Author Topic: costom body kits  (Read 28890 times)

Offline trx_1990

• antrx.com junior member
costom body kits
« on: Mar 11, 2006, 02:39PM »
hi i just had a question i want to ask if any one knows where abouts in Adelaide i could get costom body kits installed i have read a couple of forums on antrx that have all stated that the Subaru body kit fits on the u12 pintara with slight modifications so i went to a few panel beaters today and all of them said they will not touch any thing like that if any one knows of a places in Adelaide that would attempt this would be really helpful thanks

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
    • My Company/Personal Website
Re: costom body kits
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2006, 05:10PM »
that sounds weird to me that no one would attempt it... especially if you provide the bumper yourself
as for place that would definately do it nfi sorry! :S

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2006, 03:29PM »
Look in yellow pages for bodykit installers/spoiler shops.

The yellow pages btw in case you were wondering is the big thick book that is the same colour as piss.
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2006, 03:49PM »
okay, now don't you see something a bit strange here....?  if subaru body kits fit the pintara, then why does nobody have them?
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted

Offline [TRX2NV]

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2006, 04:28PM »
Your on drugs mate. I just did a search on the forums and no such thread exists.

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2006, 11:12PM »
I remember discussion about Silvia kits and seeing photos of pulsar kits on the u12, but really not sure how a Subie kit would go... think they are probably mounted way differently. I imagine only the skirts could be made to fit, but the job would be just as expensive as a full custom job I would imagine.

Conclusion: dont bother... if you want a Subie kit, buy the car to go with it.

Offline STU84W

• antrx.com junkie
  • Sifu
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2006, 08:20PM »
I remember discussion about Silvia kits and seeing photos of pulsar kits on the u12, but really not sure how a Subie kit would go...

there was something recently about s13 silvia and pulsar kits going on, but again, i'll draw everyone to the same conclusion as the suby kit

if it worked, and looked good, more people would have already done it.
Project Siltara has been chipped, nismofied and getting exhausted

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2006, 09:06PM »
maybe its cos hes from Adelaide that mr trx_1990 thinks a suby front bar can fit on the TRX!

Myself id prefer a kia sportage kit   ;D

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2006, 06:39AM »
and i'd prefer the trx kit !  ::)
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

to be fair, it wouldn't be ANTRX if we stayed on topic.

and if someone wasn't cranky at Chr1s for something he said...

Offline TRXXX

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2006, 03:45PM »
yeh id rather the trx kit then the suby one... it aint that special

Offline nizu12

• antrx.com junior member
  • Banned.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2006, 12:37AM »
Your car is a Nissan Pintara, body kits for pintaras fit them. Suburu body kits fit Suburus. Aside from the mounts being completey different, have you thought about the shape? Do you really want to spend $1200 or more on a body kit, then cut it to pieces trying to get to fit, then more than likely failing. Not a good Idea. If you're really determined, Buy a 2nd hand TR.X body kit and Have it customised. Try all the close or neighbouring wrecking yards, failing that try other places and have it sent to you.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2006, 11:23PM »
i went to a few panel beaters today and all of them said they will not touch any thing like that

Thats cos their lazy and couldnt be stuffed, they said the same thing to me when I needed a kit, but I finaly found a place. There is two that will be happy to do it. Just message me personaly for details.
« Last Edit: Apr 1, 2006, 01:20AM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2006, 02:30PM »
Dude, if your going to the extent that you found a place blah blah blah.. you might as well just say where you got it done, so when people search in the future they can see that such and such bodykits did one for you and thus eliminating new threads/more questions for people in your area.
Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2006, 03:38PM »
oh but Chris that'd be giving too much away in the cut throat world of car modifying for fun. There is far too much at stake for that.
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2006, 04:24PM »
oh but Chris that'd be giving too much away in the cut throat world of car modifying for fun. There is far too much at stake for that.

ROFL! ;D

and wow hiro came back out of nowhere? whats going on? :O

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2006, 05:03PM »

indeed.

Offline Barnett

• antrx.com senior member
  • Not So Stock Ride, Banging Your Mum 24/7 :D
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2006, 06:17PM »
its easy ppl, customise it yourself. cut the bottom of you stock bar off and the cut the top off the f00lly sik (yes i have a low IQ - or i'm taking the piss) bar you want to put on join it up.....fiberglass, bit of bog voila you have a f00lly sik (yes i have a low IQ - or i'm taking the piss) custom kit! i know for sure if you took this route that a N14 pulsar front bar will fit just look at Flogtara's old front bar. it was the right width but just needed the top half of the stock bar and it would have been schmick! as for mounts, that would be easy. its suprising how much you can do with fiberglass.

[Barnett]
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2006, 06:19PM by Not So Stock Ride »
Mmmmm Turbo Mini Chopper Anyone?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:39PM »

::) Yeh, people could die for that shit. Might end up in a river some where with your feet buried in cement.  ::)

Common, seirously - Think for a minute, would you want some one puting your house address and number on the internet?....Nooo!  Cos a lot of what I do to my car is all private work from private profesionals. I'm finished chating here now anyway, cos I waste my time with you guyz.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2006, 10:34PM by HIRO »
"Druggies and Speed Junkies both O.D, but the difference between the two is that a Druggie overdoses, while the Speed Junkie over drives"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2006, 08:55PM »
I have made some body kit stuff in the past, but i'm just too busy to help anyone else out these days... Basically if you want to get someone to take you seriously with this stuff you will have to wave money in their face first before you tell them what you want.  A guy here in Geelong seems he will give anything a go, does plenty of custom VW kits and Commonhore kits, all he would need is a stock bumper and he could make it work for ya... but at a pretty nasty cost i would think!  One off custom kits = $$$  :o

Offline chr1S

• r&d team
  • post whore
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2006, 06:39AM »
Well if your that much of a mad kun t   and can't tell people where your kit was done, don't bother posting at all mate.. piss off to some other forums like autosalon or hot4's where you want to be one day....oh and gt stripes will really get you somewhere.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #20 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:05AM »
Common, seirously - Think for a minute, would you want some one puting your house address and number on the internet?....Nooo!  Cos a lot of what I do to my car is all private work from private profesionals. I'm finished chating here now anyway, cos I waste my time with you guyz.

So what he's trying to say is that it's dodgy backyard work that is being done for cash, it's a pity he didn't post the details so we could inform the ATO of this hektik madness and put an end to ugly kits on U12's and anything else they would touch.

Offline bondy

• antrx.com senior member
  • the bond
« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2006, 03:38PM »
....oh and gt stripes will really get you somewhere.

lol, you'd been holding that one back for a while, eh chris :P

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #22 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:39PM »
Well if your that much of a mad kun t   and can't tell people where your kit was done, don't bother posting at all mate..

Ah, that was a joke mate I was being sarcastic because of Chads remark - the part about geting thrown in a river. Duh

So what he's trying to say is that it's dodgy backyard work that is being done for cash, it's a pity he didn't post the details so we could inform the ATO of this hektik madness and put an end to ugly kits on U12's and anything else they would touch.

No, some of the best jobs are backyard jobs, a well known fact in the automotive industry. No one is under time limits to do things, and this guy is actualy a profesional boat builder, so he is bloody brilliant with his work.

oh and gt stripes will really get you somewhere.

Yes they will, they are one of the most favoured features on my car by most people actualy. If you don't like it, I couldnt give a shit, you got bad taste, then thats your problem. I'm quite happy with them.

you might as well just say where you got it done, so when people search in the future they can see that such and such bodykits did one for you and thus eliminating new threads/more questions for people in your area.

For shit sakes, one place is called "Advanced Spoilers and Body Kits", not far from Pickles Auctions (in Adelaide). They have some good sideskirts and a nice rear bar. I didn't like the front bar mutch, but they can make anything to suit your car. Hope your satisfied, but for those of you not in SA, its more difficult. This is the only contact I can give you, he never worked on my car, but ther are things I wish to buy from him in the future. The web address is as follows: www.advancedbodykits.com.  There is not much on there but at least you have the contact now.

Hope your satisfied, have fun,

Laters!
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006, 01:50AM by HIRO »

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2006, 12:03AM »
You know i gotta hand it to HIRO for that last post... all you guys are giving him so much shit and after it i'm supprised he is still even on here.  But thanks for coming around and posting some details in the end dude  ;)

Though you are on the defensive foot at the moment, can understand you not wanting to have a car the same as someone else's but no need to kick up a fuss and not reccomend places to people.  Personally I thought car modding was all about expressing yourself through your vehicle.  Just because others are interested in where you got stuff, doesnt make your car any lesser an expression of yourself.

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #24 on: Mar 30, 2006, 01:09AM »
I know what your saying, but its just that if my car is at one of those places, and some of these people know it, I run the risk of damage being done to my car, thats my main reason, because I have had people scratch, dent and steel stuff before. Not a good feeling at all. I just hope these guyz eventualy learn to grow up. I am happy to help, as long as I don't keep copping the same old shit time after time. again. 

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #25 on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:04AM »
Why the fuck would anyone from HERE bother wasting the ENERGY to steal and/or damage YOUR property? Do you think that you can look down your nose at us and accuse EVERYONE on here that they would waste the time to damage/steal your property?

Offline HIRO

• antrx.com junkie
  • V6 3000
« Reply #26 on: Mar 30, 2006, 02:01PM »
Why the fuck would anyone from HERE bother wasting the ENERGY to steal and/or damage YOUR property? Do you think that you can look down your nose at us and accuse EVERYONE on here that they would waste the time to damage/steal your property?

I wouldnt say "everyone", you said that not me. I'm just being cautious, as I don't know you guyz personaly, nothing wrong with being cautious. As for your hobby in anoying me, I think it would be best that we get of this topic, were here to talk about body kits.

Offline VladIvanovic

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2006, 02:38PM »
I wouldnt say "everyone", you said that not me. I'm just being cautious, as I don't know you guyz personaly, nothing wrong with being cautious. As for your hobby in anoying me, I think it would be best that we get of this topic, were here to talk about body kits.

unfortunately unless you go nationally you wont meet most of them? so dont be so uptight? :/

Offline TRXXX

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2006, 03:43PM »
what does everyone have against HIRO?

Offline bungs

• post whore
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2006, 03:55PM »
For shits and giggles here's a PM i got from Mr Hiro himself.

"What is up with you Chris? What have I ever done to you for you to try and make a fool of me. To see what you are getting at?! WHAT! Cos you think I don't do what I say I do? Why pick on me, I have the second best Pintara after Sir_Trx's if people beleave it or not, and its only in early stages. I already have 250 HP at the wheels, and thats only with stock ballbaring Turbo, which is currently not in the car cos I'm doing some internals and gearbox modifications. But in good time, you will see, so why stir me up for nothing?"