Author Topic: costom body kits  (Read 28888 times)

Offline trx_1990

• antrx.com junior member
costom body kits
« on: Mar 11, 2006, 02:39PM »
hi i just had a question i want to ask if any one knows where abouts in Adelaide i could get costom body kits installed i have read a couple of forums on antrx that have all stated that the Subaru body kit fits on the u12 pintara with slight modifications so i went to a few panel beaters today and all of them said they will not touch any thing like that if any one knows of a places in Adelaide that would attempt this would be really helpful thanks

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
Re: costom body kits
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2006, 05:10PM »
that sounds weird to me that no one would attempt it... especially if you provide the bumper yourself
as for place that would definately do it nfi sorry! :S

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2006, 03:29PM »
Look in yellow pages for bodykit installers/spoiler shops.

The yellow pages btw in case you were wondering is the big thick book that is the same colour as piss.
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2006, 03:49PM »
okay, now don't you see something a bit strange here....?  if subaru body kits fit the pintara, then why does nobody have them?
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted

Offline [TRX2NV]

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2006, 04:28PM »
Your on drugs mate. I just did a search on the forums and no such thread exists.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2006, 11:12PM »
I remember discussion about Silvia kits and seeing photos of pulsar kits on the u12, but really not sure how a Subie kit would go... think they are probably mounted way differently. I imagine only the skirts could be made to fit, but the job would be just as expensive as a full custom job I would imagine.

Conclusion: dont bother... if you want a Subie kit, buy the car to go with it.

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2006, 08:20PM »
I remember discussion about Silvia kits and seeing photos of pulsar kits on the u12, but really not sure how a Subie kit would go...

there was something recently about s13 silvia and pulsar kits going on, but again, i'll draw everyone to the same conclusion as the suby kit

if it worked, and looked good, more people would have already done it.

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2006, 09:06PM »
maybe its cos hes from Adelaide that mr trx_1990 thinks a suby front bar can fit on the TRX!

Myself id prefer a kia sportage kit   ;D

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2006, 06:39AM »
and i'd prefer the trx kit !  ::)
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline TRXXX

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2006, 03:45PM »
yeh id rather the trx kit then the suby one... it aint that special

Offline nizu12

• Banned.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2006, 12:37AM »
Your car is a Nissan Pintara, body kits for pintaras fit them. Suburu body kits fit Suburus. Aside from the mounts being completey different, have you thought about the shape? Do you really want to spend $1200 or more on a body kit, then cut it to pieces trying to get to fit, then more than likely failing. Not a good Idea. If you're really determined, Buy a 2nd hand TR.X body kit and Have it customised. Try all the close or neighbouring wrecking yards, failing that try other places and have it sent to you.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2006, 11:23PM »
i went to a few panel beaters today and all of them said they will not touch any thing like that

Thats cos their lazy and couldnt be stuffed, they said the same thing to me when I needed a kit, but I finaly found a place. There is two that will be happy to do it. Just message me personaly for details.
« Last Edit: Apr 1, 2006, 01:20AM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2006, 02:30PM »
Dude, if your going to the extent that you found a place blah blah blah.. you might as well just say where you got it done, so when people search in the future they can see that such and such bodykits did one for you and thus eliminating new threads/more questions for people in your area.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2006, 03:38PM »
oh but Chris that'd be giving too much away in the cut throat world of car modifying for fun. There is far too much at stake for that.
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2006, 04:24PM »
oh but Chris that'd be giving too much away in the cut throat world of car modifying for fun. There is far too much at stake for that.

ROFL! ;D

and wow hiro came back out of nowhere? whats going on? :O

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2006, 05:03PM »

indeed.

Offline Barnett

• antrx.com senior member
  • Not So Stock Ride, Banging Your Mum 24/7 :D
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:17PM »
its easy ppl, customise it yourself. cut the bottom of you stock bar off and the cut the top off the f00lly sik (yes i have a low IQ - or i'm taking the piss) bar you want to put on join it up.....fiberglass, bit of bog voila you have a f00lly sik (yes i have a low IQ - or i'm taking the piss) custom kit! i know for sure if you took this route that a N14 pulsar front bar will fit just look at Flogtara's old front bar. it was the right width but just needed the top half of the stock bar and it would have been schmick! as for mounts, that would be easy. its suprising how much you can do with fiberglass.

