Author Topic: costom body kits  (Read 28887 times)

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
Re: costom body kits
« Reply #30 on: Mar 30, 2006, 05:38PM »
in good time.... over the last 2 years you've claimed superchargers, V6's, various turbo set ups and were yet to see any engine bay photos/dyno sheets/specific details. perhaps thats the reason you cop so much shit around here?

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #31 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:15PM »
talk yourself up a little more man... even if you're car does make those figures, and in your opinion its the 2nd best pintara on the forum, with an attitude like that, you're never going to get anyones respect.

and i don't think anyone here has had a problem with someone else coming and stealing your stuff.  think about it, if its a 100% custom and a one of a kind bodykit, it'll be pretty easy to find if it gets stolen
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 06:17PM by Project Siltara »
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:55PM »
Pretty ironic actually..

I was previously tossing up weather to use my free time in my free period to post up "talk the talk more hiro" previously, but i opted not to.

Hiro, I recommend you post up some pictures of what's happening and that way people will respect you alot better. Coming onto forums and saying "My Ti has this that this that, and it makes so much power etc.." then being a smart arse and a moron on top doesn't  help..

I'm 16 and slowly modifying my car, i havn't even got my license yet, but im pretty sure people on here will give me more time of day to show my efforts and what i can do within my great restrictions.

SIR_TRX hardly posted on here.. but at least he didn't talk it up.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #33 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:22PM »
rofl, by hiro's logic i could claim that my U12 already has over 450kw atw, it just isn't installed yet and is sitting in the garage.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #34 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:24PM »
Oh, and hiro, don't EVER compare your POS to Glenn's TRX. His was modified tastefully. Enough said.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #35 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:05PM »
Actually I dont really like the back bar glen put on... just something about it doesnt look right... makes the lights look odd or something... or maybe its the spoiler that does it.  I just dont really like something about the back end.  If I had $25k to spend on it I'd probably end up either changing the rear bar, or putting in R32 tail lights.  Just thought it was more on topic here since we are talking about bodykits... kinda.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #36 on: Mar 30, 2006, 09:17PM »
Every one has their own opinions SSS, and talking the way you do towards me isnt going to get you any respect. I don't have the Turbo in at the moment because I am changing the pistons so I can run higher boost, not to say I am even driving it at the moment, and not to say thsat I didnt have the Turbo in before running it on 6 psi. Bungs, you are a two face bagstabber, to put it at least. Pathetic.   

I would like to thank those that have been respectful towards my project, and as for you other guyz, I have never said that your cars are a POS like SSS likes to say, you can't go saying things like that cos you may get laughed at in the end. I would be happy to help everyone out in getting contacts for custom kits etc making there cars look great, and go great. Its just that when I get such disrespect, I think to myself, why should I even bother.

I will get these pics up as soon as I can, some of you guys seriously need to calm down and stop acting like 8 year old children.

You guyz only remember my car from a year ago, so you realy don't know what your talking about, and I do not think my car is king di?k, the reason I said it was second after Glen's car was because no one else has done that much more work on their u12 in Australia from what we know here on antrx, my car like Glenns (although both very different), is one of a kind. Glen has spent around $65'000 I think, I have spent around $30'000. The only reason I am hesitant to put up all round pictures, is because I don't have the custom front bar finished and I am customizing my exuast system again because I am puting my mufflers underneath the car, seperate from the exhaust tips, hence my car in the photo's will have no twin pipes at the rear, so it won't look as good. 

But looks like I am going to have to make do.

« Last Edit: Apr 1, 2006, 01:30AM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #37 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:13PM »
good.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #38 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:28PM »
Oh, and hiro, don't EVER compare your POS to Glenn's TRX. His was modified tastefully. Enough said.

Thats a low blow. Its in the antrx guide book somewhere that "thou shallith never call another pintara (trx) a POS no-matterith how badly its owner abuses es it"

But seriously Hiro, Take it from another kid like urself, People on here and in real life dont respond well to people talking BS without some physical proof. By saying some of the shit you have said about your car you make urself sound like every other bogan on the road that drives a stock commodore with 250+ hp with the only mod being a pod filter that is set up with a $5 bit of flexi pipe from supercheap.

Just try and help people without talking yourself up. But come on give him a break. We have all been guilty of saying somthing about our cars that isnt true (yet) one time or another.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #39 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:35PM »
I'm finished chating here now anyway, cos I waste my time with you guyz.
^ this is a perfect example of why everyone thinks your full of shit ^

SSS, and talking the way you do towards me isnt going to get you any respect.

lololand

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #40 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:59PM »
^ this is a perfect example of why everyone thinks your full of shit ^

lololand

Who cares, I changed my mined. If I descided that there was more to be said, I am free to keep talking, so you can lol,lol,lol' all you like. You need to remember that we are sitting behind computers, in real life you wouldnt always walk away from a conversation, on here we have to wait for some one to post before we can reply, so I expected you guys to get over it and move on, but obviously not. So is there anything else you can "try" hard with? It amazes me that some of you people put so much energy into puting me down, its laughable. Thanx for expressing so much interest in Hiro. Shorley you have another hobbey.

