Author Topic: painfully obvious but to hard  (Read 3008 times)

Offline {[ DaMuN ]}

• antrx.com newbie with pewbies
  • rock the boat?
painfully obvious but to hard
« on: Jun 14, 2014, 12:55AM »
OK so i have a 92 Pintara T superhatch auto with about 70km on the clock. all speakers have pretty much shat them self.
Need to know what the front and rear speaker size are. My brother will do all the install work for me but wont check what sizes they are ( lazy bastard ).
Also whats the largest i can go with out major work needed?
i know it would be easy to just check them by taking the panels off but... im a paraplegic so it is stupidly simply difficult for me to check  >:(
thanks in advance  :)

Offline SSS

• Administrator
  • post whore
Re: painfully obvious but to hard
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2014, 01:52PM »
6.5" in the front doors and in the parcel shelf from memory.

you may need spacers for the front doors in case your new speakers are deeper than the original ones (so they won't interfere with the windows when they are down).
I don't remember the maximum depth you can go without spacers.

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2014, 11:43AM »
6.5" in the front doors and in the parcel shelf from memory.

you may need spacers for the front doors in case your new speakers are deeper than the original ones (so they won't interfere with the windows when they are down).
I don't remember the maximum depth you can go without spacers.

Mine have custom spacers (I have 6.5), so I'd say that you will need spacers for them to fit. 6.5 inch back in that time as a manufacturers spec was pretty good. Would have thought the size would be 4 or 5.25.

Offline {[ DaMuN ]}

• rock the boat?
« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2014, 09:24PM »
Well after much searching ( a bit too much researching in my opinion ) the fronts are 6x4 and rears are 5inch. not much to work with but i'm not building a show stopper sound system, just a happy cruzer lol i'm not going to bother with cutting the rear holes larger to fit bigger speakers.

thanks guys.

Offline noss

• Administrator
  • post whore
  • great scott!
    • antrx
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2014, 01:35PM »
if you're on a budget it would be cheaper to buy 6" all round and make mdf mounting rings / spacers.

I found that 6.5" was probably a bit too much as sometimes the door card would pop off around the speaker. 6" would be ideal.

http://polyfedelicio.us/imgs/ - free image hosting for whatever you like

Offline SR20ME

• antrx.com full member
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2014, 10:14PM »
if you're on a budget it would be cheaper to buy 6" all round and make mdf mounting rings / spacers.

I found that 6.5" was probably a bit too much as sometimes the door card would pop off around the speaker. 6" would be ideal.

This is true. The weight of the speakers with moulds can pull the door trim straight off (6.5 inch in my case).

Nissan didn't do a good job with the pop type door trim. You can give it extra strength though just by drilling a few holes spaced  around the door trim (maybe 2 or 3 max) and using some std car interior screws. Before I did this I thought you'd notice the screws but after doing it, you don't really look at them when you look at the door. Door trim hasn't fallen off since.

Offline {[ DaMuN ]}

• rock the boat?
« Reply #6 on: Jul 1, 2014, 12:56PM »
Excellent thanks everyone! Wasn't really looking forward  to having little proxy 6x4 in the front. Glad I can upgrade to 6" all round now.

Now onto fixing the leaking head gasket and leaking dizzy that appeared over night. Dam car is falling apart from old age not kms.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk