Author Topic: pitara stall randomly  (Read 1804 times)

Offline teresa

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
pitara stall randomly
« on: Mar 27, 2010, 03:28PM »
my old nissan pintara 1990 model stalls randomly. usually at low speed in car parks when you foot has the clutch fully depressed. It didnt really bother me but i gave the car to my son and his mates give him a hard time for stalling all the time. can anyone offer any suggestions.. also some nutter reversed into hime so im after a front bumper any suggestions. no luck at the local wreckers

Offline Webby71

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
Re: pitara stall randomly
« Reply #1 on: Jun 8, 2010, 11:30AM »
G'day,

I'm no expert by any means, but give the crank angle sensor a check-over.  Should come up as code 11 on the ecu.  We've had massive issues with our Ford Corsair with a CA20E engine in it.

Good luck

Cheers,

Leigh

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #2 on: Jun 8, 2010, 05:41PM »
im after a front bumper any suggestions. no luck at the local wreckers

Which area are you located? 

Dont suppose you know if it's a T/TI/TRX?
The stalling, I think could be the idle control valve or maybe the O2 sensor.  Might just be a case of needing a slight advance on the timing to help it along.

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #3 on: Jun 8, 2010, 05:52PM »
Sorry Colby but they're better off working out the issue as to why it's stalling, rather than just a bandaid fix of increasing the timing.

It will generally help out in other areas aswell such as economy or power, or if they advance the timing too far and engine goes bang, in which case it won't stall anymore, only for the wrong reasons.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"