Author Topic: Red Velvet interior - and how to remove door panel?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline peopleman

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Hey Guys,
I just purchased a a ford cosair ( with a nissan engine in it), seems to run pretty smoothly. I have a few issues tho with it, i only paid 800 bucks for the car..and therefore the car wasnt in tip top condition as you would assume.( i still need to rigure out how to get the techometer working, and temp gauge)
I was hoping that the manual that i downloaded would be able to assist me on a few of these things. Anyways the roof was in really bad condition, and i went ahead and purchased some fabric and ended up changing the roof to a red velvet!! looks absolutely amazing. Will upload pics very soon! But can anyone give me any advice on how to remove the panel.
Thanks you

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Red Velvet interior - and how to remove door panel?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2010, 11:30PM »
Door cards have been covered many times before! Have you got power windows or manual winders?

There are a couple of screws in the arm rest (2 on non-power windows, 3 on power windows plus one to hold the pad onto the plastic moulding), the surround of the door handle unclips, remove the window winder if it has one then pop the clips around the outside of the door card, and lift it off the top of the door.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!

Offline peopleman

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2010, 05:41PM »
Thanks for the reply! My only concern regarding the door is actually the handle to open the door. I feel as if there is a screw in there somewhere but i cant seem to find it. Iv removed the arm rest, the manual window arm and the clips, but i feel as if i need to disconnect the spring for the latch, and i am scared as i dont want to ruin it.

Offline Habibosaurus

• YouTube King
  • Global Moderator
  • antrx.com junkie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2010, 12:35PM »
Thanks for the reply! My only concern regarding the door is actually the handle to open the door. I feel as if there is a screw in there somewhere but i cant seem to find it. Iv removed the arm rest, the manual window arm and the clips, but i feel as if i need to disconnect the spring for the latch, and i am scared as i dont want to ruin it.

You don't need to remove the handle.. only the small frame around it which should pop off. Than you can take off the door card.
Ill fight you. May even throw a bar of soap your way. Maybe a few wax strips and some clip on brembo brake calipers for your fooly sic civic.