Keep in mind that these pictures are over a year old now. Try to imagin the twin exhaust pipes on each side(squarish tips). I have removed the side door moldings and have clear side indicators now. Also consider that I have had a clear rear garnish lense made to fill the gap of the Corsair center garnish. To top it all off a re-coat in clear which is a temporary thing until I run a silver pearl through the car. Keep in mind I am getting the custom front bar done aswell, which I think is a s13 Bomex but I will have to double check. I am also considering de-badging the rear, and the interior is getting re-trimmed bit by bit. I am getting the crome strip inserted into the black line (gap) on the rear bar (the top part - the factory bar). Got bonet pins, and I am removing the amber lense inside the Bluebird rear tail lights and replacing it with the clear indicator lense from inside the Australian deliverd tail lights. There were some dents to the center of my boot in that picture which are now removed.

I will get some new pictures as soon as I can. I should be able to put up some engine bay pics even sooner, as I am taking some pictures tomorow.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 12:04AM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #41 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:14AM »
Hmm why didnt you post these pics earlier!  I had never seen your car till tonight, and dont think its as bad as people make it out to be at all.  I'm not a fan of grills in bonnet that are almost pointless, but probably looks better in the flesh (I hope).  Really dont mind the back end there though, the rear bar is nice.   But agree with the debadging of the rear... needs to be done.
But having said that, it really does need a paint job that screams "look at me" before I would really take a second look.  But nice work so far... keep at it.

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #42 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:34AM »
Nice car. Altho just my opinion, but i like the back of a pintara better than a corsair.

Keep us updated!

Offline nazstang

• antrx.com full member
  • My Recipe: 2.4 + turbo = One Bad Motha Fucka
« Reply #43 on: Mar 31, 2006, 01:00AM »
nice car man, i don't know about saying the second best, but it's nice.  it doesn't matter how much money you spend, you can throw $40000 into a civic and my mustangs will eat it, chew it, and shit that piece of shit out the tailpipes. really though, i can appreciate hard work on any car, but dropping it off to a shop, and comming back with a check when  it's done, doesn't "make" a nice car.  Carrol Shelby said his favorite tuning shop(like foose and rad rides) is the 18 year old, that works in his little backyard.  who saves up for his parts, modifies and installs them himself.  he is the purest form of a car enthusiest.

i must agree, none of my cars have ever been to a mechanic, 100% of all the work, including custom fabbing and even paint, has been done by me.  and i feel very proud, even if i'm not the fastest guy at the track, or most bling-nling guy at the shows, everyone there gives me respect for my hard work and staying humble.  i suggest you humble yourself a bit more if you want these guys to show some respect.
-Nissan stanza ( KA-T)
-94 Cobra (modded)
- 88 Mustang LX (modded so much, not street legal)
- Suzuki gsx1000 (modded)
- Craftsman 54" 28 hp tractor (modded :) )

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #44 on: Mar 31, 2006, 01:17AM »
I know what you mean. There is a lot of sense in that, but its more the fact that they started all the crap years ago just because I was doing things different to every one else, because I was some what silent on specific things and cos I never put up pictures, and that they couldnt come to beleave I put in a v6.

Carrol Shelby said his favorite tuning shop(like foose and rad rides) is the 18 year old, that works in his little backyard.  who saves up for his parts, modifies and installs them himself.  he is the purest form of a car enthusiest.

I couldnt have said it better. Right on.

I have a lot of apreciation for people who work on cars themselves. My r31 was built in my own garrage at home with my friend all by ourselves, so I know what its like. There was also a lot of work I did myself on my Pintara too. Thanx for the apreciation. Keep up your good work.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 01:20AM by HIRO »

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #45 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:23AM »
Why the fuck do you have an attesa sticker on your rear window ?!

but im surprised... i like the rear bar.. it looks better than last time i saw it, just cut.. and two cannons..

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #46 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:48AM »
Thats a low blow. Its in the antrx guide book somewhere that "thou shallith never call another pintara (trx) a POS no-matterith how badly its owner abuses es it"

You weren't here when the first round of hiro's bullshit started.

I know what you mean. There is a lot of sense in that, but its more the fact that they started all the crap years ago just because I was doing things different to every one else, because I was some what silent on specific things and cos I never put up pictures, and that they couldnt come to beleave I put in a v6.

You come on here and make these outrageous claims, then when people question you, you don't back up your story with photographic evidence.
The whole point of these forums is to SHARE information, not post up outrageous claims and then tell everyone that "it's a secret".

