Author Topic: U13 SSS Bluebird specs.  (Read 9656 times)

u13sr20det

U13 SSS Bluebird specs.
« on: Jul 10, 2004, 07:41PM »
U13 SSS Bluebird SR20DET ATTESA 4WD

Motor:                      2-litre SR20DET, twin-cams, 16 valves and multi-point EFI, intercooled
Power:                     155kw - 274Nm
Compression ratio:      8.5:1
Weight:                    1380kg
Driveline:                   NISSAN ATTESA 4WD

A few review sites on the import SSS

http://www.importdriver.com.au/Bluebird.htm

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0140&P=1
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2004, 07:43PM by u13sr20det »

Offline BEEFY_1600

• antrx.com junkie
  • 1968 Datsun 1600 FJ20ET GTX3076R
Re: U13 SSS Bluebird specs.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2004, 11:48PM »
Welcome to the site man do you own an atessa?

Would you be able to fill me in on some info about it as im going to buy one soon like anhing to look out for when buying?

u13sr20det

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2004, 11:16AM »
yes i own a jap spec u13 sss bluebird. there a pretty good car, mines done 132000k's and hasnt missed a beat. thay are  a very good car and are a great sleeper, i have to sell my u13 to fund my project car  :( but if i could keep it i would it is a great car. 
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2004, 11:28AM by u13sr20det »

Offline pintara det

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2004, 09:05PM »
hello and welcome! I own a pintara ti with a sr20det conversion.Pitty to see you have to sell your u13. Whats your project car anyway?

u13sr20det

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14, 2004, 02:06PM »
ca18det corolla, its been going for near 3 years now so i have to finish it.

Offline pintara det

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2004, 11:53PM »
One of my mates used to have a yellow ke20, with ca18det conversion, it went excellent, never engineered it, and ended up selling it, and now wishes he didnt!

Offline KeGs

• Nissan addict
  • post whore
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2004, 12:29AM »
hey pintara det im thinking of doing a sr20det conversion on my pintara how much did it set u back !!!
u12 sr20

Offline Marty

• west oz local moderator
  • post whore
  • *no car :(*
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2005, 07:42PM »
I'm about to go look at one this weekend, any tips on what to check or look for?
cheers
Wanneroo (Barbagallos) short track time 63 seconds (58 - Evo) long track 79 (69 - Evo)
Mods - Bosch 910 fuel pump, Nismo 555cc injectors, Z32 AFM, USB Bikirom, Full Whiteline Handling Kit, DBA Rotors, Tomei Poncams + GT2871. (174ahkw)

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2006, 03:29PM »
Hi there gurus,
A question for those that know all things on the imported SSS AWD Attesa. Was there ever a 2.0 litre N/A manual version of this vehicle?
Another question - has any body transplanted a GTiR engine/gearbox into a SSS Attesa, and if so are there any little 'funnies' you need to be aware of.
I am looking at gettinng another AWD into the driveway to keep my Series II STAGEA company.
Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2006, 03:58PM »
first off, yess there is a SR20DE AWD bluebird available, not sure how easy one of these would be to find over here but is doable.... you would have better luck getting a turbo U13.
second i have seen the gtir engine in one of these, i am guessing you have an idea of the differences between the U13 and N14 SR20DETs, so having said that, it is a straight forward change (no need to change mounts or anything) but where all the intake pipes are, are completely different, so that'd be the first thing to tackle, the looms are also different so you would have to be doing some electrical work aswell. there would be a few other things i am quite sure but since i havent done this transplant i dont know for sure what they are yet.

as for the gearbox, they are pretty much the same so no changes there.

my advice would be to save the cash on the transplant and get the turbo model and work that one. will save you cash later on

The Time Has Come To Battle It Out To The Death... SR24 vs KA24

The bluey must be revived to Life!!

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2006, 04:33PM »
I do not disagree with the logic but the manual version of the SSS Attessa AWD are very difficult to track down.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2006, 05:22PM »
agreed the manual model is very difficult to get. but if your prepared to wait, one will come up. but if not then you could get all the parts you need for a manual conversion from a wreckers, there is usually quite a few half cuts around that can be stripped down.

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:40PM »
Too true - have not seen a manual around for some time. The last one I tracked down was gone before I could get out of the ACT. My original questions relating to the 2.0 litre N/A Attesa AWD is based around one in Brisbane. I was unsure if it was a genuine unit. If it is, and meets the requirements, then a half cut from the GTiR may well be a reasonable option.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2006, 05:14AM »
The car your thinking of is indeed a genuine N/A AWD ATTESA... with a very high asking price last time I checked.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2006, 08:14AM »
Indeed, the price is certainly up there. However, negotiation is the name of the game.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2006, 07:43AM »
in that instance for a straight swap use a PNW11 avenir engine, its the newest SR20DET for an AWD, it has a silver top, a T28 and produces 170kw's factory. this would be alot simpler to swap than the gtir engine, around the same price too

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2006, 11:57AM »
in that instance for a straight swap use a PNW11 avenir engine, its the newest SR20DET for an AWD, it has a silver top, a T28 and produces 170kw's factory. this would be alot simpler to swap than the gtir engine, around the same price too

Am I understanding you correctly? By saying 'simpler' do you mean there are some issues with doing the GTiR swap, even from a half cut?

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2006, 12:54PM »
the issues from the gtir swap is the layout of the intake pipe work as i posted before. the gtir engine has the quad throttles so the intake plenum is above the intake runners so the pipework goes in different directions, this is the same for the outlet from the turbo, it faces up not down.

the HNU13, PNW10 and PNW11's all have the intake plenum that is beneath the runners and the turbo outlet is going down instead of up.

so it would make sense to save cash on the fabrication work for changing round the intake pipework to suit the new engine. unless your made of money to do all the work then go nuts on it.

in the end, it depends whether you want this car to be mildly modified , heavily modified or insanely modified. the only time that you'd really need the gtir engine would be for the insanely modified section.

it makes sense if you want it to be a straight forward swap instead of it costing you about 2-4k more for the conversion

Offline TRXACT

• new kid on the block
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2006, 01:03PM »
A man with knowledge is always admired.  The information is greatly appreciated.
As an aside my brief search on the Avenir shows it only as an aut0o in the SR20DET. It is therefore assumed the manual t'mission from the U13 is going to bolt straight up.

Offline Craazy

• Resident Attesa Driver
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • Lovin it long time
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2006, 01:31PM »
i am 99% sure that the manual box should bolt straight up as i have seen a converted manual avenir. this was a very cool looking car

the other important factor of the avenir engine is that they are quite new engines with very low mileage