[Barnett]
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2006, 06:19PM by Not So Stock Ride »
Mmmmm Turbo Mini Chopper Anyone?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:39PM »

::) Yeh, people could die for that shit. Might end up in a river some where with your feet buried in cement.  ::)

Common, seirously - Think for a minute, would you want some one puting your house address and number on the internet?....Nooo!  Cos a lot of what I do to my car is all private work from private profesionals. I'm finished chating here now anyway, cos I waste my time with you guyz.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2006, 10:34PM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:55PM »
I have made some body kit stuff in the past, but i'm just too busy to help anyone else out these days... Basically if you want to get someone to take you seriously with this stuff you will have to wave money in their face first before you tell them what you want.  A guy here in Geelong seems he will give anything a go, does plenty of custom VW kits and Commonhore kits, all he would need is a stock bumper and he could make it work for ya... but at a pretty nasty cost i would think!  One off custom kits = $$$  :o

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2006, 06:39AM »
Well if your that much of a mad kun t   and can't tell people where your kit was done, don't bother posting at all mate.. piss off to some other forums like autosalon or hot4's where you want to be one day....oh and gt stripes will really get you somewhere.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:05AM »
Common, seirously - Think for a minute, would you want some one puting your house address and number on the internet?....Nooo!  Cos a lot of what I do to my car is all private work from private profesionals. I'm finished chating here now anyway, cos I waste my time with you guyz.

So what he's trying to say is that it's dodgy backyard work that is being done for cash, it's a pity he didn't post the details so we could inform the ATO of this hektik madness and put an end to ugly kits on U12's and anything else they would touch.

Offline bondy

• the bond
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2006, 03:38PM »
....oh and gt stripes will really get you somewhere.

lol, you'd been holding that one back for a while, eh chris :P

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:39PM »
Well if your that much of a mad kun t   and can't tell people where your kit was done, don't bother posting at all mate..

Ah, that was a joke mate I was being sarcastic because of Chads remark - the part about geting thrown in a river. Duh

So what he's trying to say is that it's dodgy backyard work that is being done for cash, it's a pity he didn't post the details so we could inform the ATO of this hektik madness and put an end to ugly kits on U12's and anything else they would touch.

No, some of the best jobs are backyard jobs, a well known fact in the automotive industry. No one is under time limits to do things, and this guy is actualy a profesional boat builder, so he is bloody brilliant with his work.

oh and gt stripes will really get you somewhere.

Yes they will, they are one of the most favoured features on my car by most people actualy. If you don't like it, I couldnt give a shit, you got bad taste, then thats your problem. I'm quite happy with them.

you might as well just say where you got it done, so when people search in the future they can see that such and such bodykits did one for you and thus eliminating new threads/more questions for people in your area.

For shit sakes, one place is called "Advanced Spoilers and Body Kits", not far from Pickles Auctions (in Adelaide). They have some good sideskirts and a nice rear bar. I didn't like the front bar mutch, but they can make anything to suit your car. Hope your satisfied, but for those of you not in SA, its more difficult. This is the only contact I can give you, he never worked on my car, but ther are things I wish to buy from him in the future. The web address is as follows: www.advancedbodykits.com.  There is not much on there but at least you have the contact now.

Hope your satisfied, have fun,

Laters!
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 01:50AM by HIRO »

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2006, 12:03AM »
You know i gotta hand it to HIRO for that last post... all you guys are giving him so much shit and after it i'm supprised he is still even on here.  But thanks for coming around and posting some details in the end dude  ;)

Though you are on the defensive foot at the moment, can understand you not wanting to have a car the same as someone else's but no need to kick up a fuss and not reccomend places to people.  Personally I thought car modding was all about expressing yourself through your vehicle.  Just because others are interested in where you got stuff, doesnt make your car any lesser an expression of yourself.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2006, 01:09AM »
I know what your saying, but its just that if my car is at one of those places, and some of these people know it, I run the risk of damage being done to my car, thats my main reason, because I have had people scratch, dent and steel stuff before. Not a good feeling at all. I just hope these guyz eventualy learn to grow up. I am happy to help, as long as I don't keep copping the same old shit time after time. again. 

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:04AM »
Why the fuck would anyone from HERE bother wasting the ENERGY to steal and/or damage YOUR property? Do you think that you can look down your nose at us and accuse EVERYONE on here that they would waste the time to damage/steal your property?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2006, 02:01PM »
Why the fuck would anyone from HERE bother wasting the ENERGY to steal and/or damage YOUR property? Do you think that you can look down your nose at us and accuse EVERYONE on here that they would waste the time to damage/steal your property?

I wouldnt say "everyone", you said that not me. I'm just being cautious, as I don't know you guyz personaly, nothing wrong with being cautious. As for your hobby in anoying me, I think it would be best that we get of this topic, were here to talk about body kits.

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2006, 02:38PM »
I wouldnt say "everyone", you said that not me. I'm just being cautious, as I don't know you guyz personaly, nothing wrong with being cautious. As for your hobby in anoying me, I think it would be best that we get of this topic, were here to talk about body kits.

unfortunately unless you go nationally you wont meet most of them? so dont be so uptight? :/

Offline TRXXX

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2006, 03:43PM »
what does everyone have against HIRO?

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2006, 03:55PM »
For shits and giggles here's a PM i got from Mr Hiro himself.

