Author Topic: Interior Customization  (Read 3693 times)

Offline POVR31

• antrx.com senior member
  • go my POVmobile
Interior Customization
« on: Nov 4, 2004, 09:06PM »
Will be having a lot of spare time soon and am keen on customizing the interior a bit. I was thinking of dying the carpets black (has anyone tried this?), dying/painting armesrts black, gearshift boot (blue), paint sill plates silver, redo parcel shelf in black (and with 6x9;s).
Trim console and glovebox with black cushy stuff like on VL calais.

Also after reading street commies article was thinkning about doing some custom fibreglass stuff....i dunno.  i dont want anything to out there just subtle tasteful stuff.

What have have other people done?
The POVmobile....suspension, rims, customsied POV gearbox and POVerised paint.

Offline KNG P1N

• humpin ya mumma since '85
  • post whore
  • dont hate the player.....hate the game
Re: Interior Customization
« Reply #1 on: Nov 5, 2004, 07:55AM »
big messy job if u ask me :P

i know u can get special "dash paint"
fibreglassing is messy and time consuming, if u rush it it will look like poo, thats my only tip there....what were u planning on fibreglassing

dying carpet, im sure its not that hard, id just make sure u get the correct stuff to do it
And there's not much I can say
But we miss you every day
And I'm bitter 'cause it's unfair
We'll be drinkin' in the sun
Playing music having fun
Cause one day I'll see you there
R.I.P, M.M 1984 - 2005

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 5, 2004, 09:27AM »
I've done leather shift boot, colored vinyl on the doors and fiberglass pods for splits up[ front.  Came up awesome... If you've got the time and patience, it'll turn out good.
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline aussie-gli

• post whore
  • CA20E GLi (1998 -> 2008) U12 TRX (2020 -> ...)
« Reply #3 on: Nov 5, 2004, 09:28AM »
can post some pics tonight
Lisa: Dad, we did something very bad! Homer: Did you wreck the car? Bart: No. Homer: Did you raise the dead? Lisa: Yes. Homer: But the car's okay? Bart & Lisa: Uh-huh. Homer: All right then.

Offline POVR31

• antrx.com senior member
  • go my POVmobile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 5, 2004, 02:13PM »
AT the moment i was thinkning about doing sometyhing with the armrests. If i dont think of anything else i will just bog over theplastic bit and smooth it all out (as opposed to that grainy plastic look) then paint em black with a clearcoat finish.

I would consider painting the vinal black but i think that wouldnt look right with the rest of the interior.

PICs would be sweet.
The POVmobile....suspension, rims, customsied POV gearbox and POVerised paint.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Nov 5, 2004, 02:38PM »
........ paint sill plates silver........

Be very carefull with these, if you don't do a quality job the paint will scratch very easily because of there location and people scuffing their shoes on them. 

Make sure you prep them with some etch primer, use quality spray paint and possibly spray some clear coat over them.
If you use cheapo paint you'll probably have to respray them after a while so you should spend a little bit more on good stuff and ot have to worry about redoing it.  I reckon that VHT plastic paint would be the go.