Author Topic: U12 Pintara - Startup and idle dramas (YouTube inside)  (Read 1866 times)

Offline sticks1977

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
I have recently had my car serviced last week, and the mechanic originally looked into my idle and startup issues and diagnosed that the fuel pressure regulator had to be replaced and there were some dramas with the air sensor as well.

Fast forward to yesterday and in particular last night and the same issues are coming up AGAIN! I understand the Pintara is a damn old car and it has been very reliable for many years so I can understand that things go wrong mechanically over time - just hope it's not the end of the road for my U12...

Below is a YouTube video I have uploaded this morning of the problems I've been getting - any feedback, advice would be appreciated.

I'm due to take my car back to the same mechanic tomorrow morning...

Regards, Shaun

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RaVYdj5UpA[/youtube]

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: U12 Pintara - Startup and idle dramas (YouTube inside)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2013, 09:11AM »
Not able to view the vid at work...but it could be an intermittent electrical connection. I'll have a look at the video later tonight.

You can purchase new connectors / terminals for most of the major electrical connections (ie MAF, IAT sensor, CLT sensor, SCV/FPR/CCP solenoids).