"What is up with you Chris? What have I ever done to you for you to try and make a fool of me. To see what you are getting at?! WHAT! Cos you think I don't do what I say I do? Why pick on me, I have the second best Pintara after Sir_Trx's if people beleave it or not, and its only in early stages. I already have 250 HP at the wheels, and thats only with stock ballbaring Turbo, which is currently not in the car cos I'm doing some internals and gearbox modifications. But in good time, you will see, so why stir me up for nothing?"

Offline Pinsair

• ka24e owner
  • post whore
« Reply #30 on: Mar 30, 2006, 05:38PM »
in good time.... over the last 2 years you've claimed superchargers, V6's, various turbo set ups and were yet to see any engine bay photos/dyno sheets/specific details. perhaps thats the reason you cop so much shit around here?

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #31 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:15PM »
talk yourself up a little more man... even if you're car does make those figures, and in your opinion its the 2nd best pintara on the forum, with an attitude like that, you're never going to get anyones respect.

and i don't think anyone here has had a problem with someone else coming and stealing your stuff.  think about it, if its a 100% custom and a one of a kind bodykit, it'll be pretty easy to find if it gets stolen
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 06:17PM by Project Siltara »

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #32 on: Mar 30, 2006, 06:55PM »
Pretty ironic actually..

I was previously tossing up weather to use my free time in my free period to post up "talk the talk more hiro" previously, but i opted not to.

Hiro, I recommend you post up some pictures of what's happening and that way people will respect you alot better. Coming onto forums and saying "My Ti has this that this that, and it makes so much power etc.." then being a smart arse and a moron on top doesn't  help..

I'm 16 and slowly modifying my car, i havn't even got my license yet, but im pretty sure people on here will give me more time of day to show my efforts and what i can do within my great restrictions.

SIR_TRX hardly posted on here.. but at least he didn't talk it up.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #33 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:22PM »
rofl, by hiro's logic i could claim that my U12 already has over 450kw atw, it just isn't installed yet and is sitting in the garage.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #34 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:24PM »
Oh, and hiro, don't EVER compare your POS to Glenn's TRX. His was modified tastefully. Enough said.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #35 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:05PM »
Actually I dont really like the back bar glen put on... just something about it doesnt look right... makes the lights look odd or something... or maybe its the spoiler that does it.  I just dont really like something about the back end.  If I had $25k to spend on it I'd probably end up either changing the rear bar, or putting in R32 tail lights.  Just thought it was more on topic here since we are talking about bodykits... kinda.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #36 on: Mar 30, 2006, 09:17PM »
Every one has their own opinions SSS, and talking the way you do towards me isnt going to get you any respect. I don't have the Turbo in at the moment because I am changing the pistons so I can run higher boost, not to say I am even driving it at the moment, and not to say thsat I didnt have the Turbo in before running it on 6 psi. Bungs, you are a two face bagstabber, to put it at least. Pathetic.   

I would like to thank those that have been respectful towards my project, and as for you other guyz, I have never said that your cars are a POS like SSS likes to say, you can't go saying things like that cos you may get laughed at in the end. I would be happy to help everyone out in getting contacts for custom kits etc making there cars look great, and go great. Its just that when I get such disrespect, I think to myself, why should I even bother.

I will get these pics up as soon as I can, some of you guys seriously need to calm down and stop acting like 8 year old children.

You guyz only remember my car from a year ago, so you realy don't know what your talking about, and I do not think my car is king di?k, the reason I said it was second after Glen's car was because no one else has done that much more work on their u12 in Australia from what we know here on antrx, my car like Glenns (although both very different), is one of a kind. Glen has spent around $65'000 I think, I have spent around $30'000. The only reason I am hesitant to put up all round pictures, is because I don't have the custom front bar finished and I am customizing my exuast system again because I am puting my mufflers underneath the car, seperate from the exhaust tips, hence my car in the photo's will have no twin pipes at the rear, so it won't look as good. 

But looks like I am going to have to make do.

« Last Edit: Apr 1, 2006, 01:30AM by HIRO »

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #37 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:13PM »
good.

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #38 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:28PM »
Oh, and hiro, don't EVER compare your POS to Glenn's TRX. His was modified tastefully. Enough said.

Thats a low blow. Its in the antrx guide book somewhere that "thou shallith never call another pintara (trx) a POS no-matterith how badly its owner abuses es it"

But seriously Hiro, Take it from another kid like urself, People on here and in real life dont respond well to people talking BS without some physical proof. By saying some of the shit you have said about your car you make urself sound like every other bogan on the road that drives a stock commodore with 250+ hp with the only mod being a pod filter that is set up with a $5 bit of flexi pipe from supercheap.

