Author Topic: more cooling issues....lol  (Read 1593 times)

Offline nstg8a

• antrx.com full member
more cooling issues....lol
« on: Jun 4, 2009, 03:29PM »
riiight, this one has me a bit confused...

drove to work yesterday, all was normal, when all of a sudden, and i mean in the space of a few hundred metres, the temp gauge went from normal to hot, not quite off the scale but not far off...at the same time it developed a bad miss,, felt like it was only running on two cylinders, limped it to work, about another 500 metres away.

when i got there i popped the bonnet and there was coolant all over the passenger side of the engine bay, from the radiator to the firewall...

after work, i filled it up with water again, and drove it home, missing and farting the whole way, pretty much convinced myself it had cracked the head, or done the head gasket in... got home, no more coolant in the engine bay, but radiator was damn low again, but it hadnt got hot.

stressed about it last night, decided stuff it, im gonna flick it for whatever i can get for it and buy another daily in the weekend.

topped it up again to get to work this morning, drove perfect, not a single miss ::)checked the water at work, empty. :o weird.

topped it up to get home, drove fine again, checked coolant level, had used a little, but level was just above the top of the fins. :-[

beginning to think its possessed. i cant find any leaks in radiator or hoses, cant see water leaks down the block, ie if frost plug had given up.

coolant had to come from somewhere lol

Offline nstg8a

• antrx.com full member
Re: more cooling issues....lol
« Reply #1 on: Jun 4, 2009, 03:32PM »
oh, and oil is still just oil, no sign of any water in there....

oil cap is normal, no hokey pokey lol

Offline DAN

• antrx.com junkie
« Reply #2 on: Jun 4, 2009, 04:01PM »
take it to see a priest.

Offline Vithy

• post whore
« Reply #3 on: Jun 4, 2009, 05:12PM »
only thing i can think of is the water hoses on the bottom side of the intake manifold had burst thus when the car was running hot it was running like shit since the intake was so hot the fuel was heating up too much before it combusted
thats my random stab in the dark

when it was running like shit was it pinging bad???
"Noss is God"

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Jun 4, 2009, 05:13PM »
Ha! Good 'ole KA24E weird-ness...
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline nstg8a

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Jun 4, 2009, 10:54PM »
haha, found the problem, theres a hose that wraps aaround the block just under the dist' cap, it had a pinhole, which when it got hot became a high pressure steam cleaner lol, was quite impressive to watch. jet of steam went straight at one of the leads where it goes on the cap, so im guessing that where the miss is coming from. il chuck a new hose at it tomorrow, might as well do the power steering one that leaks like a sieve at the same time lol