Author Topic: Worn Brakes  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
Worn Brakes
« on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:18AM »
So my brakes were squeeling pretty badly during december so knew I had to change my pads, got some new ones the other week from supercheap just needed to find time to put them in.  I was just hopeing the old pads would last till after christmas when I have some hollidays and time to change them over.
This week I had to do a trip to Melbourne (from geelong).  Got to about Werribee on the way up and the front corner starts making noises and clearly my pads were self destructing.  Missed the target by 1 week :(

Now I have a slight mini wave pattern (like corrigations) across my brake disk.  Is that going to cause me a problem with the new pads? or will it be ok?

Offline Kranzy

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12 - SR20DET
Re: Worn Brakes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:57AM »
Get your rotors machined.
Quote from: noss
learnt something new just then, dont eat baked bean sandwhiches while changing the paper in the copier

"Noss is GOD"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2009, 12:04PM »
Thats what i had feared... $50 later.  Could have almost grabbed sleepa's upgraded ones for a little extra :(

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2009, 05:51PM »
getting disc machined doesnt cost much, i was quoted 17 or 7 dollar something each rotor if i took them off the car and brought it too them, and its a piece of piss to remove the discs on our cars.
"Noss is God"

Offline Colby

• post whore
  • KA24DE powered TRX
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2009, 08:48AM »
Suppose I'll take it into a place and get them to change my CV boots at the same time.  :)
I originally thought it was my CV joint making the noises, brakes are slightly easier to fix I think :)