Just try and help people without talking yourself up. But come on give him a break. We have all been guilty of saying somthing about our cars that isnt true (yet) one time or another.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #39 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:35PM »
I'm finished chating here now anyway, cos I waste my time with you guyz.
^ this is a perfect example of why everyone thinks your full of shit ^

SSS, and talking the way you do towards me isnt going to get you any respect.

lololand

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #40 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:59PM »
^ this is a perfect example of why everyone thinks your full of shit ^

lololand

Who cares, I changed my mined. If I descided that there was more to be said, I am free to keep talking, so you can lol,lol,lol' all you like. You need to remember that we are sitting behind computers, in real life you wouldnt always walk away from a conversation, on here we have to wait for some one to post before we can reply, so I expected you guys to get over it and move on, but obviously not. So is there anything else you can "try" hard with? It amazes me that some of you people put so much energy into puting me down, its laughable. Thanx for expressing so much interest in Hiro. Shorley you have another hobbey.

Keep in mind that these pictures are over a year old now. Try to imagin the twin exhaust pipes on each side(squarish tips). I have removed the side door moldings and have clear side indicators now. Also consider that I have had a clear rear garnish lense made to fill the gap of the Corsair center garnish. To top it all off a re-coat in clear which is a temporary thing until I run a silver pearl through the car. Keep in mind I am getting the custom front bar done aswell, which I think is a s13 Bomex but I will have to double check. I am also considering de-badging the rear, and the interior is getting re-trimmed bit by bit. I am getting the crome strip inserted into the black line (gap) on the rear bar (the top part - the factory bar). Got bonet pins, and I am removing the amber lense inside the Bluebird rear tail lights and replacing it with the clear indicator lense from inside the Australian deliverd tail lights. There were some dents to the center of my boot in that picture which are now removed.

I will get some new pictures as soon as I can. I should be able to put up some engine bay pics even sooner, as I am taking some pictures tomorow.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 12:04AM by HIRO »

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #41 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:14AM »
Hmm why didnt you post these pics earlier!  I had never seen your car till tonight, and dont think its as bad as people make it out to be at all.  I'm not a fan of grills in bonnet that are almost pointless, but probably looks better in the flesh (I hope).  Really dont mind the back end there though, the rear bar is nice.   But agree with the debadging of the rear... needs to be done.
But having said that, it really does need a paint job that screams "look at me" before I would really take a second look.  But nice work so far... keep at it.

Offline ashman01

• Thats Mr. Man01 to you.
  • post whore
  • Slowly getting there
« Reply #42 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:34AM »
Nice car. Altho just my opinion, but i like the back of a pintara better than a corsair.

Keep us updated!

Offline nazstang

• antrx.com full member
  • My Recipe: 2.4 + turbo = One Bad Motha Fucka
« Reply #43 on: Mar 31, 2006, 01:00AM »
nice car man, i don't know about saying the second best, but it's nice.  it doesn't matter how much money you spend, you can throw $40000 into a civic and my mustangs will eat it, chew it, and shit that piece of shit out the tailpipes. really though, i can appreciate hard work on any car, but dropping it off to a shop, and comming back with a check when  it's done, doesn't "make" a nice car.  Carrol Shelby said his favorite tuning shop(like foose and rad rides) is the 18 year old, that works in his little backyard.  who saves up for his parts, modifies and installs them himself.  he is the purest form of a car enthusiest.

i must agree, none of my cars have ever been to a mechanic, 100% of all the work, including custom fabbing and even paint, has been done by me.  and i feel very proud, even if i'm not the fastest guy at the track, or most bling-nling guy at the shows, everyone there gives me respect for my hard work and staying humble.  i suggest you humble yourself a bit more if you want these guys to show some respect.
-Nissan stanza ( KA-T)
-94 Cobra (modded)
- 88 Mustang LX (modded so much, not street legal)
- Suzuki gsx1000 (modded)
- Craftsman 54" 28 hp tractor (modded :) )

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #44 on: Mar 31, 2006, 01:17AM »
I know what you mean. There is a lot of sense in that, but its more the fact that they started all the crap years ago just because I was doing things different to every one else, because I was some what silent on specific things and cos I never put up pictures, and that they couldnt come to beleave I put in a v6.

Carrol Shelby said his favorite tuning shop(like foose and rad rides) is the 18 year old, that works in his little backyard.  who saves up for his parts, modifies and installs them himself.  he is the purest form of a car enthusiest.

I couldnt have said it better. Right on.

I have a lot of apreciation for people who work on cars themselves. My r31 was built in my own garrage at home with my friend all by ourselves, so I know what its like. There was also a lot of work I did myself on my Pintara too. Thanx for the apreciation. Keep up your good work.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 01:20AM by HIRO »

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #45 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:23AM »
Why the fuck do you have an attesa sticker on your rear window ?!

but im surprised... i like the rear bar.. it looks better than last time i saw it, just cut.. and two cannons..

