Author Topic: Illumination Wire  (Read 3970 times)

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
Illumination Wire
« on: Aug 5, 2008, 10:01AM »
hey guys,

on the weekend i brought my new pioneer head unit (deh-p6050UB). now this head unit has an illumination wire, whereas my old pioneer didnt. if i dont hook this wire up, what are the consequences?

ive read that all it does is dim the screen when headlights are on, if this is the case, i dont want it to dim  ::)

cheers
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline P-Unit

• antrx.com full member
Re: Illumination Wire
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5, 2008, 10:24AM »
If you dont want the unit to dim when ur lights are on, then dont connect the illumination wire. It wont affect the operation of the unit in any way other than the dimming of the display.

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #2 on: Aug 5, 2008, 10:29AM »
but if you do want to connect it the easiest place is through the cigarette lighter plug..just for future reference. if its one of those pioneer ones that randomly inverts colours its would be ideal to hook it up. personally they annoy me buy it comes down individual choice.  ::)
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #3 on: Aug 5, 2008, 02:40PM »
The random invert of colours can also be turned off in the setup menu too.

And if it was me, I would hook up the illumination wire as there is an option to turn the dimming on or off. So if you hook it up now if you dont like it then turn it off. At least this way its wired up if you do want it.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #4 on: Aug 7, 2008, 07:38PM »
some decks also light up all the buttons when the illumination is detected. i would hook it up and try it.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)