Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 40148 times)

Offline bigpud2012

• "I drive a pissweak auto"
  • post whore
    • RSI - Adelade Sports Imagery - Clipsal 500 Classic Adelaide etc
Re: Cycling
« Reply #30 on: Feb 4, 2006, 07:46PM »
abosolute beast arent they!!

just cant get any speed out of her atm, need to wear the tyres down a bit

Offline NISMO_31

• antrx.com junior member
  • HR31 GTS Coupe
« Reply #31 on: Mar 6, 2006, 06:53PM »
abosolute beast arent they!!

just cant get any speed out of her atm, need to wear the tyres down a bit

Yeah, very solid bike aswell, better than the Haro I test rode.

Finally got a pic, got a red one as they go faster  :D

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
  • self confessed antrx cycling nut
« Reply #32 on: Mar 6, 2006, 07:28PM »
just thought i'd quickly let u guys know about the little adventure round lysterfield....

last Sunday i went out to Lysterfield park - where they're having the commwealth games for those not in the know - and was bloody awesome! all up, there's 10 tracks/trails of varying technicality for you to ride about on. two of me mates from work and i rode for about 2 - 2.5 hours exploring the joint and seeing what (not) capable of.

the day started off fairly badly as me mate left his skewer for his rear wheel in the car park where i picked him up. so while i waited at lysterfield park, me other two mates drove off to goldcross cycles in narre warren/fountain gate. then the next drama was about 10 mins into our ride, me rear wheel caught the edge of a rock and i got a freakin puncture - 2nd one in 2 weeks! luckily i had a spare and was able to change it over quickly.

there's some really good free flowing single track trails and a few trails that have "little" log sections to ride over - by the end i was fair fcuked! but i'll be back there.... if anyone else wants to taste what the commonwealth games track is like and a range of the other trails there, or just wanna hav a thrash round some quality trails - after all, they did spend like 3 million on getting the park up to scratch! - let me know and we'll set up somthing!

peace out

« Last Edit: Mar 7, 2006, 11:26PM by TRXJon »
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #33 on: Mar 19, 2006, 12:15AM »
Yeah, very solid bike aswell, better than the Haro I test rode.

Finally got a pic, got a red one as they go faster  :D

that is exactly the same as mine mate, EXACTLY!

love riding it!

Offline Joczy

• antrx.com junkie
  • feed me guiness
« Reply #34 on: Mar 26, 2006, 10:52AM »
ive got a Cell brand bike, down hill style with dual suspension dual crown front forks and disk brakes front and rear, i spent ages trying to find a bike with good components and the right price eg most shimano gear latest model parts etc. It goes pretty good and ive ridden it about 300ks since before christmas. its comfortable on the road and the rear suspension doesnt seem to squat too much. off road its a weapon its holds its own really well and ive given it alot of shit. great handling on rugged bush trails, but i wouldnt take it off too many 1mtr drops! the only prob ive got is steep uphill off road where sumtimes the rear shock takes the brunt before its all transferred to the wheels. i was a bit dubious going from a well known name mtb, but this newby certainly put me in my place.

check it out

cheers, cam

"It's darkest before dawn so if u want to steel ur neighbours newspaper thens the time to do it"

Offline DsTR.X

« Reply #35 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:43AM »
I've got two fairly old bikes. a gemini mtb, great bike, no trouble with it and it has taken lots of thrashing over the years, and a road bike, lenny rogers frame with shimano sti's and derailers - i used to do a bit a racing.

I'm looking to buy a new mtb, what would u recommend (seems as though gt's are pretty good)
Damo Says: Proofread carefully to see if you any words out

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #36 on: Mar 28, 2006, 04:05PM »
I'm looking to buy a new mtb, what would u recommend (seems as though gt's are pretty good)

hehe, i think its just by chance that quite a few ppl here have GT's.... whenever i go riding, bugger all ppl have GT's....

having said that, go get one!  ;)  depending on the type of mtb'ing u plan to do, but for most ppl, the "Avalanche" series offer good value for money. I'm pretty sure that the lower number on the avalanche series (ie: avalanche 0.0, 0.5, 1.0....) then the higher spec the bike is. me mate brought a GT Avalanche 3.0 at the start of this year which is fairly well spec'ed for the price. plus u can always talk turkey with the bike shop dude/dudette and get them to chuck in a free helmet, bottle cage &/or lights....  Giant mtb's r usually good value too. Trek and Avanti are worth checkin out, and unless u plan to do "north shore" riding, then i'd forget about Norco

good luck with it man, if u want any more help, don't hessitate to ask!
If somebody asks you, "can I ask you a question?" and you say, "no",  you're actually answering a question. Think about it....

