Author Topic: injectors grrrrr  (Read 1306 times)

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
injectors grrrrr
« on: Sep 7, 2009, 11:11PM »
ok.  my injectors are really giving me the shits.  Ive replaced the O rings.  ive replaced the injectors with 2 different sets.  finally when I thought the problem was solved after 2 days its leaking from an O ring again.  I used vasoline to put the inectors in.

what Im curious about if there is somehting else that could be causing this.  fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump.  is it possible its getting to much pressure and causing it to flow past the O rings or is my fuel rail fucked.  Im at a loss to try and fix this.  The injectors Ive got are fine. 

so what else could be causing this?  it started leaking again tonight after about 4 days of not leaking.  from one O ring.  it was really bad.  there was a fountain of fuel.  2 of the injectors I had in the car I had tested and they were faulty.  I have 2 other complete sets.  its definatly coming from the O ring.  any suggestions.  its pissing me off. 

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
Re: injectors grrrrr
« Reply #1 on: Sep 7, 2009, 11:13PM »
sorry its a ka24 u12 pintara 1991 190,000 kms

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
« Reply #2 on: Sep 8, 2009, 12:11PM »
Do you know where it's leaking from? As in top o ring? etc.

Could be the fuel rail isn't flat so the o-rings arnt sealing.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 8, 2009, 04:52PM »
yeah its the top O ring.  Im going to replace the fuel rail as it wont be much from U pull it that will also replace my fuel regulator.  Ill drop in another set of O rings.  DO NOT BUY THEM FROM NISSAN.  $12 each.  I paid $1 each from a injector and carby place.  thanks for the advice. 

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2009, 10:04PM »
it seems to have stopped.  Ill keep an eye on it.  on the plus side my fuel usage has dropped and i just got 511kms from a tank compared to 320-340.  massive improvement.