Author Topic: Took Off from intersection, ECM light came on, Revs Dropped to 0  (Read 1680 times)

Offline LoW GLi

• antrx.com junkie
  • Dble Up!! 2.0L 4 Cyl (Pinnie)... 4.0L V8 (180sx)
Hey Guys,

This is the 2nd time i have had this problem, where i have taken off from an intersection, car is warm etc. Put it into 2nd to continue turning around corner, and got to about 2.5K rpm, tacho needle dropped to 0, and ECM light came on... ( i have a 1990 U12, CA20)

After pulling over and trying to start the car again, i get no movement from the tacho needle (normally bounces a lil bit till motor is running) but now i get nothing.. Last time this happened i replaced the Dizzi and got new coils. I put in new coils, but used a 2nd hand dizzi as i couldnt find a new one at the time...

Has anyone else had a similar problem before? Rather annoying on the way to work!! and i dont have anything to plug into computer to see what error codes are...

Thanks

Offline LoW GLi

• antrx.com junkie
Problem solved... Took off dizzi cap and a very perished circuit board (what was left) fell onto the ground, upon dismantling the whole dozzi i found some carnage was done... new dizzi please!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
You can't plug anything into CA20E ECUs to get any info out of them, you need to bridge the diagnostic connector and count the ECM light flashes.

Looks like the dizzy is a write-off! Is there much left of the interruptor plate? (the disc with all the little slots in it)
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline LoW GLi

• antrx.com junkie
Yeah its still intact, but has got bent bits and gouges of metal missing.. that bent metal thing in the top of the pic must have done most of the damage as it was all jammed up behind the interrupter plate...