Author Topic: Rally spec.  (Read 7070 times)

Offline DamieN

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
Rally spec.
« on: Jun 5, 2011, 11:55PM »
hi all,
recently did a rally day via red balloon vouchers & www.rallyschool.com.au at colo park, colo heights nsw.
& i was just wondering what i can do to my 92 u12 pintara hatch to make it rally spec?
is there any old details of nissan doing/using u12's back in the day?
Got mudflaps on the rear so far.
cheers
DamieN.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
Re: Rally spec.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 6, 2011, 11:00AM »

is it to double as a road car? or is it rally only?

either way install larger front brakes or at the very least slotted rotors with better pads. if its rally only, straight thru noisy exhaust with no resonators or cat. cold air intake. some pretty solid wheels that will take the brunt of rough roads in a rally 16" max. tyres for the road surface (i'm thinking dirt right?). roll cage, comfortable racing seat, strip the interior out, install good suspension and sway bars.

or fork out $20k and buy a bluebird like the one above.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline DamieN

« Reply #2 on: Jun 6, 2011, 01:17PM »
think ill do it as both street & rally.
that bluebird is hot pity i dont have 20k to buy it.
i have a pod adapter from my liberty which i never fitted its a universal one so hopefully that fits so that can start as a cai.
thanx noss.

Offline FuzzyDropbear

• antrx.com senior member
  • L26 Boost Junkie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 6, 2011, 01:39PM »
that bluebird is hot pity i dont have 20k to buy it.

You could probably sell it and buy the Bluebird that's currently in the for sale section, drop a SR20 in it and do the mods Noss suggested. You'd end up with a better car.

Do you just want to make it look like a rally car, or are you intending to use it in events?
Datsun boys, we like 'em fast, so we drop 'em low, heavy on the gas!

Offline Pure_Sincerity

• post whore
  • noss is my father
« Reply #4 on: Jun 6, 2011, 04:48PM »
The bluebird in the FS almost agreed to selling it to me for $1200. He didn't say yes or no, he just said "when can we meet"
U12 TRX
KA25DE
HIGH COMP
MEGASQUIRT
COILOVERS
INDIVIDUAL THROTTLE BODIES

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
« Reply #5 on: Jun 8, 2011, 09:33AM »
A thick bash plate to protect the sump is also a must.

Offline DamieN

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2011, 09:36PM »
thanx guys probly just do this one up slowly found some rims i like which are 16's
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110671623084
sent them a question to make sure that they will fit but i have seen some trx & TI wheels at dapto pick a part which were still on the cars & the trx was a hatch & had the rear/side spoiler's still on it just dunno how to take em off.

Offline aussiepintara

• antrx.com junior member
« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2011, 10:14AM »
i got a set of t.i alloys that i need to get rid of. they still have good tread to.

Offline JAWSTRX!

• antrx.com junkie
  • TRX STYLE!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2011, 08:26PM »
I got some stock TRX alloy's....
TRX 1-FORD FALCON 0

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2011, 05:39PM »
thanx guys probly just do this one up slowly found some rims i like which are 16's
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110671623084
sent them a question to make sure that they will fit but i have seen some trx & TI wheels at dapto pick a part which were still on the cars & the trx was a hatch & had the rear/side spoiler's still on it just dunno how to take em off.

they are 4x114.3 so they will fit, you will however have issues with the offset. you need 38 to 44 offset, these wheels are 15.

edit: if you go with the 15 offset, the wheels will be sticking out (i.e. wider track),  the wider track will be good for handling i guess but it will be illegal for road use because your tyres will be outside the guards. you'd be able to roll/modify the guards to suit though. could look awesome.
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2011, 05:43PM by noss »

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline Benji

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2011, 12:35AM »
U def need a bash plate under the front, and raise the exhaust at the back or its gonna hit the floor, also you'll probably need something to protect the radiator at the bottom front, I went out last week through a dip and puddle and lost the front bumper, dented the bottom metal frame too :/

Offline DamieN

« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2011, 11:39PM »
Thanx for input. My dream of doing it up rally spec have been squashed  >:(as i was stopped in traffic & the lady behind me was stopped but lady behind her hit the car behind me & has pushed rear bumper in enough that my hatch wont close & the guy at the smash repairer's qoute for insurance said might cost more than its worth to fix but hopefully it gets fixed tho. ::)
swear its jinxed this car 1st the 1st(original) motor died head gasket & was cheaper to get 2nd hand motor put in than fix orig motor. spose only good thing is if it doesnt get fixt i will have 4 fairly new tyres i can put on my wifes 2002 daewoo nubira wags & then search for another car.
body is good on my pintara except for rear end now & the rust on drivers side on the hatch corner.
Fingers crossed 2 get it fixt. :o
DamieN.

Offline DamieN

No longer mine anymore.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2011, 10:59AM »
Well just an update.
insurance company dont wanna fix it & deem it un roadworthy just because the boot wont shut.
$3 grand in damage i rang nrma which is the person who caused the accidents insurer & they said to get my insurer Budget to chase them up but after nearly an hour back & forth on the phone i decided to take the $2500 cheque they are sending me for the car & its going to be picked up tomorrow.
its a pity but going to wait & save up get something in a lil while.
will probably be on here looking from time to time in the FS section.
DamieN