Author Topic: From an old fart  (Read 1788 times)

Offline oldn_tired

• antrx.com full member
From an old fart
« on: Apr 1, 2007, 06:53PM »
Hey all newbs do yourselves a favour and read the the posts, I have been stuffing arround cars for a lot of years and i wish i had had this type of info years ago.
Ive pulled apart (and sometimes put back together) Jags, Triumphs, landrovers, Alphas, VWs, Holdens, almost anything I could stuff up ive had a go at, and Ive never found as much knowledge in one place as this site.
The topics and facts that have been gathered and contributed by these people is fantastic.
Its not only the way the info comes freely from everyone but the genuine desire to help and assist with even the stupidest problem.
So Read, contribute, discuss, argue, ask questions and get your answers, even if you feel stupid asking ask anyway because we have all made silly mistake and proven ourselves to be dicks at one time or another.

If only we could make the poor old things run forever.

Regards to all Ray

Offline NIZ013

• No longer a Nissan Driver...
  • post whore
    • UDC
Re: From an old fart
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2007, 02:08PM »
Welcome Ray! Just saw this post and noticed everyone else has been too slack to reply...

This site is full of many helpful threads and the members are generally more than happy to lend a hand or their knowledge when needed!

Enjoy!

Offline Taiwan Corsair

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2007, 01:38PM »
I've often though that too. I've learned so much from reading this site. Its also made me laugh. A lot of young people are too lazy to read these days, but I hope things like this can reverse the trend and get people away from their TV and back doing somthing real again. Working on a car is real.

You have a good point for those young guys who have cars bought for them and ask questions like 'How can I get my car to be faster than a ferrari without doing any work using my parents' money?' Its much much more worthwhile to learn about how the thing works and do some real work with your own hands. You will be happier in the long run.

Offline mazda_pro5_2nr

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:09PM »
Welcome to the site and yes, I agree with you. If only everyone could contribute...