Author Topic: SWAY BAR HNU12  (Read 2665 times)

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
SWAY BAR HNU12
« on: Aug 27, 2011, 01:40PM »
Does anyone knows what other Nissan models use the same front sway bar from the hnu12?
May be a U13, Stanza or Altima?.. ??? ... Need to get this fix asap for the year inspection in my country..

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: SWAY BAR HNU12
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2011, 11:45PM »
Is the bar broken? Or bent? It's specific to the hnu12 and rnu12 awd models.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2011, 10:04AM »
Hey Budgie... actually is bent may be from previous owner who crashed the car... So I dk if take it all out and try to reverse the damage or buy a new one... but I dk if that sway bar is specific for my car only or if it's  any other sway bar I can use?....

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2011, 07:42PM »
You used to be able to buy them from whiteline here in Australia, but I don't think you can anymore. I have one on my car and so does Hugh, not sure if anyone else ever bought one!

I think your best bet may be to remove it and straighten it out if you can. The stock bar does have a FACTORY 'dint' in the middle of it, where it sort of squishes, so if thats the issue then its there from the factory.

Put up a picture of the damage if you can mate.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2011, 09:01PM »
My u12 got a whiteline bar front and rear too that makes 3 ppl lol
"Noss is God"

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2011, 09:42AM »
This Friday I will take it out and post a picture.... Yes I read that those guys of whiteline took that sway bar out of production.. >:( .. No matter if i'm in Costa Rica, if they were available i would it pay for it... 

Offline mendezcr

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #6 on: Sep 3, 2011, 08:55AM »
Found what was making the sway bar hitting against the car chassis.. The suspension sway bar bushings were really bad, plus one of the metal parts that hold those bushings was gone... So put some new urethane bushes, also  found the metal part that holds it to the bar and chassis  8)... but when checking the suspension found other 2 suspension part that are in bade shape  >:( , don't know how to put it in English but they will be fixed soon, the yearly check from the government is already due so I'm running illegal on the street Kaja....Thx for the help Budgie and Vithy... Shame the white line  people took the sway bar out of stock...  ???