Author Topic: Clutch dont return  (Read 1436 times)

Offline oxDarknessxo

• antrx.com junior member
  • ...Ka24de Baybee...
Clutch dont return
« on: Mar 23, 2010, 08:04PM »
hey lads, me and a couple of mates changed me clutch the other day and now it feels great shifting gears, the only problem now is that when i shift, the clutch pedal pretty much dont come back up and to move it back up i gotta put my foot under the pedal
i had a look at the slave cylinder and when i press it in, the piston takes its sweet ass time to push the fork back(if it does at all)

also i can actually jimmy the piston out, i thought ther was meant to b a spring behind it or am i wrong?
anywayz am i right in assuming i need a new slave? and if that is the case, wher in brizzy can i get one? i wanna drive my baby lol
that for listening ;D

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Clutch dont return
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2010, 09:45PM »
Have you bled your clutch?

I would recommend getting it rebuilt rather than buying a new one. It'll be a bit cheaper.

I'm in brissy and may have one you can use to get rebuilt so you don't have any downtime with your car.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline oxDarknessxo

• antrx.com junior member
  • ...Ka24de Baybee...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2010, 05:04PM »
yea bro i bled it for ages in air just kept on comin out, yea i dont mind rebuilding it if its gonna save some money,lol um yea im in brizzy i live at capalaba if u pm me ur number mate ill give u a buzz as i smashed my fone bcos i got fed up wif it lol cheers ;D

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2010, 04:49PM »
You didn't bleed it properly if air kept coming out.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!