhaust so it'd be nice to put something on it which sounds good and makes a performance increase however slight and everything you just mentioned will be includeds in the final price including installation. It's $500-00 in case i mistyped it ..

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2005, 07:43PM »
Get the tip you want mate... if you like cannons get a cannon, i don't like them but people do!

Just make sure the tip of the cannon extends out a little and doesn't dump under the rear bumper... which makes back seat passengers sick (Urqs TRX is my example).  His exhaust cannon stops 1" short of clearing the bodykit and its fucking loud in the rear seats, ok in the front.  Drones... His is a 2.25 system, 4" cannon.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist