Author Topic: eBay Saftey  (Read 1468 times)

Offline MattJohn

• antrx.com senior member
eBay Saftey
« on: Aug 10, 2012, 07:55AM »
Theres a few pairs of front rotors (slotted) for a U13 on eBay, which is an easy upgrade from the U12 brakes.
I think they're fair priced at: ~ $200 inc Post.

My main concern is that brakes are obviously pretty important, so what's your opinion on the eBay rotors? Can't have brakes failing ect half way across Nebo lol.

Offline Douce

• antrx.com junior member
Re: eBay Saftey
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5, 2012, 06:53PM »
These days you get what you pay for!

By this I mean if you want a car part for example and one vendor has a model for sale for say $100 and another seller has a similar part for $50

Then do not expect the same performance or product life from the one you paid 50 bucks for!

Same applies on eBay you get the value commensurate with the price you pay...

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: eBay Saftey
« Reply #2 on: Dec 6, 2012, 10:08AM »
i guess first up, you need the u13 calipers to work with the u13 rotors. thought i'd just point that out lol.

as per what douce is saying, if you buy something cheap, chances are it is. i have recently bought rda/ebc brakes for cheap on ebay though, but it was an end of stock special in which they were marked down by the vendor.

all those really cheap (around/under $200) slotted/drilled rotors from melbourne, i would be very wary of them. its awfully tempting, but as you say, probably not worth the risk. the main ebay shop i'm talking about is this one but there are others like it.

if you buy the brands though, there is usually nothing wrong with them. you will find that a lot of the time it is a small automotive shop selling at their trade price.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like