Author Topic: U12 2.4 Ford Corsair Ghia ECM Light Issue & Not Starting  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Noing

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
My girl's corsair got flooded last night & wouldn't start today, it kicks fine but there's no spark so we took the ecu out & dried it out thinking it must've gotten wet (which it had a little) & when we plugged it back in the ECM light on the dash was going nuts & there was some clicking under the bonnet which was in time with the dash light & the car still wouldn't start...Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: U12 2.4 Ford Corsair Ghia ECM Light Issue & Not Starting
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:30PM »
Trying to start it with a wet ecu may have damaged the ecu.

How deep was the water?

How did you dry the ecu?
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Noing

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2010, 12:16AM »
The water came right up to the centre console, It was really bad. We took the computer out & put it in front of a fan for a while & dried it all out. I figured it would've been stuffed but when we re-installed it, the ecm light was flashing like crazy...so I assume something we did worked because it wasn't doing it before we dried it out.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2010, 11:13PM »
I would leave it apart in a warm place for a few days. Also check all the wiring loom plugs low in the engine bay for water. They do have silicone seals in them but water can leak in past the seals.

If the ecu still flashes the ECM light after it's dried out for a few days I'd look for a new one.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Noing

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:06PM »
No worries, thanks. Had it with an auto elec & he said the computer's had it....looks like I'm up for some cash