Author Topic: Missed my Stanza  (Read 1783 times)

Offline xxcbonexx

• antrx.com junior member
  • its pronounced stan-za
Missed my Stanza
« on: Aug 5, 2011, 02:39AM »
Sold it, I dunno, like 5 years ago. Got an 04 Infiniti G35x, after that a 98 BMW 750iL, mostly just to say I've had a V12. Thats gone now too. Still have the wifes maxi, got my truck, had a minivan for about three days. And every step of the way I've regretted selling the Stanza. It was quick and comfy, not at all fast and flashy. Sure iren's short throw, stiff motor mounts and lowered suspension made it a stiff ride, but the j30 leather softened it a bit.

So I've just picked up a 90 GXE for $400 US. It needed new front bearings baaad. I've never seen bearings tore down into such tiny pieces. The free tow from the autoclub is always nice. With 140k miles, it looks as though it sat for quite a while, someplace damp. But its been cleaned up now, with yes, new (to me) j30 leather. I wish I took before/after pics. Though it was dirty, the interior is in good shape. With its new seats, the whole interior looks like a new car. Now time to replace every single gasket....

Its sad to see Teamnse has dissolved completely, but its cool to see some familiar Antrx-ers. Don't mind the bad blood, I had nothing to do with any of that. BTW, wheres that excellent write-up on decal removal? Couldn't hunt it down...

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Re: Missed my Stanza
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5, 2011, 06:50PM »
Ha, teamnse... that's a blast from the past!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist