Author Topic: U13 Fuel injectors??? HELP Please...  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Not a Pulsar

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • The Toe Cutter...He knows who I am.
U13 Fuel injectors??? HELP Please...
« on: Jan 16, 2011, 02:18PM »
Hi guys,
          Long time reader, first time poster... NOOBISH...
I have a 94 LX Bluey (white), that I've had for 4 1/2 years now and she's great. Fairly stock except pod and cat back. Many bits have been replaced over time, eg. fuel pump, starter, 2 dizzies, cam sensor, gearbox bearings etc due to wear n tare, However...
My Mechanic has advised me that my injectors need replacing (260,000 k's). A clean won't do, they need to be replaced. Nissan are charging approx $1000 for a set of 4. Repco does remanufactured ones for $124 each or exchange (pay $600 and hand in your oldies and get $300 back). Also on Ebay you can get from the states for $129 plus shipping... a set of 4 remanufactured (90's) Ka24de Altima injectors. 280cc? I thought stockies were 270cc? I just want standard not specky high horses or anything. I guess my questions are...
1) What do you guys do when you need to replace injectors?
2) has anyone used remanufactured injectors before? worth it?
3) my main Q... Are US Altima injectors for ka24de the same specs n fit as the Aussie ones?
I did ask them at NISSAN about these but they can only answer Q's about Aussie and Japanese parts... If I can save a Buck without paying the price,(if ya Know what I mean).(No regrets), then I will buy the US ones...
Sorry for the long post but I thought I should paint ya a clear picture (1000 words) Ha Ha.
Thanx. Rob. PS this site has helped me alot... Love ya work. Cheers.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 02:43PM by Not a Pulsar »
This is what it is...

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Re: U13 Fuel injectors??? HELP Please...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011, 01:03PM »
I'm pretty sure U13 (KA24de) use side feed injectors the same as SR20.  I'd personally just find some SR ones and use them... not sure if they differ between turbo models or not.  Guys on here have had their injectors cleaned and they leak forever more, I personally wouldn't bother with a clean either.  $1000 is rediculous though!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2011, 02:43PM »
Don't buy nissan genuine.

Just find out the correct flow rate, impendance, etc and source some after-market ones. They are quite easy to install as well.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Not a Pulsar

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • The Toe Cutter...He knows who I am.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:01PM »
Thanx for your replies fellas.
The US ebay ones supposedly fit SR20s aswell but I am unsure if they are an exact swap.
Where do you get after market ones? I've tried Supercheap (cost more than NISSAN), Autobarn (none), Autopro (none) and then repco for the exchange ones. Do I need to go to a tuner shop or something? My mechanic (trusted for years) only uses genuine when it comes to injectors. I think I might have to go for the Repcos if I can't find out about the US ones. Cheers.
PS I did message the guys in the States (twice) with my questions but they were too busy fighting some war or something and did not reply... Oops did I say that out loud??? GRRRR. ha ha.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 05:05PM by Not a Pulsar »
This is what it is...