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #46 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:48AM »
Thats a low blow. Its in the antrx guide book somewhere that "thou shallith never call another pintara (trx) a POS no-matterith how badly its owner abuses es it"

You weren't here when the first round of hiro's bullshit started.

I know what you mean. There is a lot of sense in that, but its more the fact that they started all the crap years ago just because I was doing things different to every one else, because I was some what silent on specific things and cos I never put up pictures, and that they couldnt come to beleave I put in a v6.

You come on here and make these outrageous claims, then when people question you, you don't back up your story with photographic evidence.
The whole point of these forums is to SHARE information, not post up outrageous claims and then tell everyone that "it's a secret".

Offline emuisme

• antrx.com full member
  • Slack kid on the block
« Reply #47 on: Mar 31, 2006, 07:01AM »
nice looking car.  I don't think the racing stripe looks too bad at all, I'm not saying I'd put one on my car, but I recken it suits yours.

While your taking some photo's of your engine bay can you Pretty pretty please take some photo's of the checker plate you were talking about in another post?  infact some general interior photo's would be fantastic, if you could? please?
I spent my money on sothern comfort and speeding fines, the rest I wasted.

Born to drive, forced to work!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #48 on: Mar 31, 2006, 10:48AM »
back on topic (i cant believe i wasted my time reading this) with a fair bit of modification a wrx bar will fit, its actually a fairly close fit to begin with, the lancer (the squarer one.. cb? i dunno) is also a reasonably close fit.. how do i know? test fitted both about 5 years ago.

definately not a bolt on by any stretch of the imagination, but definately not impossible. if you took it to a shop to be done, dont expect to get out of it for under $800

how do you all think custom kits are made? people dont start from scratch, not even the shops in most cases (i'm talking about in australia here), they take bits and pieces of other kits.. a big australian kit maker has a kit for the lancer which looks shit hot compared to stock.. its a modified stock proton satria kit, but you'd never pick it until you saw the two side by side..
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 10:51AM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #49 on: Mar 31, 2006, 12:51PM »
5 entries found for humble.

hum·ble   Audio pronunciation of "humble" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (hmbl)
adj. hum·bler, hum·blest

1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
   2. Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
   3. Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.

tr.v. hum·bled, hum·bling, hum·bles

1. To curtail or destroy the pride of; humiliate.
   2. To cause to be meek or modest in spirit.
   3. To give a lower condition or station to; abase. See Synonyms at degrade.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #50 on: Mar 31, 2006, 05:23PM »
Here's my efforts on a custom lip... just havnt had time to finish it off lately so its still fairly rough.  But I really feel it changes the appearance of the front bar.
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 05:25PM by Colby »

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #51 on: Mar 31, 2006, 06:45PM »
a big australian kit maker has a kit for the lancer which looks shit hot compared to stock.. its a modified stock proton satria kit, but you'd never pick it until you saw the two side by side..

sorry to be offtopic but... got link? ;D

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #52 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:03PM »
Here's my efforts on a custom lip... just havnt had time to finish it off lately so its still fairly rough.  But I really feel it changes the appearance of the front bar.

Nice. Its makes the car look tuff.

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #53 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:12PM »
Nice. Its makes the car look tuff.

Except for the pink hey Col... sorry mate, just kidding :D
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006, 11:15PM by Budgie »
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #54 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:25PM »
That is quite a neat rear bar. It needs to be debadged though, and I don't really like the GT stripes. The side skirts look a bit out of place, but meh... on the whole good work.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #55 on: Mar 31, 2006, 11:42PM »
That is quite a neat rear bar. It needs to be debadged though, and I don't really like the GT stripes. The side skirts look a bit out of place, but meh... on the whole good work.

Yeh, I mite end up changing the skirts eventualy, but not sure yet. They look a lot better in real life than in the photo. When I got them made I asked for them to be properly Arodynamic, so thats how they were made. But its the front bar and gearbox to worry about first at the moment. Its costed me a fortune for the gearbox modifications.

Thanks anyway.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #56 on: Apr 1, 2006, 12:33AM »
Except for the pink hey Col... sorry mate, just kidding :D

Thanks budge... think its cos its so dirty and havnt given the front half a cut and polish or wax.  Look at chris's... his looks the goods now after a bit of karate kid action.

Aerodynamics are somthing I didnt really think about when I did the lip... just did it to look a bit beefier.  HIRO i think your skirts look good... that photo just had a bad dark reflection so the doors looked like they came in alot.  and the fact that they are aerodynamic is a bonus eh :P

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #57 on: Apr 1, 2006, 01:47AM »
Why the fuck do you have an attesa sticker on your rear window ?!