Offline DsTR.X

« Reply #37 on: Mar 29, 2006, 02:13PM »
Thanks Jon, I'm gonna check out the bike shop soon, just got to get some more $$$  ;)
mmm, i think i might go for a ride now...
Damo Says: Proofread carefully to see if you any words out

Offline bigpud2012

• post whore
« Reply #38 on: Apr 15, 2006, 12:06AM »
hehe, i think its just by chance that quite a few ppl here have GT's.... whenever i go riding, bugger all ppl have GT's....

yeah must be some relationship with the pintara and the GT

Offline NISMO_31

• HR31 GTS Coupe
« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2006, 03:41PM »
yeah must be some relationship with the pintara and the GT
My GT matches the GT badges on the skyline  ;D

Offline Chadza

• antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
  • B4 what?
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2006, 04:37PM »
hehe, I have a GT too...

just need to find a picture of it.

Went for a good 1.5 hr ride today with a mate through a park, did 15km of trails all up which was good. Only the second ride I have done in about a year!  :-\

EDIT: Meh, can't find it, but its a Red and White GT 'Aggressor' hardtail. Getting on a bit these days...about 7 years old at least I think.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 04:50PM by ChadzaTRX »
First a Silver TRX, then a White TRX...whats next? Game Boy-Clear style TRX?

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2006, 07:27PM »
hey guys i've been looking at a new road bike, went to the bike shop and the guy there suggested the giant ocr zero.. normal price is $2200-2300 and the guy has said i can ride out the door for $1960

what you guys reckon?

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Jecks

• antrx.com pit crew
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
    • antrx.com
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2006, 11:25PM »
going to buy me one of these soon...

the only bicycle kawasaki made  :P
I'm sick of my knob going all floppy and loose in my hand  :P 
I've been on probation for 21 years, can't make a decision without consulting the wife first  ::)

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 11:43PM »
hey man, looks pretty good! hav u offered to pay all in cash up front? cos they usually drop the price even more then....

check this out: http://www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453&start=0

but i dare say it is too big for ya.... as ur about the same size as me - maybe a little bit bigger/taller - and i ride a small sized frame....

good luck
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:49PM by Harold »

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2006, 08:42AM »
yeh cant afford cash up front, he dropped it to $1960 and still offered layby for the lower price. its a nice bike, carbon fibre rear end and forks, carbon fibre seat post and carbon fibre seat.. i might have my colours confused, but i'm pretty sure the new 2006 model is black.. suits me even more :P

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2006, 01:24PM »
that's pretty good then ryan, go get!

u should get at a year's of free servicing too, most bike shops do em (esp at those four figures!) - or at least the first one is free!  ::)

mmmm, carbon fibre.... so good!

speakin of ridin atm, i'm about to go deliver jay's fire extinguisher and bracket to him. tis a nice for ridin - its actually sunny outside! 1st time in like weeks!

hope u hav fun with the bike ryan, good luck!

PS: try and get em to throw in free accessory stuff like lights, bottle, bottle cage.... when i picked up my bike, i was waitin around for the dude to fix up payment, so in the meantime i grabbed a bottle cage off the shelf and chucked it on!  :P   ;)

Offline LC_TRX

• antrx.com senior member
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2006, 02:30PM »
love to ride my specialiized hardrock mtb down anything that will give me an andreniline rush. no mods to it but i ride the crap out of it!!!

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #47 on: Aug 28, 2007, 11:13PM »
ok well here is my new bike.. budgie wanted a look see, so i'll post it up.. as i previously posted, i was looking at the giant ocr zero first up, but i havent been doing much riding over the last few months so i thought i'd get myself something new, but cheaper.. so i settled for an ocr3, its an '06 model that was in the showroom, so its brand new, but cause the '08 models have just been released the price was dropped from $1100 to $700. its got upgraded cranks and pedals, carbon saddle and upgraded to michelin tyres, otherwise its pretty standard.. standard fare on these being carbon forks and seat pole, shimano sora gear (so good gear but not the best) and those fancy schmancy gear changers that i cant think of what they're called right now

took it for a 20km ride the day i bought it, and it rained every day after that until sunday, so i went out for a 40km ride sunday. its just so nice to ride compared to my old bike, i just keep riding and riding where as the old bike i'd ride 10-15km a day and that'd be it i couldnt do any more. and the bike weighs maybe 1/3 of what my old one weighs.. so yeh, very happy so far. good to get back into it.

« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2007, 11:19PM by noss »

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #48 on: Aug 28, 2007, 11:18PM »
Excellent noss!! Looks the goods mate.

I will have to take a shot of my old mans bike and post it up, carbon everything running a campy drive-train.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #49 on: Aug 31, 2007, 12:36AM »
hot stuff noss! this time of the year is good if you're in the market for a pushy, as next year's models start to come in and so most bike stores wanna make room  8)

was lookin at the TCR and OCR range from giant when i was in the market a few months back. the TRC range is a bit more race orientated in its geometry; OCR has a more 'relaxed' setup. was uber close to gettin an OCR C2 or C1, but opted for somethin different....

that's new new toy that i've been ridin around since i've pretty much destroyed me mtb after a crash.... tho the drivetrain was on its way out anyways!  :P   :D  anywho, as you can see, its an Azzurri 'Forza' roadie, full monocoque carbon frame, shimano ultegra drivetrain/brakes/shifters, plus thought id even go carbon on the bottle cages!  ::)  (so wank!  :P   :D  )

as for the mtb....