Offline emuisme

• antrx.com full member
  • Slack kid on the block
« Reply #47 on: Mar 31, 2006, 07:01AM »
nice looking car.  I don't think the racing stripe looks too bad at all, I'm not saying I'd put one on my car, but I recken it suits yours.

While your taking some photo's of your engine bay can you Pretty pretty please take some photo's of the checker plate you were talking about in another post?  infact some general interior photo's would be fantastic, if you could? please?
I spent my money on sothern comfort and speeding fines, the rest I wasted.

Born to drive, forced to work!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #48 on: Mar 31, 2006, 10:48AM »
back on topic (i cant believe i wasted my time reading this) with a fair bit of modification a wrx bar will fit, its actually a fairly close fit to begin with, the lancer (the squarer one.. cb? i dunno) is also a reasonably close fit.. how do i know? test fitted both about 5 years ago.

definately not a bolt on by any stretch of the imagination, but definately not impossible. if you took it to a shop to be done, dont expect to get out of it for under $800

how do you all think custom kits are made? people dont start from scratch, not even the shops in most cases (i'm talking about in australia here), they take bits and pieces of other kits.. a big australian kit maker has a kit for the lancer which looks shit hot compared to stock.. its a modified stock proton satria kit, but you'd never pick it until you saw the two side by side..
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 10:51AM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #49 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:51PM »
5 entries found for humble.

hum·ble   Audio pronunciation of "humble" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (hmbl)
adj. hum·bler, hum·blest

1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
   2. Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
   3. Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.

tr.v. hum·bled, hum·bling, hum·bles

1. To curtail or destroy the pride of; humiliate.
   2. To cause to be meek or modest in spirit.
   3. To give a lower condition or station to; abase. See Synonyms at degrade.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #50 on: Mar 31, 2006, 05:23PM »
Here's my efforts on a custom lip... just havnt had time to finish it off lately so its still fairly rough.  But I really feel it changes the appearance of the front bar.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 05:25PM by Colby »

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
« Reply #51 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:45PM »
a big australian kit maker has a kit for the lancer which looks shit hot compared to stock.. its a modified stock proton satria kit, but you'd never pick it until you saw the two side by side..

sorry to be offtopic but... got link? ;D

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #52 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:03PM »
Here's my efforts on a custom lip... just havnt had time to finish it off lately so its still fairly rough.  But I really feel it changes the appearance of the front bar.

Nice. Its makes the car look tuff.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #53 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:12PM »
Nice. Its makes the car look tuff.

Except for the pink hey Col... sorry mate, just kidding :D
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 11:15PM by Budgie »
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #54 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:25PM »
That is quite a neat rear bar. It needs to be debadged though, and I don't really like the GT stripes. The side skirts look a bit out of place, but meh... on the whole good work.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #55 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:42PM »
That is quite a neat rear bar. It needs to be debadged though, and I don't really like the GT stripes. The side skirts look a bit out of place, but meh... on the whole good work.

Yeh, I mite end up changing the skirts eventualy, but not sure yet. They look a lot better in real life than in the photo. When I got them made I asked for them to be properly Arodynamic, so thats how they were made. But its the front bar and gearbox to worry about first at the moment. Its costed me a fortune for the gearbox modifications.

Thanks anyway.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #56 on: Apr 1, 2006, 12:33AM »
Except for the pink hey Col... sorry mate, just kidding :D

Thanks budge... think its cos its so dirty and havnt given the front half a cut and polish or wax.  Look at chris's... his looks the goods now after a bit of karate kid action.

Aerodynamics are somthing I didnt really think about when I did the lip... just did it to look a bit beefier.  HIRO i think your skirts look good... that photo just had a bad dark reflection so the doors looked like they came in alot.  and the fact that they are aerodynamic is a bonus eh :P

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #57 on: Apr 1, 2006, 01:47AM »
Why the fuck do you have an attesa sticker on your rear window ?!

Oh that, yeh, its old school now, beleave me, you don't wana go into it, I copped enough shit about puting 4wd in my car in the past, but with my new engine and modifications, I can't use the Attessa system unless I find a suitable box.  I have had that sticker for years, so its more centimental than anything. But with all the boxes I found in 4wd, the starter motor is on the opposite side of the gearbox, which is why I didnt end up using my N15 SR20 lsd box.  I will have to say though, at the moment I would rather be silent on which box I am using, but in time, I will reveal the box. Put it this way...It ain't a Nissan gearbox. That will get you thinking. If look in Project cars section, you can see the adapter plate.

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #58 on: Apr 1, 2006, 02:03AM »
I will have to say though, at the moment I would rather be silent on which box I am using, but in time, I will reveal the box.

rofl.

2 speed hondamatic?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #59 on: Apr 1, 2006, 06:18PM »
Rofl all you like mate, your just going to look stupid.