Oh that, yeh, its old school now, beleave me, you don't wana go into it, I copped enough shit about puting 4wd in my car in the past, but with my new engine and modifications, I can't use the Attessa system unless I find a suitable box.  I have had that sticker for years, so its more centimental than anything. But with all the boxes I found in 4wd, the starter motor is on the opposite side of the gearbox, which is why I didnt end up using my N15 SR20 lsd box.  I will have to say though, at the moment I would rather be silent on which box I am using, but in time, I will reveal the box. Put it this way...It ain't a Nissan gearbox. That will get you thinking. If look in Project cars section, you can see the adapter plate.

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #58 on: Apr 1, 2006, 02:03AM »
I will have to say though, at the moment I would rather be silent on which box I am using, but in time, I will reveal the box.

rofl.

2 speed hondamatic?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #59 on: Apr 1, 2006, 06:18PM »
Rofl all you like mate, your just going to look stupid.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #60 on: Apr 1, 2006, 07:26PM »
Sorry it has to be said, but KA24ET > VG30ET.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #61 on: Apr 1, 2006, 07:32PM »
Sorry it has to be said, but KA24ET > VG30ET.

What do you mean? What's (KA24ET > VG30ET) mean? 

If your trying to say that a KA24ET is faster, your wrong. KA24ET is very quick, and its advantage beeing its light weight. But in a straight line, the VG30ET will win. Around the bends the KA can keep up, but KA's cannot handle high boost for long periods of time without causing oil leeks and headgaskets to crack. Your better of Turboing a DE-24 "ka24de", but even then, not as reliable as an SR20DET. The VG30E's downfall is that it is heavy, compared to a KA or SR, but can make up for it with its power, plus consider the fact that a Pintara is lighter than a 300ZX or Maxima etc. In the end, they are both good engines, both good in different erias. But the truth is, a VG30 is capable of producing more horsepower. perhaps make a thread in Tech Discussions a get votes. VG v's KA v's SR or something.
« Last Edit: Apr 1, 2006, 07:46PM by HIRO »

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #62 on: Apr 1, 2006, 09:14PM »
KA24ET is greater than VG30ET/SR20DET etc. That is purely the opiniion that myself and several others share.

Can't handle high boost causing oil leaks and headgaskets to fail? lol, the KA24DE is the SAME engine, with a different head.

The root cause of WHY the KA24 can't take high boost (>15psi) for any kind of long duration is usually down to poor tuning. The pistons aren't terribly fond of detonation, and this is when the ring lands fracture.
If the engine is tuned properly and detonation is absolutely minimal if not undetectable, the rods will typically fail around > 20 psi as they cannot cope with the increase in combustion chamber pressure, and bend like a bannana or snap and put holes in the block. Also, around the 20-25psi mark, a STOCK headgasket with stock headbolts tends to start lifting, causing headgaskets to blowout ususally.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #63 on: Apr 1, 2006, 10:26PM »
Well if thats your opinon, then fine. But from my experiance, I think otherwise. There all good engines anyway. But all I am trying to say, is that there is no way a Ka24 can reach the kind of HP a VG30 can, but no doubt the KA can achieve high results. Its just common sense that a 3 ltr v6 is greater. This is not about who has the bigest dick here man, cos thats the way your making it sound. Its probably best if you try going to drag comps, then you can push your engine to its limits and you will find that no matter how much you beleave your engine is fast, some ones gonna whoop you out there. I know cos its happend to me, thats why I upgraded to a 3 ltr v6, cos racing against Skylines with RB motors and 300zx's with VG's gave me a taste of what real power was. Hell, stock KA against stock SR, no problem, the KA is fine, even against stock RB20's, the KA gave them a good run, but RB25's, VG30's, no way. You could beat a Maxima because there heavy and usualy auto, but not a 5-speed 300zx or a Lorel. I have never driven a ka24 turbs, but I have driven an SR20DET 180 and an MX6 22 ltr turbo, so I got the picture, still damn fast. The best thing, is to get out there and race for yourself.

Offline nazstang

• antrx.com full member
  • My Recipe: 2.4 + turbo = One Bad Motha Fucka
« Reply #64 on: Apr 2, 2006, 09:11AM »
i think that what sss is trying to say is that the ka-t is a better choice performance wise, for us. and the ka takes the same or more punishment than a vg.  unless you get an already turboed vg(better internals), you've got a weak platform to boost, just like the ka.  the potential for power might be higher, but then again it's a 4banger vs. a V6.  put any vg against my mustangs, and i'll send it home crying.  all you need to do for a ka to be builtproof to 350-75 hp, is drop in forged pistons, and your all set.  the block holds, the HG holds, the forged stock rods are good to 400ish, crank is like a rock, ......... slap on a turbo, tune it right, and your all set.
-Nissan stanza ( KA-T)
-94 Cobra (modded)
- 88 Mustang LX (modded so much, not street legal)
- Suzuki gsx1000 (modded)
- Craftsman 54" 28 hp tractor (modded :) )

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #65 on: Apr 2, 2006, 11:53AM »
Does it really matter all that much anyway? in out little light weight FWD vehicles KW power is only useful up to about 220KW.  After that wheel spin will just be insane and render the extra HP useless... Talk to glen about how useful his 200+ KW are when taking off the line.  I think both engines are capable of 200+ fairly reliably.  Once we get our projects all on the strip we can end the debate and figure out which is truely the speed master in our car. SR20, KA24, VG30.

