Author Topic: ECM & Handbrake issues  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Morjo

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • new kid on the block
ECM & Handbrake issues
« on: Oct 1, 2005, 11:56AM »
Hi

First up my brake, ECM and I think handbrake light on the ECM light up for like a second then turn off again every now and then while driving, the brakes and car performance in general are good so I don't see why those lights should be flashing on. Any ideas why it's happening?

Also on another subject the handbrake button you push down to release the handbrake, is not sticking out as much as it use to be, it's stuck further down the handbrake now, but I can still release the handbrake. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks heaps

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: ECM & Handbrake issues
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2, 2005, 11:54PM »
The brake light means there isn't enough brake fluid in the master cylinder.

I think the problem with your handbrake would probably be that something has fallen into your centre console and is jamming your handbrake from going down all the way. you'd probably have to take out your centre console to check that. from memory, there are two screws either side of the back pocket in the centre console (you might need to pull your seats out to get to these), 2 either side of the front pocket and 2 under the dish that pops out from below the handbrake lever.

For the ECM light, do a diagnostic code check listed in the ES section of the service manual here: http://www.antrx.com/smf/index.php?topic=7177.0
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!