Author Topic: 2 nooby questions lol  (Read 2063 times)

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
2 nooby questions lol
« on: Oct 22, 2006, 12:18AM »
On the interior of the pinny T, you know the spare buttons on the dash that do nothing? The spares for optional accessories on the Ti's. Ummm the ones like the Hazard lights, but the spare spots. Lol. How hard would it be to hook up the Underseat neons so they have the on/off switch in there? Like.. a hazard light switch, but hooked up to the underseat neons? And also, when replacing the boot light with a small neon, what kind of results are there? Im hopefully getting twin 10"s powered by some hand me down amp (subs are handme downs aswell), and want to show them off with a little neon light? I know its been covered, but its not EXACTLY what im looking for... Hence the question.
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline SAIUN

• antrx.com junkie
  • ~(> ^_^)>
Re: 2 nooby questions lol
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2006, 01:41AM »
From what I've heard, both of those things are pretty easy to do. Talk to rathies or Ammerty about it.
Current mods:
ANTRX.com KA24E Stage 2 ECU chip (5kW)
ANTRX.com sticker (30kW) ;D

... that's about all.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2006, 01:40AM »
You can cut a hole into the blank panels of your dash for a switch, or you can get a factory fog light switch, punch out the blank panel and use the fog light switch to control your neons.

For the boot light, just wire the neon into the original boot light wiring.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline Febrile

• Forum Predator
  • post whore
  • I like having thumbs
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2006, 04:06AM »
I would personally not use the buttons that come with the car.  They're a whore.  Their operation, whilst clever, is incredibly chunky in it's design, and is prone to failure, in my opinion.  They are absolutely no fun at all to try to fix, either.  Better off to buy a switch from Dick Smith or somewhere and cut it into the blank, I reckon.
Doo-woop-shoobie-doo-waah

Offline Budgie

• Dr. B Udgie - AWD FTW
  • Administrator
  • post whore
  • U12-U13
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2006, 10:54AM »
I agree Narxysus.  My rear demister switch is stuffed... you need to thump it hard a few times for it to make a connection.  I have taken it apart and checked it all, cleaned it and re-assembled (successfully, which was quite hard!) but it still works intermittently.  The bloody thing has a ball bearing in there, this tiny bits of copper wire... its just a pain in the ass!
dont piss me off with your pillarless shit captain snappy wrist

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2006, 10:54PM »
get yo arse down to a wrecker (with u12's) and rip out a few switches, pay for at least 1. You will most definately be able to adapt them for neons. I haven't had any trouble with mine so I can't talk for anyone else.
I actually installed my switches on the panel underneath where the factory switches are, they're really small and discreet. The people that do see them go 'whats that for' if you think thats thrilling.

I think plenty of us would have neons in the boot, I had 2x30cm tubes and it was really good. I'm sure you will be able to get away with one. Just carefully pull the existing light out and join the neons onto that wire. Screw it in if possible, I assure you double sided tape won't hold for long.

edit: switches i've got are this item here:
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SK0984&CATID=&keywords=spst&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)

Offline BILL*69

• is on LPG...
  • post whore
  • Off Defect Finally..
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2006, 11:06PM »
But can you use the stock ones that come with the car? The stock cut outs? Would it be hard? I dont want to do any cutting of the dash ANYWHERE lol..
mr 4ut0m4t1c d0r1fft0000 p1nny 0n ga5 w17h cu5t0m u13h su8w00f3r!
When i'm cruisin' wit my bitches and G's ready to pop a cap in the ass of some fool who thinks he's bank by takin' my corner of the block....  ::)

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2006, 12:06AM »
Those cut-outs aren't really cut-outs, they're a section of that panel that has been painted black. If you want to put a switch somewhere the best place would probably be where the power mirror switch goes on Ti's. It's the flat panel on the far right of the dash, next to your dash dimmer switch.

If you want to get rid of the hole just go down to the wreckers and get a new blank panel.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline rathies

• I may be going to hell but I'm going in a 4BY
  • post whore
  • Patrol of Doom coming soon
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2006, 09:42AM »
But can you use the stock ones that come with the car? The stock cut outs? Would it be hard? I dont want to do any cutting of the dash ANYWHERE lol..

just instal the little black switch where i said and leave it there when you sell the car. its really really discreet.
Previous rides: KA24ET TRX,  2000 GUII Patrol 4.2 td, AntrxWA whore TRX owner 4/5, 99 Landrover Discovery TD5
Current Ride(s):  91 GQ Patrol ST-3 RB25DET Converted :)