Suppose we are finished talking about custom body kits now?

Offline Suprasonik

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Re: custom body kits
« Reply #66 on: Apr 7, 2006, 12:11AM »
i custom fitted 2004 honda civic sideskirts on my pintara,as well as putting an 2000 model integra type r front lip looks pretty sick. will post sum pics up soon after respray..piaggio giallo..ferrari yellow!

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #67 on: Apr 8, 2006, 01:10PM »
Man this sounds good.  The newby comes on to blast this topic out of the water with some pretty cool little body mods, up with the pics!!!  ;D

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
Re: custom body kits
« Reply #68 on: Apr 9, 2006, 01:03AM »
i custom fitted 2004 honda civic sideskirts on my pintara,as well as putting an 2000 model integra type r front lip looks pretty sick. will post sum pics up soon after respray..piaggio giallo..ferrari yellow!

hehe.... "and outta left field, the newbie has a shot on goals...."

*we eagerly await pics to see if the shot is good....
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #69 on: Apr 15, 2006, 08:38PM »
wow this thread has alot in it and not much to do with body kits ;D

trx 1990 has a custom bar now didnt get the chance to ask him to much about it i was more concerned with my wheel that was about to fall off ill let him know to reply to this thread with his results.

Offline Darkness

« Reply #70 on: Apr 17, 2006, 02:48AM »
Hey I got a quote to have a custom evo7 front spoiler made and it was only going to cost $900.
But that was not painted or fited :o

Offline trx_1990

« Reply #71 on: Apr 17, 2006, 06:37PM »
hi everyone i did end up getting a subaru front body kit for my pintara it cost me $490 and then i payed some one $60 to get 3 inches cut out of the middle, i installed it myself it fits like a charm and didnt really cost all that much.
I just want to give people a tip about doing different things to your car, sure it is good to ask for advice and what people think on antrx.com but just because people say it cant be done doesnt mean it is true, when i first started this post people said there was no way that it would fit. Just make sure you dont just use one sorce of information before you give up.

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #72 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:04PM »
Please correct me if i'm wrong, but... I don't recall anyone actually saying that it can't be done at all.

what I do recall is several people saying that it's
a) not a cost efective mod.
b) alot of effort for little gain
c) it probably wouldn't look that good, or words to that effect

Feel free to discredit those points by posting some photographic samples of your work  :P

Offline Rake

• vrrrmm sssssh pstch
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • quack
    • http://www.tldr.com.au
« Reply #73 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:38PM »
Feel free to discredit those points by posting some photographic samples of your work  :P

Seconded.

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #74 on: Apr 17, 2006, 09:47PM »
hi everyone i did end up getting a subaru front body kit for my pintara it cost me $490 and then i payed some one $60 to get 3 inches cut out of the middle, i installed it myself it fits like a charm and didnt really cost all that much.
I just want to give people a tip about doing different things to your car, sure it is good to ask for advice and what people think on antrx.com but just because people say it cant be done doesnt mean it is true, when i first started this post people said there was no way that it would fit. Just make sure you dont just use one sorce of information before you give up.

GIVE ME IMAGES!

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #75 on: Apr 17, 2006, 11:27PM »
lol... what ever happened to this "supersonic" one hit wonder fellow who claimed to have all this cool stuff? basically turning his pinny into a honda :P

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #76 on: Apr 17, 2006, 11:28PM »
I'm thinkin of a 400R GTR front  bar with the pulsar mounts.

Offline trx_1990

« Reply #77 on: Apr 19, 2006, 02:30PM »
i just have to do one more thing to it and it would be done i will have photos in a week or two

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #78 on: Apr 19, 2006, 06:10PM »
i just have to do one more thing to it and it would be done i will have photos in a week or two

how good are your photoshop skills?

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #79 on: Apr 19, 2006, 06:35PM »
just have to do one more thing to it and it would be done i will have photos in a week or two

you mean the bodykit?  :P

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #80 on: Apr 20, 2006, 12:26AM »
Grow up guys, give him a chance to post some photographic samples of his work ::)

Offline Darkness

« Reply #81 on: Apr 20, 2006, 02:25AM »
Well Idecided to have a go at making my own,  I'm thinking something along the lines of an evo6 bar and a R34 bar haven't quit worked it out yet :o

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #82 on: Apr 20, 2006, 05:45PM »
he does have the bar. ive seen it when i bought a center cap off him. didnt have a good look at it. my wheel had come loose on the way to his house and i was more concerned about that at the time. but it does exist.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #83 on: Apr 20, 2006, 09:28PM »
Check these out, I came across them when browsing my u12 pictures on my computer, I have had them for quite some time:

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2006, 12:16AM by HIRO »

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #84 on: Apr 20, 2006, 09:29PM »
i remember seeing that a while ago,

fuken sex.

