Author Topic: bad shuddering, car veers to right had wheel aliignment 2 months ago  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Jay1990corsair

• antrx.com junior member
Its only happened recently, I have not hit any kerbs or potholes at all, has the mechanic screwed up and not tightened everything up right or is it something else? its aslo got bad shuddering in the steering while driving,  I know its got such a broad range of problems it could be, but yeah, But I'm going to scrap this car when i get the money to buy a new one I've had it with these U12 shitboxes
so...my car is pretty dirty...

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
If your mechanic has done something to the car its a bit hard to blame the 'u12 shitboxes' for your problems.

What work did the mechanic do to the car?

If he did any work with the front hubs, they may not be done tight enough, causing a problem with the wheel bearing. As one example, but like you said with the very generic description we cant help you until you tell us a bit more about what has been done to the car recently.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
a u12 is limited to what you can do wheel alignment wise to stop the car pulling left or right.
they only have toe, no castor and if standard not really camber.

something will be stuffed or loose. jack it up and check for play in joints and bushes or
may be even a bad tire.

Offline Jay1990corsair

• antrx.com junior member
Yeah I've figured that i may just look at it underneath, but yeah, I've been the person whose kept this car running all these years, but after i've done so much work to keep this car just funtioning as normal, I've finally had it, Its a ca20...so theres a big problem there, and its got a warped block,fucked engine mounts, its suspension has sagged in the back and it cant drive straight to save its life, so yeah I've had it with this corsair....I'm buying a falcon lol...
so...my car is pretty dirty...

Offline dozer

• antrx.com junkie
apart from the block it should all be a straight forward fix, mounts, bushes and springs.
sure you can find a ca or even a det one somewhere.  ;)

Offline deadant

• antrx.com junkie
rims might be stuffed... or and ur steering rack is stuffed.. and ca's aint that bad..

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Its only happened recently, I have not hit any kerbs or potholes at all, has the mechanic screwed up and not tightened everything up right or is it something else? its aslo got bad shuddering in the steering while driving,  I know its got such a broad range of problems it could be, but yeah, But I'm going to scrap this car when i get the money to buy a new one I've had it with these U12 shitboxes

Sounds like a worn tie-rod joint.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!