Author Topic: Tuned ECU for U12, I think? Identify this? (Pics up.)  (Read 1939 times)

Offline ibi bodykits

• antrx.com junior member
  • U13 bodykits or a shoulder to cry on.
I shouldn't have posted this without the pic, but I've got some U12 goodies for sale that came along with a built U13 KA24DE a while back, and the goodies are for sale. Since U12's are infinitely more popular in your neck of the woods maybe someone can identify these parts and is interested in buying them for cheap.

I've got a full wire harness and two ECUs. One ECU seems to have something piggybacked on top of it, and there is a sticker from a tuning shop. MY BELIEF is that this was an ECU tuned for a KA24DE swap in a U12, but maybe you guys can tell me...

Pics up within the hour!
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2009, 03:00AM by ibi bodykits »
iBi Body Kits 
[email protected]

U13 bodykit, eyelids and widebody fenders.

RIP 1993 U13 Altima SE.
Hello 2002 P11 Infiniti G20 Sport.

Offline ibi bodykits

• antrx.com junior member
  • U13 bodykits or a shoulder to cry on.
Re: Tuned ECU for U12, I think? Identify this?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2009, 03:00AM »
Sorry for the pic size, but I wanted as much detail in there as possible. Any idea what car these parts might be from? Thanks!

iBi Body Kits 
[email protected]

U13 bodykit, eyelids and widebody fenders.

RIP 1993 U13 Altima SE.
Hello 2002 P11 Infiniti G20 Sport.

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: Tuned ECU for U12, I think? Identify this? (Pics up.)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2009, 06:33AM »
That piggyback box is the auto tranny control. It's an OE Nissan part.

Regarding the ecu, if you could you'd either have to remove the rom for someone to dump the contents or dump the contents via consult to see what was done. it's easy to do once the data is on a pc.

Offline Jono

• The Wise Man
  • Global Moderator
  • post whore
  • memory boy!
Re: Tuned ECU for U12, I think? Identify this? (Pics up.)
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2009, 12:27AM »
The ecu in the first two pics is an OBD-II type ecu, probably out of a USDM U13 or similar age vehicle. I have never seen a pre-2000 model Nissan in Australia with this ecu plug, but I do know it was used in the US in the late 90s. Someone with Nissan FAST might be able to find more info on it.

The stuff in the rest of the pics look like standard KA-engine auto-transmission U12 stuff. The looms will have a few differences (other than the gearbox wiring) to a manual trans U12. As SSS said the small box is the transmission computer.
#1 Post Wh0re
pringles was here!