Author Topic: HELPPPPPP NEEDED VERY BADLY!!! DRIVESHAFT SEAL NEEDED FOR U13 BLUEBIRD SSS.  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Jeffrito

• antrx.com pre-pewbie newbie
Hey guys.. i have been searching for ever looking for a Bluebird community! so glad i found this site.

Well i REALLLLLLLLLY badly need your help, and any input, suggestions, resolutions to my problem would be extremely appreciated. basicallllly im in a very crappy situation.

basically i need to get a rwc for my 93 Nissan bluebird U13 SSS AWD. the thing about this car is it has the sr20det transplanted from a U12 pintara so its abit of a mix n match. it originally was still a AWD but just the SR20DE (not turbo).

anyway, the issue is the DRIVESHAFT SEAL needed to be replaced. the seal has been the BIGGGGGEST headache to find replaced with the correct size to match. its very hard because the gearbox and engine is all kinda all over the place, mismatching and things. my mechanic has gone through 6x diff seals! and still to no luck. the process has taken 2 full months already. RECENTLY, he had just ordered 2 seals from nissan japan and he had just informed me that they still do not fit. its so stressful, because the car cant move obviously without that seal. and im worried that my mechanic is running out of options to try to resolve this as his pulling his hair out. and im stuck havin to pay the $800 in repairs already complete and im worried that ill have to pay that without a functioning car... so its basically just this stupid seal needed!

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

WHAT I NEED: (advised my mechanic.. these are the measurements i need and type of seal, fyi i know nuthin about this stuff so...)

DRIVESHAFT OIL SEAL
(DOUBLE LIP SEAL)
38X59X9

thankss so much guys in advance.
my email; [email protected]

Offline SRU13

• antrx.com junior member
where bouts are you at?

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Why haven't you just taken the NOK number off the old seal and gone and matched it up?

What side of the gearbox is the seal on? Passenger or drivers side? Or is it rear diff?
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline KA24ET

Nissan has -0-14 types of seals for the sr20de/t box and its variants. Any mechanic who is worth his salt knows the only way to get the right one is t take it to the nissan parts man!
problem solved!

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
Let us know how you go.

I've had trouble getting seals for my ATTESA before, but the NOK numbers saved my ass.
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline KA24ET

nine time out ten its near impossible to read the number on the seal once removed!
needs physically matching up!!

Offline SRU13

you should be able to take the old seal into a company call Bearing traders (hopinh you have them in vic)  or a company called CBC bearings either of those companies will be able to match the seal for you real easy

Offline SleepaTi

• antrx.com junkie
  • KA24DET Guru
go to bearing wholesalers on (4) suffolk rd st albans with the size you need

9364 9991
NO! it's NOT a fucking SR20!!

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
I get all of mine from CBC Bearings. Give them the size and they should be able to find something that fits.

They were even able to match up some front wheel bearings for my U11 Bluebird, which turned out to be the same size as early Subaru WRX bearings! I think I got axle seals for that from them too...
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!