Author Topic: Paint Ideas  (Read 3880 times)

Offline harlot

• antrx.com senior member
Paint Ideas
« on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:25PM »
Hey all,
When i have spare money i want to start to do up my little car a bit. Should have a pretty good stereo within the next 3 months, mostly donated/free for me parts. Cant decide what i want to do to my car after that but im considering painting it. Its your typical red at the moment which is ok and all but i want to go a bit different. Just wondering what everyone else looks good on TRX's. I dont want to go white or light colours like that, i ADORE black but i dont know if that would suit a TRX.
Then after going through my friends paint book i decided i wouldnt mind doing something a bit 'out there'. Nothing too gay with stickers and crap. Also nothing fluro or that majorly stands out. I want something that will catch your eye and you can apprechiate it and then keep driving... not something that you see and feel the need to ring everyone and be like "wow you seen that fluro orange TRX with green flowers all over it!". I am a girl (yes true fact :)) so i was thinking the pink's and a mix of pink and black would be great too. But im open to all suggestions. So if anyone has any idea of what colours would look good on a TRX please share, id love to hear what everyone else thinks.
Also if you could incorporate the word 'Harlot' into a desgin id be very interested to see what you can come up with. One suggestion so far in a thick black racing stripe down the middle and harlot written down it.
Heres a pic of a colour i really like: (let me know what you think)

Any ideas apprechiated!!!
Thanx...
Xx
Who's a hot chicken!!

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
Re: Paint Ideas
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:38PM »
i ADORE black but i dont know if that would suit a TRX.

I think black suits a TRX great. (I know this isn't a TRX, but it's still a U12  ;) )
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:39PM »
Super Nismo FTW!!! :D
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline harlot

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2007, 08:41PM »
Yeah black looks pretty hot :P thanx for the pic
Xx
Who's a hot chicken!!

Offline LC_TRX

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:09PM »
i think that it was evenflow who resprayed their TRX black, it comes up as the front page car sometimes.

i think that if you had the money a black paint with that purple sort of candy pearl through it would look sick!

Offline Smiley Of Terror

• post whore
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:40PM »
I always wanted to replicate the bathurst bluebird with my u12
like this:

only u12 :)
but probably not what you're after :P
nissan enthusiast who... umm... drives a toyota.

'95 n/a Mr2

Offline Luke

• 173kw @ all 4
  • sth. oz local moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2007, 10:50PM »
Im wondering how much work\money you are thinking is involved in a decent paint job. If you are struggling to afford a stereo system, a paint job is out of the question, one that looks good anyway. Sorry, don't mean to be rude. That said, I think black would look cool. And that pinky purple colour would be cool too, but I bet it's expensive.
Jason reffering to the OzVR4 Forum... "Even their forum is slow" "FJ20.com on the other hand, yep that S12 does Mono's"

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2007, 11:11PM »
Out of all the colours ive seen so far on a TRX i recon red has the best look and sex appeal...i was thinking black for a respray then i saw a black TRX and changed my mind.....
"Noss is God"

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2007, 12:25AM »
if u want a car that looks the goods, but not over the top, then i rekon a candy apple red would be hot. i usually wouldn't recommend this colour (apart from the fact that i hav a personal vendetta against the colour red in general, dunno why, just do!  ??? ), but seeing as you're a girl, then i rekon it'll suit....  ;D  or perhaps even like a silver and purple or pink pearl?

as for the racing stripe.... oh dear god! a few ppl here hav done a stripe or two and (imo) i really don't think that a u12/trx can pull it off. makes it look like a try-hard-wannabe-rice cake.

then once/when/IF you get a paint job done, then u gotta think about what wheels will match, then lowering, engine work.... one thing turns into another and it never ends!  :o

anywho, good luck with it all
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline harlot

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2007, 12:40AM »
Im wondering how much work\money you are thinking is involved in a decent paint job. If you are struggling to afford a stereo system, a paint job is out of the question, one that looks good anyway. Sorry, don't mean to be rude. That said, I think black would look cool. And that pinky purple colour would be cool too, but I bet it's expensive.

Not sure how much i wanna spend... wen i find a colour i like then ill save enough to get that done. And the stereo thing... haha nah thats free coz one of my friends is upgrading to some fancy DVD player stuff aswell so i get his pretty good headunit and im getting subs + amp as an anniversary present  ::) hehe. Also in the process of talking my way into my mates speakers that he doesnt use, but then i gotta buy an amp for those. The conditions if i get that is i have to get an alarm put in coz no one likes the idea of getting a stereo easily worth over $2000 stolen from them.
I might not get the paint done next either...this whole 'no power' stuff is really getting to me. Used to driving a clubsport... huge power difference to get used to. Keep the paint colour ideas coming tho.

as for the racing stripe.... oh dear god! a few ppl here hav done a stripe or two and (imo) i really don't think that a u12/trx can pull it off. makes it look like a try-hard-wannabe-rice cake.

as for that... i agree  :D was just throwing the idea out there. See what everyone else thought :P

Xx
Who's a hot chicken!!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2007, 02:41AM »
Black or metallic anything is expensive as, and if you want candy or pearl or anything like that add some cash on as well.

That said, I reckon a colour a bit darker than that pink would look pretty cool, almost like a candy burgundy colour.

Depends what's in your price range, or how long you want to save up for it.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline hrmmmm

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2007, 05:26PM »
Fuschia by house of kolor, it is a medium pink that is very mettalic and fairly expensive. It would look cool though.

For the word HARLOT: I would ghost it.
   You make the fuschia slightly different, then spray the word/image you want onto the car then clear.
When the sun hits it, it will be visible. Very subtle but it will be different.

A mettalic dark blue with a lighter/more silverery ghost image would also look cool.

Offline bones

• antrx.com junkie
  • got ka?
« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2007, 10:25PM »
if its any help i just finished resprayin my u12 with a custom mix of the standard colour...bigger metalic and a slight tint...cheaper easier and simple says it best...
my two bob.
if there was anything worth reading here youve read it already

even with all of todays wisdom...there is still no way to portray an enemy...

"Noss Is God"

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2007, 12:43AM »
....cheaper easier and simple says it best....

yah tru that! its a case of "less is more"

tho all depends on what YOU want to get from the respray....
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....