as you can see with this bike.... well it hardly is a bike atm! rebuilding it!  ;D  so i've been ordering stuff from the bike shop and net (www.torpedo7.com.au is a god sent! i'd HIGHLY recommend you guys check it out if you haven't done so - their prices shits all over retail prices!)

and just for good measure....

took that photo the other nite quickly after work in the car park. i should get some better ones....

anywho peeps, stop bein a lazy ass and go for a ride!
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2007, 12:42AM by TRXJon »

Offline NISMO_31

• HR31 GTS Coupe
« Reply #50 on: Oct 8, 2007, 07:01PM »
My GT finally got an upgrade  :D

The Promax mechanical disk brakes that came with the bike sucked a fat one so I did a small upgrade this afternoon to Hayes hydraulic disc brakes with 8" rotors  :P

Should have no problems stopping now.

Before:

After:

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #51 on: Oct 8, 2007, 07:34PM »
Nice, Hayes stoppers have always been kickass :)
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #52 on: Oct 9, 2007, 04:27PM »
Well I took my old school Malvern Star 'outlaw' to the bike shop to get some repairs the other day, I knew every single bearing it had was broke so I told the bloke that, he added up what it needed ontop of regular servicing, new brake cables etc and it worked out to about $200, a bit pricey.  t'was a good bike when it ran (55k's up hill  ;D) but it was time to move on.

The povo bike he had in the shop was about $300, but i wanted something a little more classy with dampened forks and disc brakes baby. So after a toss up between the Avanti and the Giant heres what i ended up with, Picked it up on sat for $499 and haven't even had a chance to ride it cos of weather/busy  :(

I did however have time to chuck my lights and trip computer on.

Man i miss the days when a pushie was my only mode of transport, This will give me the motivation to get back into it too  :)
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #53 on: Oct 10, 2007, 12:46AM »
nice one on the pick up! LOVE THE BIKES!  8)

....Man i miss the days when a pushie was my only mode of transport....

LOL, know EXACLTY what u mean! b4 i got me driver's licence, used to just ride everywhere.... but since gettin the little plastic card and behind the wheel, can't imagine how i got around in the first place!  :D

tho that's changin now, as these days i'm spendin more on me bike than i am on me car  :P

hav fun with the pushy, now get out and ride!

Offline rathies

• post whore
« Reply #54 on: Oct 11, 2007, 01:06AM »
just got back from a mild 10k ride, damn this is a good bike. I dont know if i regret opting for dampened forks or not yet, I'm very used to how solid forks handle. The main downfall is i can't get any air off kerbs  :'( No biggie i guess, at least they have less chance of bending.

I'm so used to driving a car now i keep feeling around for a high-beam switch so I can see more. I've got a little cat eye led light, its good but I think i need one a little brighter, suggestions anyone?? I dont ride during the day because I never have time.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2007, 01:08AM by rathies »
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #55 on: Oct 11, 2007, 01:25AM »
majoirty of LED's in the bike store will only give off enuf light for cars to see you - ie: be seen, not to see. its not until u get like a 1W LED or more that it will giv off enuf light for you to actually see with.

if there's enuf street light for you to see with, then the cateye one u hav should be sufficient. however, if u want more light to actually light up the street/path/trail, then there are a few units around - all depends on how much u wanna spend!

cateye, knog, niteflux, cygolite, topeak, niterider, vetta, blackburn, lupine an HID technologies all do really good halogens/LED lights designed for trail riding - obviously givin off enuf light to light up the trail

Offline rathies

• post whore
« Reply #56 on: Oct 11, 2007, 01:35AM »
the cateye does pretty well in complete darkness. I guess I just gotta get used to not being able to see much again heh, I used to do heaps of riding with the same light, just been a while thats all  ;)

Offline cruizer

• post whore
« Reply #57 on: Oct 11, 2007, 06:56PM »

cateye, knog, niteflux, cygolite, topeak, niterider, vetta, blackburn, lupine an HID technologies all do really good halogens/LED lights designed for trail riding - obviously givin off enuf light to light up the trail

You can tell you work in a bike shop hey  ;D

Out of curiosity: All these lights you talk about, how are they powered? Generally batteries or they go off the bike?

Offline Jtas

• Sarcasminator
  • antrx cruise monkey
  • post whore
« Reply #58 on: Oct 11, 2007, 07:03PM »
...So after a toss up between the Avanti and the Giant heres what i ended up with...

Well at least you got a decent brand drink bottle! ;D

Offline Carbon-goodness

• On ya bike!
  • post whore
« Reply #59 on: Oct 12, 2007, 12:11AM »
You can tell you work in a bike shop hey  ;D

Out of curiosity: All these lights you talk about, how are they powered? Generally batteries or they go off the bike?

LOL, smart ass!

these lights are all powered by a rechargable battery. depending on model and usage/function, batteries will last anywhere between 3-6 hours. this is pretty good seeing as they provide a HUGE amount of light compared to the 'normal' LEDs.