The only thing i dont like is the front bar, it makes the front of the car look huge, look at the headlights, it seems like the car is too tall..

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #85 on: Apr 20, 2006, 10:19PM »
The blue car is a SSS-R... ex NZ and the bodykit on it was factory nissan on the ZXE Bluebirds (one variant anyway) in NZ.

Fraz has the same style in red.

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #86 on: Apr 20, 2006, 11:33PM »
Check these out, I came across them when browsing my u12 pictures on my computer, I have had them for quite some time:

That gets me more excited than when i see chadza pull up next to me in his white beast :o
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2006, 11:39PM by bigpud2012 »

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #87 on: Apr 21, 2006, 01:30AM »
yeah... look mum no handles  :P
Not to mention the mags on that thing...mmmm that picture is sex on the beach

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #88 on: Apr 21, 2006, 06:59PM »
I was considering the gtir air scoop on the front of my car, simply for the fact that I want as much cold air going into my engine bay as possible, but with the gt stripes and all,  :-\ I'm not sure it will look that good, probably look a bit rude. Suggestions welcome!

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #89 on: Apr 21, 2006, 08:21PM »
I was considering the gtir air scoop on the front of my car, simply for the fact that I want as much cold air going into my engine bay as possible, but with the gt stripes and all,  :-\ I'm not sure it will look that good, probably look a bit rude. Suggestions welcome!

is your car still that light blue?

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #90 on: Apr 21, 2006, 09:48PM »
GTiR scoops are hideous HIRO, even on GTiR's I reckon!

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #91 on: Apr 21, 2006, 11:14PM »
Yeah HIRO, dw bout it man, just like meh.

It looks dumb and too bulky and i dont think there is a real function ey

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #92 on: Apr 22, 2006, 02:37AM »
that dark grey car is awsome. the front bar, the side skirts, the wheels, all go together really well. im curious as to what the rear bar looks like. you dont happen to have any pics of the rear bar.

Offline bondy

• the bond
« Reply #93 on: Apr 22, 2006, 02:52PM »

anyone know what the side skirts are off?  I'm guessing they are modded from some other car

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #94 on: Apr 22, 2006, 05:21PM »
some bmw skirts are similar.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #95 on: Apr 22, 2006, 05:40PM »
is your car still that light blue?

As you see it in the picture, yes!  But I am going to get a "Silver Pearl" underneath "Ice Blue" with candy coat some time in the future. I still wana keep GT stripes on my car. I was considering going a light Metalic Green or even Black, but that means I will have to re-paint the insides as well, and I don't think I wana spend that type of money on paint. So until I get a bigger pay rise with work, I will just go the Ice Blue for now, it will probably cost me $6000.  I will probably give the gtiR scoop a mis, I will probably change to a new bomet like a custom fiver glass bonet similar to the s14 s15s have with vents. Other than that, I am still happy with the way my bonet looks, its just too heavy, so I wana change it to fiberglass and I got a Pulsar GTI-R bonet I found for $150, I figured I may be able to get it modified to suit my car, as they are much smaller, I could get the scoop taken off I suppose.  I find that u12 bonets way far too much.   Anything I do to my car, I don't wana over kill, it has to look slick and suit the shape of the car.
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2006, 03:08PM by HIRO »

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #96 on: Apr 22, 2006, 08:33PM »
some bmw skirts are similar.

yeah was thinkin that - (from the pic) these just don't hav to little circle bits at either end of the skirt to jack the car up!
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline u12-910

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #97 on: Apr 23, 2006, 12:09AM »
i prefer the look of those skirts over the trx ones. i nearly got similar ones for the bluey. they generally sell for $150 to $200 unpainted and measured to fit your car.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #98 on: Apr 26, 2006, 10:23AM »

if you read back a few pages i said that the wrx front bar would fit with minimal mods

Offline Darkness

« Reply #99 on: Apr 27, 2006, 02:24AM »
Yes Noss you did say that, but not everyone wants a WRX front bar on their U12.

Well I have roughly made the mould for my custom front bar, and will post some picks when I am all done step by step so others can make their own. hows that sound? ::)

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #100 on: Apr 28, 2006, 12:19PM »
sounds good because..

Offline Gangstanza

• Iexbeta
« Reply #101 on: Apr 28, 2006, 12:35PM »
And Noss, my payment for that ECU chip is worthless without you acknowledging I paid... haha.. :P

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #102 on: Apr 28, 2006, 12:48PM »
i'm not at home to reply to my email at home :P but yes, just checked paypal, its recieved but uncleared, when it clears i'll email you  ;D